Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lets go man. I was wanting to play through all the content again on a new char with some weapons i never really used. Can probabyl sucker some others in to make a solid group.

I always wanted to try horn or hammer.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll probably wait for a sale. I work nights anyhow so have late night play hours.

I'm assuming this Master version with base + expac on steam is probably the way to go?

How's the bow?

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Brikker has no excuses not to come eat dirt with us!
1602128540765.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Installing now~

Will hop in when the baby goes to sleep!

Hope bow doesn't suck as a newbie, I'm a sucker for rangers/bows.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So far so good. Swapped to sword/shield, felt it was a better playstyle for a beginner.

Definitely seems console-oriented; are most people on controller?

• 1Truth!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So far so good. Swapped to sword/shield, felt it was a better playstyle for a beginner.

A lot of people are. I started with kb/mouse on PC and still find some of the controls wierd. especially the bow controls. Bound some things to mouse thumb buttons which helped.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Mouse and keyboard is superior once you get the buttons mapped properly and figure out how to set them up. I recommend watching a video and bow is my favorite.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Any of you hunting horn guys know how he gets that chorus to play in this video? 27 seconds in..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any of you hunting horn guys know how he gets that chorus to play in this video? 27 seconds in..

You're gonna have to be more precise. Do you mean the spin? That's the Iceborne move, it's any move > clutch claw button(L2 iirc). He cancels into the back hilt attack(back+circle iirc) and then you can chain it. It lets you build the dragon notes. That's really the basic of HH in Iceborne, since that's one of the highest damaging move and also builds the only way to build special notes. If you mean the sound, it's just because it's this specific horn, a lot of horns have different sounds, if you transmog to another horn you'll get that horn sounds.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You're gonna have to be more precise. Do you mean the spin? That's the Iceborne move, it's any move > clutch claw button(L2 iirc). He cancels into the back hilt attack(back+circle iirc) and then you can chain it. It lets you build the dragon notes. That's really the basic of HH in Iceborne, since that's one of the highest damaging move and also builds the only way to build special notes. If you mean the sound, it's just because it's this specific horn, a lot of horns have different sounds, if you transmog to another horn you'll get that horn sounds.

At 28 seconds he starts playing a song with a chorus. Sounds like some exorcist shit. I can do all those notes needed for the song, but I can't get that chorus to play. I THINK I'm doing it right. Notice the difference at 1:03 in he plays a new song, but no chorus.

This video below has the guys chorus playing at 44 seconds.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I mean hes just queuing up whatever the 3 forte songs and then letting them play all 3 in a row then doing an encore?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I mean hes just queuing up whatever the 3 forte songs and then letting them play all 3 in a row then doing an encore?

Yeah, hat's what I thought. I queue up the songs. Play them. Encore. No special chorus.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, hat's what I thought. I queue up the songs. Play them. Encore. No special chorus.
Isn't it just random what you get? The other differences could be the directional input during it(seems to be neutral in these videos) and potentially the first note(special note first for dragon element burst thing, playing the triangle triangle note first change the moveset so maybe that impacts the sounds too). I don't have the game installed or the horn so can't really check.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Isn't it just random what you get? The other differences could be the directional input during it(seems to be neutral in these videos) and potentially the first note(special note first for dragon element burst thing, playing the triangle triangle note first change the moveset so maybe that impacts the sounds too). I don't have the game installed or the horn so can't really check.

I have no clue. Never played HH. But it is very satisfying!