Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Aaaand done...

fffff.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, I think I'm going to fire this back up from a fresh save but I want to make sure I don't gimp myself. I used the switch axe exclusively my last playthrough and loved it but I want to use something different but not underpowered. I used the dual blades on the 3DS and liked them but I hated that they did not have as much shatter potential. How are they in World? Any other good weapon suggestions?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK, I think I'm going to fire this back up from a fresh save but I want to make sure I don't gimp myself. I used the switch axe exclusively my last playthrough and loved it but I want to use something different but not underpowered. I used the dual blades on the 3DS and liked them but I hated that they did not have as much shatter potential. How are they in World? Any other good weapon suggestions?
Every weapon is viable play what you like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

None of the weapons are under powered. Hell I'm out DPS's people with a damn Lance. Just play what you have fun with.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Also done, with HBG set at least, that armor set is just lazy and broken though. Zero reason to user anything else ever anymore. Was easier solo with taunting palico then with groups, too many dumbs.

Pretty much anything you want to build now...you can.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty much anything you want to build now...you can.
Yeah going to make a SnS support build that can actually do insane damage. Pretty sure I have the right decos, if not maybe finally start using charge or dual blades.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's my no heals from anyone build for Fatalis. Unlike you Mr. Heavy Bow Gun, I'm getting smacked in the face by dragon nuts every two seconds.

Let me know when you get on. Did you find a new DPS meter?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Kinda sucks I never got into Long sword, nailing those head shot splitters does sooo much damage with all the style.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So with the new armor it doesnt seem like they really have anywhere to go with MHW. MHW2 incoming?

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've never played a MH game. If I got this, should I get the expac at the same time or is that something you can typically wait on?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never played a MH game. If I got this, should I get the expac at the same time or is that something you can typically wait on?

Depends on how fast you want to barrel through the base game. The Iceborne starter gear is significantly better than the base game stuff.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Would that basically remove a ton of content?

Not really. You'll fight all the mobs in the base game by just completing the story. Progress to Iceborne happens after you finish the main storyline. Only thing it removes is grinding mobs to get the armour/weapons that Iceborne makes outdated.

And not like you can't do the side content from the base game after you progress. Every sidequest is stored in your log and you can attempt them at any time.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lets go man. I was wanting to play through all the content again on a new char with some weapons i never really used. Can probabyl sucker some others in to make a solid group.

• 1Like