Monster Hunter: World

Fedor

<Banned>

DYPpiO7XcAAWeYi.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So it looks like overall they buffed everything aside from LBG/HBG/Bow. Seems weird since all the weapons are solid already and nothing is getting a difficulty ramp up.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
But muh decimator claws.... Guess they're going to the scrap heap. Haven't played in a few weeks because I've been pretty busy, but will definitely jump back in to hunt something new.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will be returning for my boy Deviljho.

You still on a fucked up schedule?

Lets plan on next Friday grouping back up? Maybe we can set a time like 8pm EST? Ill try to make a Discord channel for grouping for shit with Janx Janx and @Chysamere if the'yre interested that way we have a place to see if people are interested in our own Discord channel. We can set it open for anyone to invite.

@a_skeleton_00 did we raid in FFXIV or something together? your name sounds so familiar

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm working overnight M-F until I train my replacement, who doesn't start for two weeks. I won't be on a like 1-9 EST schedule until beginning of May. I am going to Disney with the girlfriend and family on Saturday as well. I will be free all day Sunday though, can definitely play then.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
You still on a fucked up schedule?

Lets plan on next Friday grouping back up? Maybe we can set a time like 8pm EST? Ill try to make a Discord channel for grouping for shit with Janx Janx and @Chysamere if the'yre interested that way we have a place to see if people are interested in our own Discord channel. We can set it open for anyone to invite.

@a_skeleton_00 did we raid in FFXIV or something together? your name sounds so familiar
You know I'm there. Longsword changes sound sexy as hell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Tried insect glaive for the very first time and I killed Negrigante on my first attempt. It's a pretty fun spec to play. Anyone can recommend a good build? Think I'm gonna start playing this as my 2nd build.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
italica posted this build a few days ago, says the earplugs are great for when you’re vaulting, and not getting interrupted. I don’t have the earplug deco yet so while I built the items, I haven’t tried it out yet.

8797AA58-EC6A-4C06-B611-2E682C295722.jpeg

Edit: I am just HR 43 so I don’t have the decorations to really customize a build. I’m currently using Nerg 3 pc, eyepatch and Odogaron gloves, with Catastrophy’s Light.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
italica posted this build a few days ago, says the earplugs are great for when you’re vaulting, and not getting interrupted. I don’t have the earplug deco yet so while I built the items, I haven’t tried it out yet.

View attachment 163008

Edit: I am just HR 43 so I don’t have the decorations to really customize a build. I’m currently using Nerg 3 pc, eyepatch and Odogaron gloves, with Catastrophy’s Light.
Problem with earplug deco is that they're rank 3 gems ;( I have quite a few but not sure wtf I'd do with them in a build because of that.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any tips for negrigante once he’s skulled? Got him there 4 times last night but carted out repeatedly. He destroyed me in his lair.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a tip above about doing the superman to avoid his basically 1-hit KO dive. Otherwise, the "easiest" way is to grab one of the shield based weapons and just block/counter your way to victory. Works on just about everything, just generally not quickly (charge blade not included!) If you want to make it even easier, farm up 3 piece uragaan and wear a Guard charm at like rank 2. You can literally just stand in one spot and beat on him, then just block all his attacks, including the dive.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Honestly in my opinion that’s not even the easiest way. Someone mentioned it previously but if you just grab some crystal burst and throw it at him as he limps away he will get mad and immediately turn around and fight you again. It’s just a matter of throwing it at him. Pick it up once on the way to start the fight and it should be plenty to kill him without even going back to the lair where he goes beast mode.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
You can take 2 Large Barrel Bombs and set those down on his face when he’s sleeping, blow those up for some free damage. Use your flash pods after he dives and just beat the shit out of him.

I try to save my vitality mantle for when he’s moved into his lair. I was able to do this with the Kadachi II pillar Insect Glaive (T6) and upgraded Odogaron set. I think the armor pieces had 62 armor a piece when I was doing this.

Also I don’t engage him when he’s near the spikes falling from ceiling. I use a lot of flash pods on this fight. Before I got a top tier weapon, I was stopping back by camp to pick up more pods when he was skulled.

Edit: Sarrow’s tip sounds good too, hadn’t thought of that.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The crystal throwing and flash pods got me over the top. Thanks! Huge relief to beat him. On to farming monsters for the new tier of stuff that opened up. Finally seeing the names of armor that some of you recommend. Was able to buy the dragon king eyepatch or whatever right off the bat.