Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there an easy way to tell which monsters you've already killed in the GL?
If you check the transmuting lady, any materials in the list means you already have killed it. Note that killing tempered monsters also unlock the normal material, so you only need to kill that if you want to limit how much stuff you're killing. After that you kinda need to make a list.

There might be a better way but what I did is took this excel spreadsheet I found on reddit(adding it as code so it doesn't open automatically in the post):
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0DL9tCsQQlIAoYob_Kli8NMtIJ4lbX2i5tgQVw5owk/edit#gid=517604184
Then I selected the J column and inserted a checkbox for every line, cleaned it up a bit(removing the checkboxes when there wasn't any monster) and then just clicked them on the list, was a nice way to track them and also see where the monsters spawn and stuff without checking something else.

To get everything you'll have to level some stuff then drop them. Only forest can be leveled to 6 then dropped, since the highest unique monster there is Scarred Garuga which spawns at 6, unlike other region which generally have the tempered version of their unique monster spawns at 7(Rajang volcanic, Brute Tigrex Vale, Silver Rath Coral, Gold Rath Wildspire, Stygian Tundra). Note that since you need to level your MR first, it's better to just level stuff you need for charms and what not(for example temp radobaan for guard charm) when it's capped, and then focus on the regions once you get close to being MR100. The first to 7 should probably be Coral since you want Temp Namielle for health augments asap.

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you check the transmuting lady, any materials in the list means you already have killed it. Note that killing tempered monsters also unlock the normal material, so you only need to kill that if you want to limit how much stuff you're killing. After that you kinda need to make a list.

There might be a better way but what I did is took this excel spreadsheet I found on reddit(adding it as code so it doesn't open automatically in the post):
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0DL9tCsQQlIAoYob_Kli8NMtIJ4lbX2i5tgQVw5owk/edit#gid=517604184
Then I selected the J column and inserted a checkbox for every line, cleaned it up a bit(removing the checkboxes when there wasn't any monster) and then just clicked them on the list, was a nice way to track them and also see where the monsters spawn and stuff without checking something else.

To get everything you'll have to level some stuff then drop them. Only forest can be leveled to 6 then dropped, since the highest unique monster there is Scarred Garuga which spawns at 6, unlike other region which generally have the tempered version of their unique monster spawns at 7(Rajang volcanic, Brute Tigrex Vale, Silver Rath Coral, Gold Rath Wildspire, Stygian Tundra). Note that since you need to level your MR first, it's better to just level stuff you need for charms and what not(for example temp radobaan for guard charm) when it's capped, and then focus on the regions once you get close to being MR100. The first to 7 should probably be Coral since you want Temp Namielle for health augments asap.

Thanks for this.

The Health augments are still to weapon right? There are no augments to armor except max level removal?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for this.

The Health augments are still to weapon right? There are no augments to armor except max level removal?
Yeah augmenting armor only increases the upgrade cap so you get more defense, it's pretty good once you get to tempered elder dragons hunting though since those hurt a lot and with normal defenses you can get one shot by some stuff. To augment armor you need generic tier 3(elder dragons and rajang/bazel etc monsters) GL stuff. Weapon augments have more stuff and are more like "enchants" in other games, can get lifesteal(health augment), add slots or increase attack/affinity/elem dmg/defense. Mostly you'll want affinity+health augments since that's the best value.

Also for weapon augments, you can "remove" them, you only lose the shitty amount of research points, so as soon as you unlock basically anything you should start augmenting your weapons assuming they're available(any gold rathian weapon requires that first since you can only augment the last tier, so they take a bit longer). Even if it's just defense it's basically free shit so don't hesitate to drop augments on your weapons asap. Armor on the other hand can't be refunded, so don't augment shit armor you won't use, focus on the main pieces and only use spare materials to augment shit you don't use often, especially R12s armors which use more annoying materials.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ummm. Too easy?

aaaaa.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what you mean but KT was easy too. You'll sometimes wipe because you have some real retards in your team but most of the time it's easy even in pubs with pretty bad players(as long as they heal themselves). Safi isn't much different in that regard. Big positive compared to KT though is you don't take 25years to find the right weapons. I already have like 4 or 5 of the weapons I wanted, only need a few more, after that it's just dracolite to roll stuff.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure what you mean but KT was easy too. You'll sometimes wipe because you have some real retards in your team but most of the time it's easy even in pubs with pretty bad players(as long as they heal themselves). Safi isn't much different in that regard. Big positive compared to KT though is you don't take 25years to find the right weapons. I already have like 4 or 5 of the weapons I wanted, only need a few more, after that it's just dracolite to roll stuff.

Yeah...I have all the weapons I care about really.

Just got a string of BAAAAAAD players. Like the worst since I have started playing. 2 HBG guys in my group. I'm putting out DPS equal to BOTH of them.

I can play full burst now and it's nuts with my new gunlance!

Is that second health aug worth the farm?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah...I have all the weapons I care about really.

Just got a string of BAAAAAAD players. Like the worst since I have started playing. 2 HBG guys in my group. I'm putting out DPS equal to BOTH of them.

I can play full burst now and it's nuts with my new gunlance!

Is that second health aug worth the farm?
2nd health augment is shit, better use affinity, attack or elemental depending on the weapon type.

I've had mixed groups, but doesn't matter too much even with bad players it's easily clearable in 2 runs like KT. It does suck that so many people don't seem to care about breaking parts at all though. Forces me to play LBG again like KT which is one of the reason I hate these siege, I don't want to always be playing ranged but most groups have no ranged or bad ranged players.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New dev diary with future plans

March 23rd for console patch, april for PC for the 2 new variant monsters, in april(probably on both since it should be synced by then) MR Kulve Taroth which is a standard 4player quest not a siege anymore, gives materials that let you upgrade the old weapons, they're also buffing the HR siege version to drop more and rarer weapons and adding melding(using both HR and MR mats), so it shouldn't be as bad finding the old weapons anymore.

Fan favorite monster coming back is Alatreon.

They're also adding a shitty version of layered weapons, hopefully they clean that shit up a bit, first version will only let you change appearance of custom upgradeable weapons to similar weapons(so metal base will layer into all the other metal base but not unique), then 2nd wave will let you layer to anything, but from what they said it seems you won't be able to layer R12 weapons since they don't have custom upgrades, guess we'll see. Bunch of other smaller stuff like adding lvl V versions to most(all?) remaining charms that were stuck at 4.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. Can someone explain to me if I am doing this right. I thought the purpose of putting the Zorah Mag on the gun was so that I could use 1 less piece of armor. I have that...but I am not getting the 5th piece set bonus.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
bbbbbbbbb.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok. Can someone explain to me if I am doing this right. I thought the purpose of putting the Zorah Mag on the gun was so that I could use 1 less piece of armor. I have that...but I am not getting the 5th piece set bonus.

View attachment 255622View attachment 255625
Base artillery is 3, if you have 4 you have the set bonus, you just, you know, need to have 5 artillery equipped. Slot in an additional deco, it only increases the cap, not the actual amount.

• 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
After seeing him for so long on older versions of MH,

It's fucking great seeing the Unstable Black Dragon in current graphics, fuck yes.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
These Safi weapons and armor are crazy. Especially me playing lance. I can play really loose and go ham and not worry about chip damage!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I somehow got all the lances already but I haven't played lance in a while, haven't upgraded them or redone my set, so far I've only done sticky LBG(which was mostly for farming, it's not finished it's like Attack III-IV in all slots instead of VI+V) and SnS, redid my armor stuff and what not and now have Teostra+Tigrex with speed eating/free meal along with affinity maxed and 4attack 5 challenger for flat attack, so it's pretty great for comfiness and can convert to support build by just switching the crit boost charm to wide range(so lose 2 crit boost for 5 wide range). I spent a stupid amount of dracolites rolling the right attack melody on the hunting horn too, this shit should be more common it's fucking stupid but now have 3 blast HH with a different attack melody(I had 2 naturally only rolled the last one to the velk/royal HH which has negate winds which is actually useful).

I got most of the weapons I want now, just still looking for longsword and greatsword(I have some just not blast ones) everything I have or don't care about(DB/Bow/Hammer/Gunlance, although I have some of these too just because). Upgrading everything is another story.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So with the new stuff released on consoles, one interesting bit is it seems Safi basic blast weapons will be basically equal to Safi weapons.

A Brachy weapon is 315 true raw with 20purple sharpness which makes it similar to a Safi with Attack VI, Attack V x2, Sharpness V x2(that's 5 true raw and 5% affinity higher than Brachy, but Brachy has an additional lvl 3 slot).

If you don't want the purple sharpness, a full attack augmented Safi weapon will do more damage but you get a bit more bounces. Still the differences aren't that big.

As a result I'm pretty sure I'm "done" with Safi for now, since the only stuff I had left were Blast weapons. I might look into finishing some elemental options but meh.

The armor is cool too, 2pc Brachy and 3pc Kaiser gives you Agitator secret and with an agitator charm+brachy chest you have the full 7 agitator and brachy boots actually give Garuga a run for their money(2 WEX and 4/1/1 deco slots).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users