Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I figured out the "chorus" for the Fatalis hunting horn I was asking about. You need to play the 3rd melody (Highlighted red). So I just need to queue up that melody 1st, and whatever 2nd and 3rd. Press U and Right click at the same time. (My mouse binded to U). I get the chorus I was asking about.

bbbbb.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Game can be kinda frustrating, lol. I dont like having no idea how close to death a monster is. Also havent found a weapon that I really like of the ones I've tried so back to the axe/shield.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Game can be kinda frustrating, lol. I dont like having no idea how close to death a monster is. Also havent found a weapon that I really like of the ones I've tried so back to the axe/shield.
If you're on PC, there's mods to see health. That said you kinda get a feel for it over time, and once you have enough knowledge about the monster ingame(from fighting them and stuff, you can check the ingame journal thing), you'll see when a monster is close to death with a skull icon on the minimap. When they're really close they'll start limping away and go to sleep somewhere to regain some hp slowly. There's also the fact that monsters drop ammo(red little shinies) at certain hp tresholds, iirc at 50% then at 30% so you can tell somewhat with that if you're not using a plunderblade cat(which makes ammo drop).

Weapons I guess is gonna depend on people, personally when I started I played dual blades, and about halfway through the story when you get to high rank, I switched to IG and I've basically never played Dual Blades since, even though I have 600+hours in the game(I mean I played it a couple of times, but not seriously). IG I also switched off when I reached endgame in vanilla but I did go back to it in Iceborne. Some weapons I have very few hunts with(dual blades are mostly low ranks, hammer I have like 5-6hunts with it total, LBG it's only multiplayer stuff because it's easier to play that) and some I have over 100s, and a bunch I barely played at all in vanilla but I played a lot in Iceborne(sword and shield especially is a lot more fun with Iceborne changes).

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
S&S I always thought was the most beginner friendly, and it's a decent weapon to use just in general. DB's are also very easy to use and understand as is LS. Haven't played in forever but when I left HBG was probably the most broken thing in the game but I found the playstyle pretty un-fun.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lance is a blast once you learn how to move around with it using dashes/lunge attacks.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I never tried anything other than DB. DB was so fucking fun. There's something extremely satisfying about doing cartwheels on a dragons head, down their spine, and off their tail slashing them to shit the entire time.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Get this. DPS meter, health, effects etc.

And this, if nothing else.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Those mods made a big difference, much better! Also tried Dual Blades and I like it more than the other 5 or 6 weapons I've tried so far.

Swapped back to m/kb since I have a beginner's hang of the game and also finding it better now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still playing this? I had it on my PS4 but I’m exclusively PC gaming now. So I decided to pick it up again since it’s on sale on Steam including the Iceborne expansion. The game looks amazing on my PC with a 3080 and the high res mods package. It even supports up to 3440 resolution too. It’s been over two years since I played it and forgot a lot of the game mechanics.

So what weapons are top tier in Iceborne? I’m not looking to break any speedrun records but at the same time don’t want to take an eternity to kill also. I remember the HBG, lance snd bows were pretty strong. I just want to be able to kill everything including tempered and arch tempered monsters with the right gear.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone still playing this? I had it on my PS4 but I’m exclusively PC gaming now. So I decided to pick it up again since it’s on sale on Steam including the Iceborne expansion. The game looks amazing on my PC with a 3080 and the high res mods package. It even supports up to 3440 resolution too. It’s been over two years since I played it and forgot a lot of the game mechanics.

So what weapons are top tier in Iceborne? I’m not looking to break any speedrun records but at the same time don’t want to take an eternity to kill also. I remember the HBG, lance snd bows were pretty strong. I just want to be able to kill everything including tempered and arch tempered monsters with the right gear.
Monster Hunter: Rise comes out for PC on Jan. 12th, make sure to get that as well, should be many of us here who will be playing.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

HBG all day, the easiest and most OP weapon in the game.