Monster Hunter: World

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ugh, yeah fuck Rajang. What a lame ass monster. The lightning bomb he does is basically a one shot.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ugh, yeah fuck Rajang. What a lame ass monster. The lightning bomb he does is basically a one shot.
He's definitely annoying on a bunch of weapons, honestly I only fight him with Lance and SnS, I don't like other weapons(HBG/LBG would be ok too I guess). Lance I just block more or less everything so it kinda doesn't matter what he does, SnS with the super fast sheathspeed and very short string combos and mobility it's easy to just never commit to anything and dodge out of the way of everything.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just don't get hit by it.

I think someone earlier in this thread mentioned they didn't like the Camera and I think this fight definitely is an illustration of the weird way it tracks or doesn't track. I really have never minded it but in this fight, especially when Rajang rages, it can be very difficult tracking where he is in relation to you and then what move is coming next. I've also had him do the lightning mouth beam with no warning and then when I"m down on the ground he does that bull rush triple swipe back to back to almost instant death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He's definitely annoying on a bunch of weapons, honestly I only fight him with Lance and SnS, I don't like other weapons(HBG/LBG would be ok too I guess). Lance I just block more or less everything so it kinda doesn't matter what he does, SnS with the super fast sheathspeed and very short string combos and mobility it's easy to just never commit to anything and dodge out of the way of everything.

I decided to go with CB as it had a strong Ice based weapon readily available in the Deep Schnegel. Will give lance a try, I really have never taken to SnS as I just find the combat with it offputting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I decided to go with CB as it had a strong Ice based weapon readily available in the Deep Schnegel. Will give lance a try, I really have never taken to SnS as I just find the combat with it offputting.
Yeah SnS is a bit different, but once I got into it I really liked it, it feels so "agile", it has the same dodge rate as other weapons(well technically the backstep is like 3x the evasion frames but it's not that easy to do at the right timing without anticipating it) but just because it's pretty much never locked into an attack animation it feels so much more responsive, and you can attack in any direction easily, and if you need to sprint or eat you can sheath in like .3secs so you're never in a situation where you're like "oh fuck I'm gonna get hit by that I can't do anything about it". It does ridiculous damage after the Safi patch too with Perfect Rush.

That said weapons are personnal choices and stuff. Lance's always good though, anything hard generally gets a lot easier with lance. Mind you tempered Rajang is still a fucking beast, he'll chip you for like 20-30% of your hp on his big attacks, so you need to stay agressive to heal back through the augment. Or I guess you can do a super defensive build, some people do these, with like 2pc vaal for passive regen and shit, you'll do shit damage but the odds of dying at close to none. His grab is finnicky and will often grab you, but unlike most other weapons, just get up right away and hold block and you'll block the follow up, so it literally doesn't do any damage if he grabs you, just wastes time.

Only thing is you might want Mind's Eye, as otherwise if you counter him when his arms are lit up you might counter into his arms then do the bounce animation and get fucked right after. It's not necessary but helps a bunch, if you don't you want to not counter some of his attacks and instead guard dashes and stuff to reposition.

And yeah he's kind hard to track which I think is the point. The laser is instant and he'll often just do it randomly, so you always want to be moving to his side/behind him. In general the fight is all about just waiting for the few moves you can punish, and just running around the rest of the time. So weapons like CB are definitely not great for it imo, although you can guard point a bunch of stuff it's hard to find good openings. For greatswords for example the best strat is to do a velkhana draw build and just do draw attacks and do TCS when he's down. It's not pretty and I'm sure pros can just do raw TCS mid fight but that shit's hard with how much he moves and how aggressive he is.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah SnS is a bit different, but once I got into it I really liked it, it feels so "agile", it has the same dodge rate as other weapons(well technically the backstep is like 3x the evasion frames but it's not that easy to do at the right timing without anticipating it) but just because it's pretty much never locked into an attack animation it feels so much more responsive, and you can attack in any direction easily, and if you need to sprint or eat you can sheath in like .3secs so you're never in a situation where you're like "oh fuck I'm gonna get hit by that I can't do anything about it". It does ridiculous damage after the Safi patch too with Perfect Rush.

That said weapons are personnal choices and stuff. Lance's always good though, anything hard generally gets a lot easier with lance. Mind you tempered Rajang is still a fucking beast, he'll chip you for like 20-30% of your hp on his big attacks, so you need to stay agressive to heal back through the augment. Or I guess you can do a super defensive build, some people do these, with like 2pc vaal for passive regen and shit, you'll do shit damage but the odds of dying at close to none. His grab is finnicky and will often grab you, but unlike most other weapons, just get up right away and hold block and you'll block the follow up, so it literally doesn't do any damage if he grabs you, just wastes time.

Only thing is you might want Mind's Eye, as otherwise if you counter him when his arms are lit up you might counter into his arms then do the bounce animation and get fucked right after. It's not necessary but helps a bunch, if you don't you want to not counter some of his attacks and instead guard dashes and stuff to reposition.

And yeah he's kind hard to track which I think is the point. The laser is instant and he'll often just do it randomly, so you always want to be moving to his side/behind him. In general the fight is all about just waiting for the few moves you can punish, and just running around the rest of the time. So weapons like CB are definitely not great for it imo, although you can guard point a bunch of stuff it's hard to find good openings. For greatswords for example the best strat is to do a velkhana draw build and just do draw attacks and do TCS when he's down. It's not pretty and I'm sure pros can just do raw TCS mid fight but that shit's hard with how much he moves and how aggressive he is.

I still prefer LS the most out of any weapon. I'll probably just switch to lance as your suggesting. In general though I think the Defender stuff just made my thought choices on gear, gems and weapons like the last thing to think about and it's been a bit more jarring in Icebourne.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still prefer LS the most out of any weapon. I'll probably just switch to lance as your suggesting. In general though I think the Defender stuff just made my thought choices on gear, gems and weapons like the last thing to think about and it's been a bit more jarring in Icebourne.
Oh I think LS would be fine for Rajang, can dodge a bunch of stuff. Just need to not try to counter the big jump attack since that has 3 hits. You can always check speed kill videos and see how they do some of the things, obviously they'll rely a lot on KD locking stuff but still should show some good strategy for every move.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That was easy!

Clipboard01.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Pyros Pyros friend of mine is hunting horn playing a full support (WR5, etc). What's your opinion on augmenting weapons? He thinks he should go full health regen since its done on damage done, but just looking to get your opinion on it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros friend of mine is hunting horn playing a full support (WR5, etc). What's your opinion on augmenting weapons? He thinks he should go full health regen since its done on damage done, but just looking to get your opinion on it.
I mean personally I don't like full support, my "support" build also has basic damage(100% affinity and some attack from brute tigrex armor for free meal 3). So I have affinity+health, like on everything else. The scaling for health regen is terrible past the first point too(first is like 7.5% dmg done as healing, 2nd is 9% or something like that, so the difference is minimal especially if you do low damage). Getting a socket might actually be more useful than getting more health if they don't want affinity, since you could fit, well, something. That something would definitely be better(hell just the healing up thing would heal more than a 2nd health augment).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Oh I think LS would be fine for Rajang, can dodge a bunch of stuff. Just need to not try to counter the big jump attack since that has 3 hits. You can always check speed kill videos and see how they do some of the things, obviously they'll rely a lot on KD locking stuff but still should show some good strategy for every move.

Ended up killing him with the LS....

Did make a HBG set with the Zinogre weapon and did some facerolling through Guiding Lands. Granted I don't have any shield or spread decos so it's not ideal yet.

For the Zinogre HBG, you just use spread ammo and that's it right? It only carries like 6 stickies so what's the point I think?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ended up killing him with the LS....

Did make a HBG set with the Zinogre weapon and did some facerolling through Guiding Lands. Granted I don't have any shield or spread decos so it's not ideal yet.

For the Zinogre HBG, you just use spread ammo and that's it right? It only carries like 6 stickies so what's the point I think?

Yep. Crit Boost, Spread 2, Ammo Boost, Guard Up capacity are critical for the build. Use one recoil suppressor and the rest Close Range Up mods on the HBG and roll through monsters.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yep. Crit Boost, Spread 2, Ammo Boost, Guard Up capacity are critical for the build. Use one recoil suppressor and the rest Close Range Up mods on the HBG and roll through monsters.

Yeah, again Decos are bullshit but whatever. Just have Stygian Zinogre and Safi left at this point for quests I think, right?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've been playing LBG but spent some time putting together a Shara sticky hbg build together last night. It's all fun and games learning a new weapon in a 4-monster arena mission until you disconnect and get to fight the final 2 monsters solo.

On the last I finally figured out how to block...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ok, so I just got and beat the 50MR quest. I have to keep grinding GL to unlock more of them? Otherwise I just have the Stygian Zinogre quest still which is a one-off right? If I didn't have work I think I would have switched to a different game as GL seems boring as fuck after a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea so there's quests at 49, 69, and 99 that unlock higher levels of the guiding lands. I believe once you've done the 49 quest you can take guiding lands regions to level 5, then after 69 to level 6, then level 7 after the 99 quest. Stronger monsters will start appearing as you get the regions leveled up. Ruiner Nergigante and Tempered Elders will start showing up in level 7 regions, and I believe the elders start showing up in the level 6 regions.