Monster Hunter: World

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've always admired the series but never played it because I just didn't own the consoles it was on but god damn I'm actually hype for this

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably skip the PS4 version, I still have a normal PS4 with a HDD cause I can't be bothered spending money on a console I only use a couple of weeks a year or so, but that makes playing games a pain in the ass with the godawful loadings, so I'll just wait for the PC version even if it's a while later, it'll be worth it.

While I wont upgrade my PS4, it isn't that big a deal. I got some bundle early this year and typical 500GB PS4 has been fine for everything else.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
The PS4 Pro has different "modes" for Monster Hunter World. 4K, Balance towards graphics, and Balance towards performance. Most if not all of the demos so far have been on PS4 Pros, that said, my PS4 was free (minus a hard drive) and I sure as hell am not dropping however much for another one just to play this. Also I don't even have a 4K TV so there really is no point :p

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd love to roll with y'all too. But I granny these kinds of games and really take my time (I am slow as fuck all). And while I do eventually master fights, I think it takes me a few more tries than most to catch on. And this is my first monster hunter no less.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to roll with y'all too. But I granny these kinds of games and really take my time (I am slow as fuck all). And while I do eventually master fights, I think it takes me a few more tries than most to catch on. And this is my first monster hunter no less.

We aren't called Team Fuckup for no reason. Ask Utnayan Utnayan or read the Divinity thread about our 4 man coop game we've been playing. lol.

You'll fit in just fine!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok cool. I may split time then for sure. I have a group with me, my 11 year old son, and my adult nephew. My son is still enamored with hearing his own voice, and my nephew is great to play with but is very... casual, so yeah I'm sure I'll want to roll with a higher (relative term here) skill set for sure. But yeah Warframe already has caused screaming matches between me and the son, because he's get to yellow, then get to green as quickly as possible, and I trot along looking under every nook and cranny to get mats and credits. I just have never been a "go go go go" kind of player.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t imagine anything going wrong playing with your 11 year old and a drunk utnayan / team fuck up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Well fortunately this game has 50 man squads (guilds) available, so it should be trivial to make a FoH one for all the forum bros. Also the hubs now hold 16 people instead of just 4, so we should be able to have a lot of us in a room at a time.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok cool. I may split time then for sure. I have a group with me, my 11 year old son, and my adult nephew. My son is still enamored with hearing his own voice, and my nephew is great to play with but is very... casual, so yeah I'm sure I'll want to roll with a higher (relative term here) skill set for sure. But yeah Warframe already has caused screaming matches between me and the son, because he's get to yellow, then get to green as quickly as possible, and I trot along looking under every nook and cranny to get mats and credits. I just have never been a "go go go go" kind of player.

We do like to have pre-committed times during the week to play. Obviously this is way out but generally just a few hours during the weeknight. So we can adult around it.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that will be doable for sure. After 10 years in the dark with no internet outside of mobile, January is going to be insane as we get our 1 gig fiber from the electric cooperative. Gonna be awesome that I can finally play multiplayer

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that will be doable for sure. After 10 years in the dark with no internet outside of mobile, January is going to be insane as we get our 1 gig fiber from the electric cooperative. Gonna be awesome that I can finally play multiplayer

Jesus fuck. Do you live in remote Alaska or something?

• 1Worf

Nija

<Silver Donator>
@Pyros if you have a PS4 with a bad HDD you can get any $50 laptop drive. It's an amazingly easy install.

It boggles the mind that you guys have PS4s and haven't played Bloodborne or Uncharted yet. Hell, if I didn't have everything digitally I could send care package to you idiots to get you started.

Seriously. Black Friday starts this Friday on PS+. Get Bloodborne and @ me about it later.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot wait to team up with you fuckers and accidentally team kill you with dual blades because I have never co-oped a MH game before.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I cannot wait to team up with you fuckers and accidentally team kill you with dual blades because I have never co-oped a MH game before.

Yes. To be fair to TFU all of our team deaths so far in Divinity have been legitimate, although retarded, mistakes. Not limited to multiple triggering of traps. Buffing enemies, accidentally firebombing party members, healing enemies by mistake... and so on.

• 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus fuck. Do you live in remote Alaska or something?

You would fucking think so... no I live in Tennessee... exactly 45 minutes from Bridgestone Arena where the CMAs were held last week. I'm 3 miles outside a small town's city limits... AT&T is the devil on so many fronts and they were finally able to not win a battle trying to block anyone from serving an area they refuse to serve themselves.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes. To be fair to TFU all of our team deaths so far in Divinity have been legitimate, although retarded, mistakes. Not limited to multiple triggering of traps. Buffing enemies, accidentally firebombing party members, healing enemies by mistake... and so on.

Don't forget the first mistake of all that started them all. When we were about to win a tough fight and I hasted the NPC instead of @persiansoap and the NPC laid us all out.

Yep.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh shit friendly fire is a thing? Jesus Christopher on a unicycle... that NEVER ends well for me... ever.

• 1Worf