Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180306_183643.jpg

Soooo.... yeah. 3rd one. Group I usually play with going nuts screaming how lucky I am.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lucky SOB. Before I had a clue about wtf i was doing I melded the atk gem you get from the story, havent got one since /facepalm
Well that explains the only one I have. That said getting to 7atk isn't too hard. My pride and joy is the sharp gem that gives the odogorn 4pc in a single gem. Currently running 7atk 3we 3sharpness and like 1pp 1might sharp and 3stun resist (stun immune ftw amirite Korrupt?)

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Using 3rd option in Elder Melded has yielded me every Gem I have that's good thank God for that little person!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Using 3rd option in Elder Melded has yielded me every Gem I have that's good thank God for that little person!

If you weren't using the PS save scum tactic then you are beyond lucky to get the attack gem or any specific rarity 7/8 with how the deco system works. For a normal person working the system not using save method they will need to meld thousands of gems. It's pretty dumb.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you weren't using the PS save scum tactic then you are beyond lucky to get the attack gem or any specific rarity 7/8 with how the deco system works. For a normal person working the system not using save method they will need to meld thousands of gems. It's pretty dumb.

I thought it was all predetermined, as in save scumming does not work.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I thought it was all predetermined, as in save scumming does not work.
Might be but theres ways around it. Can advance the rotation by doing a quest etc.. so you can still hunt for the item you want. I thought about doing it then realized I dont have time for all that shit saving/restoring etc.. just for a damn gem.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Anybody have some pro-tips for Diablos using hammer? I'm getting straight up raped.. I've got a full set of patchwork Lasagna/Odagoron armor, and even farmed up a Frozen Hammer to try and exploit his weakness to ice. Ironically, unless I'm not seeing the ice damage, it seems even less effective than my standard Blazing Hammer since its raw damage is less. The only effective tactic I've gleaned is to stay close to the walls, so when he charges you he has to stop at the wall, at which point you can smack him, as otherwise he runs right by you. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but when he burrow fucks you, there isn't enough time to sheathe your weapon and launch a screamer pod before he's in your face. Is there a way to dodge his burrow attack? I've tried like three fucking times to kill this fucker and now have to go fucking farm herbs/shrooms cause he's run me out of max pots and buffs. Last night I even had him in his lair sleeping, fucked up my trap placement, and he fucking stunlocked and raped me. I now have a dent in my wall from where I threw the controller.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anybody have some pro-tips for Diablos using hammer? I'm getting straight up raped.. I've got a full set of patchwork Lasagna/Odagoron armor, and even farmed up a Frozen Hammer to try and exploit his weakness to ice. Ironically, unless I'm not seeing the ice damage, it seems even less effective than my standard Blazing Hammer since its raw damage is less. The only effective tactic I've gleaned is to stay close to the walls, so when he charges you he has to stop at the wall, at which point you can smack him, as otherwise he runs right by you. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but when he burrow fucks you, there isn't enough time to sheathe your weapon and launch a screamer pod before he's in your face. Is there a way to dodge his burrow attack? I've tried like three fucking times to kill this fucker and now have to go fucking farm herbs/shrooms cause he's run me out of max pots and buffs. Last night I even had him in his lair sleeping, fucked up my trap placement, and he fucking stunlocked and raped me. I now have a dent in my wall from where I threw the controller.

Slow weapons like hammer don't benefit from elemental damage very much. Fast weapons do like SnS, longsword, Duals, Bow, etc. Diablos sucks to fight with the hammer. Use Lance or Bow and wrek his shit. Lance makes it easy because you can just block his burrow attack and keep attacking.

To dodge the burrow attack, sheathe, run away immediately and when you see the dust up from his tunneling Dive away from him and you get that, "superman dive" which is an invincibility frame. But you have to dive away from him to get that. That's how it works.

I'll help you out tonight if you need it. Like 7PM CST.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

One thing that helped me a ton with hammer on him and Nerg was getting evade window up to 3. Seemed to make a huge difference for me, especially on black diablos.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Slow weapons like hammer don't benefit from elemental damage very much. Fast weapons do like SnS, longsword, Duals, Bow, etc. Diablos sucks to fight with the hammer. Use Lance or Bow and wrek his shit. Lance makes it easy because you can just block his burrow attack and keep attacking.

To dodge the burrow attack, sheathe, run away immediately and when you see the dust up from his tunneling Dive away from him and you get that, "superman dive" which is an invincibility frame. But you have to dive away from him to get that. That's how it works.

Screamer pods make it very easy with any weapon.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Yeah, I tried building a bow, but since I had very little experience using it, learning it on the Diablos proved to be... Unwise. Might give the lance a try-- been a hammer bro since the start and haven't spent the time trying out and mastering other weapons. I'm gonna hit you up on your offer of help at some point, but for now killing him solo has become a matter of personal pride. Good to know about the invincible dodge trick-- going to try that later tonight..

P.S: Is it just me or do buffs like armorskin and might pill do almost nothing? Spend a ton of time farming this crap, and don't see either making any difference in dmg output or survivability..

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

Best thing to do is SoS him. People are still farming him for mats and will usually accept story quests as well for boss mat drops. Some mobs are just tough for certain classes. Gear wise, I mentioned this a few times already, get a Stun Resist 3 (Charms/Deco) which will make you Stun Immune and throw on some Vitality Gear/Deocs. Stun Immune + extra health = Diablos is not too bad. Now Tempered Diablos...ugh...that you just need to "Git Gud" as a non-tanky build.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I tried building a bow, but since I had very little experience using it, learning it on the Diablos proved to be... Unwise. Might give the lance a try-- been a hammer bro since the start and haven't spent the time trying out and mastering other weapons. I'm gonna hit you up on your offer of help at some point, but for now killing him solo has become a matter of personal pride. Good to know about the invincible dodge trick-- going to try that later tonight..

P.S: Is it just me or do buffs like armorskin and might pill do almost nothing? Spend a ton of time farming this crap, and don't see either making any difference in dmg output or survivability..

Think of this as min-maxing. You don't need it but it does help some. I don't use armorskin and stuff a lot. Later on demondrugs and stuff is more useful.

I am full on hammerbro but I do diversify for various things. For both variety, ease, and fun. The Palico should distract him a lot and let you get some good hits in too. Remember when he gets up top and not in the cave area just slide around and destroy him.