Monster Hunter: World

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I hope he puts out a MH:W for Dummies video at release, lol.

I think the plan is to PC it up. The game is really incredibly straight forward with depth coming mostly in the form of your combat prowess. And it looks like a ton of ambiguous things have been streamlined to add to the “go kill a big ass monster” experience.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This is a 13 minute piece, guys played 10 hours. If you're a casual possible interested I think this will give you more positive reinforcement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the plan is to PC it up. The game is really incredibly straight forward with depth coming mostly in the form of your combat prowess. And it looks like a ton of ambiguous things have been streamlined to add to the “go kill a big ass monster” experience.

When is the PC version released as opposed to the PS4 version again?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
PC is not even in development until after the release of the console version according to the devs. Early estimates are possibly Summer 2018.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PC is not even in development until after the release of the console version according to the devs. Early estimates are possibly Summer 2018.

Ungh. I really don't want to buy PS+ but sometime sacrifices must be made!

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

PS+ has great value for me. Most months the games for it are not that good, but over a year you more than make up for it with actual good titles too (though usually a year+ after release for good titles). Until Dawn, Borderlands (tell tale), Infamous have all been in the last few months and all of them cost more than a year worth of PS+ when they first launched. If you have PS VR, you usually get a title per month too for playing around with. This month you get the Until Dawn VR title in Europe.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You just missed a $40 deal for a year of PS+ at Amazon and Gamestop, so I'd keep an eye out around BF/CM to see if it comes back.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

Trust me, I'm with you. I won a PS4 in a contest years ago and I have maybe 20 hours on it total, the original hard drive actually died... even though I never used it (since been replaced). Thing is, this is a quantum leap for Monster Hunter, and as much as I would love to PC Master Race this, I can't be 6 months behind the rest of the world. I have about 200 hours each in 3U, 4U, and Generations. The only games that I have more play time in are EQ/WoW/DotA2; Sony gets the money from me for PS+ for a console I literally never use, just because of this game.

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm super pumped for this. I tried the PSP one and was reminded pretty instantly that I hate hand helds and couldn't stick with it. Now that it is back on a traditional console, I'm super excited to jump in.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If the PC version is really going to be that far behind I’ll just go ahead and PS4 it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd probably get the PS4 version even if they came out on the same day. 99% chance I'd play it with a DS4 either way.

I tried to pre-order it on Amazon today and they have it listed as currently unavailable for some reason.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll be buying a PS4 for the release of this game. Like others I'd prefer to PC Master Race it, but considering no time-line is available for PC release, I don't want to be behind :). I'm very excited for this, I have sank a ton of hours into the franchise.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
your gonna be behind anyway, the only MH game that lets you cross save is Frontier(first MMO).

servers are probably gonna be seperate from PC/PS4/XBxxxX

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll probably skip the PS4 version, I still have a normal PS4 with a HDD cause I can't be bothered spending money on a console I only use a couple of weeks a year or so, but that makes playing games a pain in the ass with the godawful loadings, so I'll just wait for the PC version even if it's a while later, it'll be worth it.