Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was struggling with Tempered Elder 15m quests until I learned to use what they're weakest too. I guess I was too new / bad at the game. Now though at HR99 I average about 8-10 minutes for any elder using Sword and Shield which isnt that great of DPS.

I have the Legia bow for Ice, the Diablos Shatterer II for hammer. I'll make the Master Bang SnS and then the Anjanath something or other.

As I do like my variety.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
RIGHT! I was getting my ass handed to me by pussy ass monsters and thinking when did this game get so hard...
Azure rath is by far the worst. Then I saw a vid of a guy beating him in 5mins with hammer and realized I am not yet Neo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Is Bazelgause some sort of sick joke from the developer? Almost out of dung pellets because of him. Guy interrupts everything and seems to be everywhere except when doing a quest that you need to capture/hunt him in a short time span.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
To be fair..its capcom. Even non SOS playing with my son I get booted from his session on occasion.

For sure. When I was big into fighting games and dealing with their online play it was always pretty bad.
Is Bazelgause some sort of sick joke from the developer? Almost out of dung pellets because of him. Guy interrupts everything and seems to be everywhere except when doing a quest that you need to capture/hunt him in a short time span.

I just ignore him at this point and let it do it's thing. He usually provides a knockdown for me to do more DPS and if it isn't tempered doesn't do enough damage to me to worry.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

You'll notice as you start to do more Investigations (and Optionals) that there is a 98%+ chance that they are all scripted to have another monster join the fray based on certain triggers (mob health, location). The ones that really bother me are the 3 ways that happen as you really can't jump in that mess and have to use dung pods or wait it out which is zero fun after the novelty quickly wears off.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Beetlejuice always shows up at the wrong fucking time. I can't how any times I'm either fighting rathalos or a diablo then suddenly his theme music starts playing and he kamikaze the hell out of everything. Really fucking annoying. Funny thing is I have yet to kill him.

Also does anyone know if higher HR actually makes a difference in this game? Is it almost like considered a level in rpg term? I recently hit a brick wall with fire musafa. I got the quest to kill him and he's ripping me a new one. Only way I did the quest was to SoS. I'm guessing either my HR ranks is too low (still 14 for some damn reason) or I need to get better gear. I currently have rathalos alpha 3 piece, the dragon eye patch and I can't remember the other pieces. They are better quality than the rathalos tho. My bows are or almost maxed out with the exception of the ice one. So what's a good set to deal with elders? I can't imagine the damage tempers do.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Beetlejuice always shows up at the wrong fucking time. I can't how any times I'm either fighting rathalos or a diablo then suddenly his theme music starts playing and he kamikaze the hell out of everything. Really fucking annoying. Funny thing is I have yet to kill him.

Also does anyone know if higher HR actually makes a difference in this game? Is it almost like considered a level in rpg term? I recently hit a brick wall with fire musafa. I got the quest to kill him and he's ripping me a new one. Only way I did the quest was to SoS. I'm guessing either my HR ranks is too low (still 14 for some damn reason) or I need to get better gear. I currently have rathalos alpha 3 piece, the dragon eye patch and I can't remember the other pieces. They are better quality than the rathalos tho. My bows are or almost maxed out with the exception of the ice one. So what's a good set to deal with elders? I can't imagine the damage tempers do.

Rank means nothing aside from playtime once you've unlocked all the quests. Your growth is skill and gear based only.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180303_191358.jpg

Ok so I am running Diablos HBG for tempered elders farming, augmented with +10% affinity to offset the -20% penalty as much as possible, compared to the 8 attack power augment I think it's the better choice.

For those who know this is a low used weapon in a very niche style of play, but this shit BANGS.

Haven't seen my build online yet:

20180303_193252.jpg

And stats go

20180303_193315.jpg

Trying to see what works best for DPS bow gun customization wise - was running 1 shield, recoil, reload.

Thoughts or advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So doing the HZD Aloy armor set quest. Just need an anjanath gem. Having no luck. Is there a trick to getting them to drop? Doing the proving ground event quest over and over. Sometimes popping vouchers for extra rewards. Bastards tough (I’m HR11)

Also, as a hammer bro should I prioritize weakness exploit or slugger? Currently have slugger rank 3 but could swap it to WE2 Slugger 1. Using the diablos 2 hammer currently at -22% affinity

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
CAPCOM | Monster Hunter: World Ships 7.5 Million Units!
Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One*1 has shipped 7.5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales). A PC version is to be released at a later date.

The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. The series has sparked a social phenomenon known as the "Monster Hunter Craze" by introducing a new kind of communication style for players through cooperative play focused on hunting monsters with their friends. Since the first Monster Hunter title made its debut 14 years ago in 2004, the series has attracted a dedicated fan base, and overall grown into a mega-hit with cumulative sales of more than 48 million units worldwide as of March 5, 2018.

Monster Hunter: World is the latest entry in the series, and the first new Monster Hunter title for home consoles in nine years. It is also the first title in the series to be given a global simultaneous launch, and was given an ambitious worldwide promotional campaign in order to further build upon its fan base both in Japan and in markets overseas. As a result, Monster Hunter: World has overcome both linguistic and cultural barriers to delight approximately 7 million players worldwide, and has shipped 7.5 million units, making it the best-selling title in company history.

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
My setup right now is really good on my LS build but man, hard to give up the two high rank slots on Xeno sword for a higher damage longsword ;( Lord I wish I could fit my earplug gems in but FFS them being rank 3 gems.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

If you think Beetlejuice is bad, Deviljho joins the fray him and the bottomless stomach. Can't wait to see what they do with him in this one.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

They really need to tone down his chance to show up by about 75%. I mean, if he showed up once every four or five fights it would feel ok. As is, he shows up in every expedition and optional single monster hunt quest and it just feels tedious instead of interesting.