Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Therage

Vyemm Raider
What'e your guys psn I'll add you too. Fuck tempered kirin. Actually ran the timer out last night but can't down it. Fuck!

BTW it always shows me offline but I usually join the squad when I'm online. Begaro is the name and psn.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Need some bros for arena this weekend. Really want divine slasher. Brewchop on PSN Therage, think its under my prof pic too.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Why am I not getting Hasten Recovery here? I’ve got the mail, vambraces and coil equipped.

Trying to make a set to defeat Kirin in. Dindu just wipes the floor with me on normal mode so I figure I need to make a set to beat him there, and for sure on Tempered mode.

My thought was the thunder resistance from Uragaan set, helm and greaves give me TR 3, then add 3 pc nerg. Doesn’t seem to be working though?

And yea, I know, TV old as fuck.

F1B5B34C-F367-4639-8A2B-AAD114B2728C.jpeg

Edit: well actually I think I’m going to run 3 pieces of Xeno gear instead with thunder res gems. So 30ish thunder resistance with thunder resistance 3 from gear, hopefully this’ll make a difference.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I didnt run with any specific resists for Kirin. Although if you havent done hte optional quests up to the point you get the Thunder Mantle I HIGHLY recommend doing that. Thunder Mantle + VIt mantle will go a long way. Outside that dont be in a rush. Put a sleep weapon on your palico if you have that and bomb Kirins face when he gets snoozed. I used my palico to bait the localized lightning attacks then I'd run in get a few hits off and run out. Rinse and repeat.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why am I not getting Hasten Recovery here? I’ve got the mail, vambraces and coil equipped.

Trying to make a set to defeat Kirin in. Dindu just wipes the floor with me on normal mode so I figure I need to make a set to beat him there, and for sure on Tempered mode.

My thought was the thunder resistance from Uragaan set, helm and greaves give me TR 3, then add 3 pc nerg. Doesn’t seem to be working though?

And yea, I know, TV old as fuck.

View attachment 163111

Edit: well actually I think I’m going to run 3 pieces of Xeno gear instead with thunder res gems. So 30ish thunder resistance with thunder resistance 3 from gear, hopefully this’ll make a difference.

It is you just have the one piece of armor selected on the left so it isn't showing you the full set.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Add me and I'll farm it with you no man should have to so azure rathalos alone with those setups lol
What's your PSN so I can add you. I made the final Nergigante sword so I'll use that until I get the Divine Slasher.

What'e your guys psn I'll add you too. Fuck tempered kirin. Actually ran the timer out last night but can't down it. Fuck!

BTW it always shows me offline but I usually join the squad when I'm online. Begaro is the name and psn.
My PSN is Cryptin.

Need some bros for arena this weekend. Really want divine slasher. Brewchop on PSN Therage, think its under my prof pic too.
I'll add you. I need one too.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
It is you just have the one piece of armor selected on the left so it isn't showing you the full set.

And that would account for not seeing Hasten Recovery on the right, as well?

I was able to beat the normal Kirin with the Thunder Resistance 3 from Urgaan and the 3 pieces of Xeno gear, with thunder gems in there. I also wore a Defense Charm III instead of attack charm, and swapped out my Kinsect to heal instead of blast. About as defensive as I could get, heh. Anyhow, I will definitely do my optional quests to unlock the Thunderproof Mantle before I try doing Kirin on Tempered mode. Thanks for the tip, Janx, and for the reply, Hator.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Nola I am DUDEISNOJOKE I've offered to group a few times i believe, whenever you need help just shoot a msg
Ah ok. I remember that day but I was experiencing constant disconnects for some reasons. I'll be on this weekend though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a trick I'm missing on Xenojiva? Fight seems to take 20-30 minutes with a hammer and it's not hard but just tedious. Was hoping to farm some mats with the event on it but between the fight and annoying music it just isn't fun.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thanks @a_skeleton_00 for the assist in getting the Divine Slasher! Most fun I've had in MHW in awhile. Just so much better with a full group.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is there a trick I'm missing on Xenojiva? Fight seems to take 20-30 minutes with a hammer and it's not hard but just tedious. Was hoping to farm some mats with the event on it but between the fight and annoying music it just isn't fun.
If you're on now add Brewchop (if PSN) and I'll help chop him down. Throwing up an SOS and letting some Japanese players down him in like 3 mins is also an option =P

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks but sadly on xb1 due to friend I duo with only having that system. I don't even think the game got released on xb1 outside America/EU. SOS flares have not been kind to me on Xb live so I've just done everything solo or duo when my buddy is on.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Thanks but sadly on xb1 due to friend I duo with only having that system. I don't even think the game got released on xb1 outside America/EU. SOS flares have not been kind to me on Xb live so I've just done everything solo or duo when my buddy is on.
There are several opportunities for environmental damage on that fight. The video below has 4 from the first area, but I believe there's some in the 2nd area too.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
On the part of the story where I just killed nergigante and have Dober chest, dragon eyepatch, the rest nergigante armor. Feel like I have a decent armor set now, but the question is, what do I do to get decorations for my slots? Is it just double rng to get them to drop at all and then hope they are decent skills? I seem to have acquired a handful of them (mostly resist gems and other not so great stuff) but mostly from the triple mob event from last week.

Last edited:

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tempered investigations, which unlock after level 29, have bonus rewards that are guaranteed to be either a decoration or a streamstone (its like 95% decorations) so that's how you farm those. But yea its just crazy RNG on what you get. I've been looking for attack jewels to finish my set, zero drops or melds in 200+ hours played. yay stupid rare shit.