Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I never really played HBG. Any specific build(s) I should be aiming for?
Sticky or spread, both just destroy. Sticky takes a little more doing and aiming, spread you can just destroy. Both require end game heavy investment for peak performance but you can level with Tigrex sticky HBG for example.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Sticky or spread, both just destroy. Sticky takes a little more doing and aiming, spread you can just destroy. Both require end game heavy investment for peak performance but you can level with Tigrex sticky HBG for example.
Okay sounds good. Which bowgun mods I should use? I was thinking shield since using an HBG you move so slow.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Okay sounds good. Which bowgun mods I should use? I was thinking shield since using an HBG you move so slow.
For Tigrex 2 shields 2 deviation, I would look up HBG meta builds. Reddit has a good link or two with pictures.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For Tigrex 2 shields 2 deviation, I would look up HBG meta builds. Reddit has a good link or two with pictures.
Will do. Apparently the game has some form of catch up mechanic. I got this full rarity 6 Guardian armor at the start of the game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Will do. Apparently the game has some form of catch up mechanic. I got this full rarity 6 Guardian armor at the start of the game.
Yeah the blast weapons you can make early now is dope but none of it matters until High rank. Get to HR as soon as feasible.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the blast weapons you can make early now is dope but none of it matters until High rank. Get to HR as soon as feasible.
So I took your advice going into the Jargas tree and yeah that HBG really slaps. I noticed a difference in my kill speed when I finally got to making a Jargas cannon rank1. I’ve been farming high rank Great Jargas for mats to make the next tier weapon and also to get a full set of its alpha armor. Two to three spread 2 shots point blank to the face stuns (make them turn on their back or whatever you call it) most monsters. I found a guide video from Team Darkside that I’m also following for gear progression. They seems to be a group of elite MHW players.

The only monster I had trouble with so far that carted me was a pink Rathion. I don’t remember him being that difficult when I use to play MHW. I’m guessing since I was a Lance player I was tankier and I was probably better geared cause I was grouping more often people playing it. I’m currently running gun mods close shot x 2 and shield since the gun allows only 3 mods. So I had to SoS and another HBG player showed up with a long blue gun with a blue light coming out the barrel. It must of been an end game set cause she literally killed him less than 30 secs. By the time I left the camp and reached her I was only had time to fire off a few shots before it died.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I took your advice going into the Jargas tree and yeah that HBG really slaps. I noticed a difference in my kill speed when I finally got to making a Jargas cannon rank1. I’ve been farming high rank Great Jargas for mats to make the next tier weapon and also to get a full set of its alpha armor. Two to three spread 2 shots point blank to the face stuns (make them turn on their back or whatever you call it) most monsters. I found a guide video from Team Darkside that I’m also following for gear progression. They seems to be a group of elite MHW players.

The only monster I had trouble with so far that carted me was a pink Rathion. I don’t remember him being that difficult when I use to play MHW. I’m guessing since I was a Lance player I was tankier and I was probably better geared cause I was grouping more often people playing it. I’m currently running gun mods close shot x 2 and shield since the gun allows only 3 mods. So I had to SoS and another HBG player showed up with a long blue gun with a blue light coming out the barrel. It must of been an end game set cause she literally killed him less than 30 secs. By the time I left the camp and reached her I was only had time to fire off a few shots before it died.

Yeah claw, yeet, wound, hammer away with spread shot.
Sticky/slice/cluster bombs early game will get you better results then spread. Spread really comes into its own once you get those consistent free shots.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The next MHW game should be made with RE Engine, and I think all those wizards had been working on RE:4, which will be out in March (I think). Capcom plans on releasing content for Rise throughout 2023 still, so I fear we won't have MHW2 til 2024/25.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Last bump but I take back the negative stuff I said this game just gives you all the cool shit.

Not gonna lie your quick 180 made me pick up the game. Got Iceborne deluxe edition and I haven't played a MH game since the PS2 era.

What do I need to know

Edit - just noticed this is a Rise thread but saw recent mentions of MHW, my bad.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not gonna lie your quick 180 made me pick up the game. Got Iceborne deluxe edition and I haven't played a MH game since the PS2 era.

What do I need to know

Edit - just noticed this is a Rise thread but saw recent mentions of MHW, my bad.
Yeah man, World for the first time is so good and literally my favorite game of all time. Touch all the weapons then get good with the one that feels good. They all take some doing to master.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah man, World for the first time is so good and literally my favorite game of all time. Touch all the weapons then get good with the one that feels good. They all take some doing to master.

World was my first Monster Hunter game and it made me a fan for life for the franchise. For pure gameplay I'd be hard pressed to think of another game I like more. Checks so many boxes of enjoyment.

I really like the exploration, running around finding things and areas. I hope Wilds make the zones even bigger. Perhaps even one massive open world with different biomes. Can understand that a game designed for the PS4 couldn't do it, but PS5/PC should easily be able to handle that.

Cooped the entire game on PS4 when it came out (load times were horrible, but the game was worth it which says a lot). Then got it on PC and cooped the entire game + most of Iceborne again (didn't do all of guiding lands). Coop was actually the most fun on the PS4 at launch, because they didn't add the scaling properly until later. Two players gave the enemy scaling like it was 4.

Currently doing the Rise expansion solo (I do like the follower system), but while playing it, I really just want another World. Graphics is one thing, but it feels so... arcadey? World felt heavier if that makes sense?

I've tried most weapons, but I've settled that for "fast" weapons, I love the insect glaive and for my "slow" weapon I like the gun lance. I do quite like that they have arena challenges that give you a preset gear from different types of weapons to try on monsters. It's how I tried most weapons without having to build for them using mats. So Lenas Lenas that's my tip for trying weapons. I think it works in a way that if you capture monsters in World instead of killing them, they get added to the arena. Not sure if the challenges (with different weapons) is tied to that system though, or if those missions are just added automatically as you encounter the different enemies.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man, I forgot how good this game is. Playing thru from scratch is a blast. Fuckin Nergigante as your first real fight is just amazing!

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
World was my first Monster Hunter game and it made me a fan for life for the franchise. For pure gameplay I'd be hard pressed to think of another game I like more. Checks so many boxes of enjoyment.

I really like the exploration, running around finding things and areas. I hope Wilds make the zones even bigger. Perhaps even one massive open world with different biomes. Can understand that a game designed for the PS4 couldn't do it, but PS5/PC should easily be able to handle that.

Cooped the entire game on PS4 when it came out (load times were horrible, but the game was worth it which says a lot). Then got it on PC and cooped the entire game + most of Iceborne again (didn't do all of guiding lands). Coop was actually the most fun on the PS4 at launch, because they didn't add the scaling properly until later. Two players gave the enemy scaling like it was 4.

Currently doing the Rise expansion solo (I do like the follower system), but while playing it, I really just want another World. Graphics is one thing, but it feels so... arcadey? World felt heavier if that makes sense?

I've tried most weapons, but I've settled that for "fast" weapons, I love the insect glaive and for my "slow" weapon I like the gun lance. I do quite like that they have arena challenges that give you a preset gear from different types of weapons to try on monsters. It's how I tried most weapons without having to build for them using mats. So Lenas Lenas that's my tip for trying weapons. I think it works in a way that if you capture monsters in World instead of killing them, they get added to the arena. Not sure if the challenges (with different weapons) is tied to that system though, or if those missions are just added automatically as you encounter the different enemies.
Try lance it feels great, almost forget this is rise and while I am MR 6 I barely scratched the surface of the expansion.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnf Lance. Started a new game of MHW with the ICE community mod. Not sure wtf it does yet outside of some rebalancing but getting out of my wheelhouse by using the big weapons (hammer and maybe GS).