Monster Hunter: World

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got 89 hours out of the game

How the hell did you accomplish all this shit so quickly. I have 140 hours in the game and just beat the story yesterday. I'm not best at the game, but definitely not the worst. Probably due to the fact this is my first MH game and am fumbling as I'm going but still.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How the hell did you accomplish all this shit so quickly. I have 140 hours in the game and just beat the story yesterday. I'm not best at the game, but definitely not the worst. Probably due to the fact this is my first MH game and am fumbling as I'm going but still.

This is my 3rd game. Most fights take me 5-10 mins tops and I only carted maybe a dozen times in the entirety of play through. Got all of the drops I needed within 2-3 kills after learning not to waste my time in multiplayer. Everything else is so easy now compared to prior that there was never a need to stop for money or items. I've got hundreds of pots/flashpods/traps/bombs etc and like 1.5 million zeny just from letting the upgraded farm/safari/argosy do its thing and completing all the optional stuff.

Edit: Also unintentionally I always captured anything non elder because I wanted tails and hammers can't carve and that led to unlocking most of the quests I would have ended up having to go back for eventually so it was less time spent backtracking there too.

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So there is a Twitch streamer I just saw named CantaPerMe92. Holy shit...

3 different monsters, 3 different weapons, sub 5 min kills each. Gold Crown Farming solo (whatever that means).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

3 different monsters, 3 different weapons, sub 5 min kills each. Gold Crown Farming solo (whatever that means).

Yeah I watch him too. Pretty solid player.

Crowns are for largest and smallest monster size.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Saw the dude I watch just link a 1 minute Nerg kill, the guy I'm watching does Tempered Nerg in 3 minutes using DB which seems good but 1 minute? insane.....

I'm not even close to done at 130 hours in dont feel bad, I still need to do Tempered Nergigante + Kushala. I just only unlocked augmentations last night and only had the currency items to augment the tier 7 or below armor. I havent gotten a single T8 streamstone yet. Just hit HR 57 at 130 hours or so.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saw the dude I watch just link a 1 minute Nerg kill, the guy I'm watching does Tempered Nerg in 3 minutes using DB which seems good but 1 minute? insane.....

I'm not even close to done at 130 hours in dont feel bad, I still need to do Tempered Nergigante + Kushala. I just only unlocked augmentations last night and only had the currency items to augment the tier 7 or below armor. I havent gotten a single T8 streamstone yet. Just hit HR 57 at 130 hours or so.

I haven't even got to Tempered elders yet and I am at about 85 hours or something. But I am happily inching towards everything and getting sets for every weapon that interests me!

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't even got to Tempered elders yet and I am at about 85 hours or something. But I am happily inching towards everything and getting sets for every weapon that interests me!

Whenever the homies are ready I have them all now. Janx Janx Hatorade Hatorade @cyrusreij Saved investigations for each one of them for you guys. Killed all of the tempered elders alone but Nergigante and Black Diablos last night which I cant seem to find yet.

From what I can tell you get a good amount of the T8 armor stones from the elders. Enough where I was able to unlock upgrading everything I use normally in 2 sets. I also got the weapon augment for Bow, HBG, LBG, Lances, and Insect Glaives but none I use yet. They seem semi rare though so you are guaranteed to unlock augmentations pretty much in one sitting with elder tempereds. The fucked up thing is that T6/7 armor upgrades with augmentations go up to 84-85-86 defense which is higher than what the T8's upgrade into. It really opens up the armor combo possibilities for mixed sets in the end game.

I also finally got the rocksteady mantle, its super easy being Vaal Hazak and Odogoran tempered. It will unlock after doing some of the tempered elders. The mantle actually got me killed once with its effects. You don't get any knockback from attacks or anything so you can face tank and mouth breathe easy pushing buttons.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Whenever the homies are ready I have them all now. Janx Janx Hatorade Hatorade @cyrusreij Saved investigations for each one of them for you guys. Killed all of the tempered elders alone but Nergigante and Black Diablos last night which I cant seem to find yet.

From what I can tell you get a good amount of the T8 armor stones from the elders. Enough where I was able to unlock upgrading everything I use normally in 2 sets. I also got the weapon augment for Bow, HBG, LBG, Lances, and Insect Glaives but none I use yet. They seem semi rare though so you are guaranteed to unlock augmentations pretty much in one sitting with elder tempereds. The fucked up thing is that T6/7 armor upgrades with augmentations go up to 84-85-86 defense which is higher than what the T8's upgrade into. It really opens up the armor combo possibilities for mixed sets in the end game.

I also finally got the rocksteady mantle, its super easy being Vaal Hazak and Odogoran tempered. It will unlock after doing some of the tempered elders. The mantle actually got me killed once with its effects. You don't get any knockback from attacks or anything so you can face tank and mouth breathe easy pushing buttons.
I have black diablos.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have black diablos.

Nice dude lets tear them up today. I also got stun immunity 3, felt so good playing with it and rocksteady last night. My defense in my DPS sets is at 460 now unbuffed and it was around 390 a couple of days ago.

And I have the time to help kill them all:) , I will bring the horn if we get a fourth on tonight.

I met some nerds last night who group all of the time, we can steal a fourth from their discord now anytime we need. It really makes a huge difference either doing the monsters alone or with 4 people when they are 15 minute investigations.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nice dude lets tear them up today. I also got stun immunity 3, felt so good playing with it and rocksteady last night. My defense in my DPS sets is at 460 now unbuffed and it was around 390 a couple of days ago.

I met some nerds last night who group all of the time, we can steal a fourth from their discord now anytime we need. It really makes a huge difference either doing the monsters alone or with 4 people when they are 15 minute investigations.

I'll do a few!

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll do a few!

Should do them all after work today, the mantle is super easy to get in like an hour from scratch if you want. Those dragons be dropping wild gems dude, Ill be doing them into the HR100+.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Should do them all after work today, the mantle is super easy to get in like an hour from scratch if you want. Those dragons be dropping wild gems dude, Ill be doing them into the HR100+.

I've had pretty good luck with gems so far. Except Wyvern Gems for some reason. Working on Longsword, SnS, Hunting Horn, Bow and a few others now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had pretty good luck with gems so far. Except Wyvern Gems for some reason. Working on Longsword, SnS, Hunting Horn, Bow and a few others now.

Oh I mean the weapon / armor gems. The elder dragons drop the good T3 ones, finally got the critical ones and stun 3 last night. It was game changing to use stun 3 for the first night.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Goddammit you motherfuckers, I'm dreaming Monster Hunter now.

Kept me up all fucking night LOL!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Did you just buy it? Are you FRESH son? What's your PSN? Also I saw a bunch of Ching Chong characters in our squad session this morning.

Have we been infiltrated!?

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you just buy it? Are you FRESH son? What's your PSN? Also I saw a bunch of Ching Chong characters in our squad session this morning.

Have we been infiltrated!?

I invited a couple of the rang rangs to our session last night that I met pugging and they were inviting more to groups when I logged out at midnight'ish. I have no idea what they are doing but I know they are good players, we communicated through emotes when we grouped. They were doing 7-8 minute tempered elder runs, I wonder if they havent logged out since then lol.

Welcome to the addiction, I lose hours of time in chunks and have no idea wtf happened. Been a long time since a game has done this to me.

• 1Like