Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Val Hazak fangs and Wyvern Gems are my fucking AIDS in this game. Getting them takes forever for me.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am beginning to think that mobs have a skill awareness attribute for certain player skills. There have been countless times when I begin to use Dragon Piercer and the mob instantly turns and charges me. So. Fucking. Annoying. All Mantles done, time to focus on augmenting gear.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dragon Piercer is pretty meh compared to dash->normal shot->spread shot->repeat anyway imo.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah DP spam is not really a fun way to play bow imo. Crafted up my dash set and just got that Elementless jewel from the event quest, pair it with the Diablos bow for pure raw ownage. Just need a couple Xeno tails to make the top diablos bow now; does Xeno pop up like Zorah does as an optional quest?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah DP spam is not really a fun way to play bow imo. Crafted up my dash set and just got that Elementless jewel from the event quest, pair it with the Diablos bow for pure raw ownage. Just need a couple Xeno tails to make the top diablos bow now; does Xeno pop up like Zorah does as an optional quest?
He does. or you can join SOS missions doing him.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Alright so HR 41.

Ditched 3 piece Nierg, with a charge blade that shit never procced. Switched out Capacity and Dodogama legs as well, and removed dragonking eyepatch.

Now running:

Azure Rath Helm Beta - Critical Boost Level 1 - 30% more damage when I crit is gamebreaking.

Rathalos Chest Beta/Teostra Coil - Weakness Exploit Level 3 combined - as a CB user I am next to a weak point 80% of the time, being able to have 50% crit without factoring weapons is sick.

Death Gloves Beta / Jyura Legs Beta - Focus Level 3 - Charge Blade phials fill in 6 swings. That's stupid fast, six fucking swings!!

Artillery level 3 charm - gives 30% more damage when I swing with a full phial charge.

Pushing to HR49 to do double tempered Kirin and then opening up the augments, pretty excited.

Anyone have any advice on what I can do for stronger DPS?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seems ALL my Bows (only missing 2) have an Elemental Dmg cap, regardless of how many gems I might have used. Like Doom Shaft is capped at 200 Dragon dmg by using only 2 gems, using 3+ has no effect. None of my Bows were able to take advantage of 5 gems, and only two were able to be buffed by 4 gems (Legiana Snowfletcher (510) and Hunters Proudbow 2 (470). Does this apply to all weapons?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright so HR 41.

Ditched 3 piece Nierg, with a charge blade that shit never procced. Switched out Capacity and Dodogama legs as well, and removed dragonking eyepatch.

Now running:

Azure Rath Helm Beta - Critical Boost Level 1 - 30% more damage when I crit is gamebreaking.

Rathalos Chest Beta/Teostra Coil - Weakness Exploit Level 3 combined - as a CB user I am next to a weak point 80% of the time, being able to have 50% crit without factoring weapons is sick.

Death Gloves Beta / Jyura Legs Beta - Focus Level 3 - Charge Blade phials fill in 6 swings. That's stupid fast, six fucking swings!!

Artillery level 3 charm - gives 30% more damage when I swing with a full phial charge.

Pushing to HR49 to do double tempered Kirin and then opening up the augments, pretty excited.

You'll be happy to know that you have to fight 2 Bagles, and not 2 Kirin's. =)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Alright so HR 41.

Now running:

I'm playing around with my hammer builds now. I'll let ya know if I find something crazy!

Ice Sword and Shield or Ice Longsword!? I can't decide!

https://i.imgur.com/5YPJyWa.png

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So started playing a lancer a few days ago and I finally farmed up and got the Perdition's Hand as my "default". Is the Nerg Armor set any good with this weapon, in particular the set bonus which heals on hit? What are some Armor setups people run with it?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So started playing a lancer a few days ago and I finally farmed up and got the Perdition's Hand as my "default". Is the Nerg Armor set any good with this weapon, in particular the set bonus which heals on hit? What are some Armor setups people run with it?

I'm running the Berg Explosion Lance but I'm currently using a heavy defensive/less annoyance setup. 4 Earplugs 2 crisis/tremor and whatever. So basically nothing can interrupt me or knock me out for any prolonged period. I'm not heavy on guard right now and I don't feel the need to get heal on hit. Reddit says it doesn't really proc unless you are using really fast weapons. Or not enough for it to be relied on in any way. If you want to just go for DPS lance stack Critical Eye, Weakness Exploit and so on.

I would argue that limiting annoyances that can knock you out of position so you can easily guard and Part Breaker to be optimal for farming up mats. I haven't toyed with the idea of evasion lancing yet since I don't really understand it or if it is feasible in this game. Will need more info.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Charge Blade phials fill in 6 swings. That's stupid fast, six fucking swings!!
The combo most people use charges the sword in 3: Hold-O, O+T, Hold-O.

As far as dps goes, do you use the fastest combo for SAED? The full thing is:
1. Hold-O, O+T, Hold-O, [sword is now red] R2+O, O+T, O+T and cancel with R2 [shield is now red].
2. Hold-O, O+T, Hold-O, [sword is now red] R2+O, O+T, O+T.
3. Repeat 2 until shield is no longer red.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am beginning to think that mobs have a skill awareness attribute for certain player skills. There have been countless times when I begin to use Dragon Piercer and the mob instantly turns and charges me. So. Fucking. Annoying. All Mantles done, time to focus on augmenting gear.

They do, sharpening weapon is another trigger I am sure there is more.

I switched to horn for when I do elder dragons multiplayer(even in PUGs elders go down sub 10 mins), the earplugs+affinity completely destroys them. Earplugs seems like something you don't need until you realize how much DPS is lost while they are sitting there roaring and you can't do shit. Hunting horn also always seems to hit for deep orange damage on every part of the monster, good times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It seems ALL my Bows (only missing 2) have an Elemental Dmg cap, regardless of how many gems I might have used. Like Doom Shaft is capped at 200 Dragon dmg by using only 2 gems, using 3+ has no effect. None of my Bows were able to take advantage of 5 gems, and only two were able to be buffed by 4 gems (Legiana Snowfletcher (510) and Hunters Proudbow 2 (470). Does this apply to all weapons?

For Dual Blades and SNS it is the same cap. It depends on the base amount of elemental damage the weapon has how high the cap goes. Right now whatever element type gem to level 3 will cap me. For thunder you can use Kirin's gloves and other elements the same so free up gem slots.

Finally unlocked Augmentations last night, we need some heroes with Elder Tempered Dragons to join up. The armor gems we need drop from them semi common. Pretty crazy though I was able to augment my tier 6 / 7 armor to 80+ defense.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They do, sharpening weapon is another trigger I am sure there is more.

I switched to horn for when I do elder dragons multiplayer(even in PUGs elders go down sub 10 mins), the earplugs+affinity completely destroys them. Earplugs seems like something you don't need until you realize how much DPS is lost while they are sitting there roaring and you can't do shit. Hunting horn also always seems to hit for deep orange damage on every part of the monster, good times.

Totally. Chain roars are the only thing that can stunlock you over and over with a huge radius and no diminishing return really. For tremoe/Defense down they need to actually do a slam attack near you. But a lot of them can roar 3 times in the same 30 seconds.

Dragon Piercer, Sharpening, Health Booster/Affinity booster all trigger monsters awareness of them.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Expectations of a hunt can change wildly sometimes. I don't ever do Pugs, but Kirin was pissing me off so I threw up a flare. Got three people with greatswords. Could not imagine a less useful group for such an annoying monster. Still manage to break the horn right before the kill. I wound up carving two horns, getting another for the gold reward on the investigation and the fourth for the break. That turned out far better than i expected. Thanks Japanese PUG group!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tempered Kirin wrecked my group my first attempt, second attempt I went in alone and he was very easy as SnS. Used 3 thunder resist jewels + Ele (L) food along with the thunder mantle and only got carted once. The capping of the resist type really makes most elder tempereds much easier.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Is there a way to cancel some attacks into a block with the lance? I watched some lance kill vids and it looks like they are attacking and immediately in counter block after a hit sometimes, but when i try it it seems delayed.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Hit HR52. Got most of the tempered done by playing Load Screen Hunter to get investigations out of the ancient forest it's definitely break time until new/harder content. Only missing the fully research 15 monsters to get the rainbow pigment =O. Got 89 hours out of the game so it was definitely worth it but I have to assume that the game having much better controls than others in the series led to me blowing through these fights without having to bother messing with gear almost the entire time. In previous iterations I would definitely cart or be forced to upgrade along the way if I wanted to complete progress. I used non upgraded bone armor + anja striker until I got to nerg when I finally farmed zorah set + hammer and then ended with 4 piece odo/dragonking eye/III attack charm + obliterations footfall to finish off the remainder. A year from now I imagine this game is going to be fleshed out pretty solid with all the DLC and further quality of life changes. Pretty excited for then.

Hammer is love. Hammer is life.

Tempered Kirin wrecked my group my first attempt, second attempt I went in alone and he was very easy as SnS. Used 3 thunder resist jewels + Ele (L) food along with the thunder mantle and only got carted once. The capping of the resist type really makes most elder tempereds much easier.

I had him limping/horn broken in the first area he popped with Hammer. The element mantles make all the damage so negligible and kirin is so easy to keep helpless on the ground with hammer.

• 1Like