Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit friendly fire is a thing? Jesus Christopher on a unicycle... that NEVER ends well for me... ever.

Yes and no. You cannot damage team mates, however your swings can knock people up/down depending on the weapon, which can then get the person hit by the monster, or just mess up the flow of their combo. Generally if you are in a hunt with people using a certain weapon, one would generally expect to get knocked around anyhow. I tend to main Switch Axe, and I send people flying all the time :D

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Hunts - assuming like the old games - give you 3 KO's before the quest fails. One person can die 3 times and use all the revives. The monster's get sufficiently dangerous that it is easy to get yourself fucked up. Although this won't have the G-Rank (Monsters hit harder, have more specialized damaged absorption numbers on their hitbox, move faster (less time to read the telegraphs), and often new attacks.) Don't be afraid to solo hunt, some of the best gaming to be had. When the AI is all on you, its super intense to learn how to evade and open up. Best thing is that it is different for all the weapons. One of them will win your love.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the souls games, no matter how hard I try to branch out I always end up with a big two handed sword. Ludwig's in Bloodborne, Black Knight two handed in dark souls 3. Same for AC Origins. Only time I didn't, was in Nioh, because dual swords and that sick as hell spin move could not be beat. So I will probably end up with a two handed here too

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, but there are multiple two handed weapons. They are not the same at all. One thing you shouldn't do in MH, don't miss out trying all the weapons when you're early in the game on the first quests. If you have any curiosity at all, hunt once. You will know. Its a lot harder to change weapons in high rank quests from my personal experience. There are some complex weapons with insane move links, and others that are simple. They are all over the map, but one thing is certain you can master them in a way few games let you experience in a PvE setting. I spend stupid amount of hours in PvP titles, Monster Hunter is literally the only PvE game that can make me sink hundreds of hours trying to slay some bitch ass gold dragon in a fucking single room. The only titles I own on my N3DS.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It does, which is also included with the Beta demo. Also if you clear all the quests in the beta, it will transfer some rewards over to the main game. Most likely large amounts of mega potions, honey, and other miscellaneous stuff like they normally do when you first start the games.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd love to play this game but not sure how it will work being in Japan. Can I play with you guys in a Japan version? Can I play out of Japan on an American version? Are they being released at the same time? Will the Japanese version have English? Who knows!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
You can play with everyone else on the PS4 version. PS4 is the only version Japan will be getting and there is no region lock, only console lock (PC/PS4/XBox cannot cross play). There are filters in game to display servers that have a preferred language if you wish, or you can just go wherever.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One year PS+ membership is currently $40 on Amazon (usually $60) btw everyone!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can play with everyone else on the PS4 version. PS4 is the only version Japan will be getting and there is no region lock, only console lock (PC/PS4/XBox cannot cross play). There are filters in game to display servers that have a preferred language if you wish, or you can just go wherever.

Sweet. I'm guessing the PC version is coming out well after the PS4 version?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So torn between which weapon to start with. Thinking long sword or switch axe. Kind of leaning towards switch axe due to complications with the long sword and its heavy use of horizontal attacks and its ability to trip team mates.

Shit just watched a hammer vid and it looks pretty bad ass too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Insect glaive looks the most interesting to me, closely followed by charge blade and switch axe, but I'll definitely check out all the technical weapons and then the rest if I have time.

Beta preload is supposed to be up sometime on Friday.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Long Sword is a blast, the new moves I have seen look like they add even more to the fun. Don't let the tripping thing bother you. I have spent a stupid amount of hours on that dumb weapon. It has a lot of opportunity for real finesse, and its a great tail chopper too. I am going to play charge blade this time around from the start though. But PC release, I will wait for you.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There a good weapons rundown video? Just a quick description of each type and what style it lends itself to. I have never played these due to being on children handhelds but I’m down for some ps4, have always wanted to try it out.