Monster Hunter: World

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did you get a follow on quest after killing Xeno'jiva? I got a quest to kill 2 of those tempered bomb dropping mofos at once. A story quest that is.

Nope, I believe I saw that it was HR 29 you get a followup quest and then HR 49.

Yeah. The hornetaurs are really not conducive to that strategy. Poisoning saved so much time. For Vespoid there's the redpit right next to a clutch of them so that's fine.

Thats weird, using dual blades and I was able to carve most of the hornetaurs, not 100%, but I'd say 75% of the time I could.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you get a follow on quest after killing Xeno'jiva? I got a quest to kill 2 of those tempered bomb dropping mofos at once. A story quest that is.

Thanks for invite, what are the guild cards you and Janx Janx sent me?

Also does anyone know what the bone at the top of the ingredient window for the last 2 pukei pukei tree weapons are? I couldn't find anything with google and thinking its because maybe its too new. (Solved - its Coral Crystal for tier 2, Monster Bone+ for tier 3)

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for invite, what are the guild cards you and Janx Janx sent me?

Also does anyone know what the bone at the top of the ingredient window for the last 2 pukei pukei tree weapons are? I couldn't find anything with google and thinking its because maybe its too new. (Solved - its Coral Crystal for tier 2, Monster Bone+ for tier 3)
Has all our hunter info + allows our Palicos to show up in your games to help out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got my Longsword, Sword and Shield, Bow and Gunlance up to good upgrade levels. Now I can switch it up with ease! ONWARD.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I love turf wars. Its like I'm in a Godzilla vs The Monsters movie. Sometimes I just wade into that shit and go nuts too, which is pretty fun if a little strategically stupid. Just opened up Rotten Vale and that zone is super impressive visually. Those rolling bone monsters are like a Dark Souls Lite boss so I can manhandle them, which is pretty fun.

Still suck at using the Stinger. I can't get the range right and I've never used it to do one of those sneaky "drop rocks on the monster" attacks. Oh well.

So far the only monster I've had any issues with is Rathos, but that was because I was just totally unprepared to run into him and wasn't wearning my FR gear. Tonight the tables shall be turned.

This is one of those games where the more I play the more I like it. Which is kind of unusual for me since I get bored of games easily.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Chysamere , is that you rolling with CohhCarnage right now? haha, watching from work

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
If anyone wants to group up and do some 6* or 7* farming tonight around 5:30pm EST let me know. I believe I am finally on the quest to kill Nerg as well if anyone wants to do that.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Killed the rotten vale elder dragon last night. Super easy elder, probably the easiest one I've fought. Made a run at the "final" boss but made some stupid mistakes and didn't get the finish. It was late and just wanted to make a run at him before I crashed so didn't feel too bad. He goes down tonight for sure. I kept twirling on his head when I KNEW he was going to do the ground explosion.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha yep, that was me :)

If you're lucky enough to get my Palico in your game, he will put enemies to sleep to give you a chance to reset the fight, it's super useful

That's so awesome, I fucking love my goddamn cat. I can't wait for my RL buddies tonight to see their pet cats meet their friends with those super secret cat handshakes and then ride their own pet lizards.

Im LF groups tonight ill be in the FoH instance if you post quests. Im on the quest right after high rank Anjanath.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
how do i get into a FOH instance? I am @ end of story, would love to farm stuff with you guys

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fought Nergigante this morning, first run wasn't so good, but got him to his nest. Second run went better, got him to the nest, then got dive bombed with less than 75% health. I run back, put to mega bombs down, shoot them and he dies... was so close the previous attempt, lol. I can't see anyway to avoid taking dmg from that Dive Bomb attack, when I see him rear up to do it, I dodge to the side twice, and see him whoosh by... second later booom I take a hit even though I far away from impact. Annoying.

Would the Nergi weapon be more useful in later fights compared to the max'd Kadachi tree bow? It seems the Diablos tree weapon has the highest attack at rank 7 and 8, so not sure if I should spend materials on that Nergi bow.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TBH if you enjoy the game you will wind up farming all the sets/weapons. I would craft anything that can contribute to you killing more efficiently. At the end of the day if you can dodge and take advantage of openings when they present themselves, it doesn't matter what weapon tree you use as your main.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TBH if you enjoy the game you will wind up farming all the sets/weapons. I would craft anything that can contribute to you killing more efficiently. At the end of the day if you can dodge and take advantage of openings when they present themselves, it doesn't matter what weapon tree you use as your main.

While I agree I do hate managed an inventory full of shit. The inventory is balls. I imagine there is an achievement for crafting everything though and I hope that it counts if you just craft it even if you sell it later.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoy the game a lot, but there are a ton of weapons that are just plain trash compared to others in the same tier. Armor too, there's plenty of crap mods that will never see use and no reason to craft them unless you really like the look of a set.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
While I agree I do hate managed an inventory full of shit. The inventory is balls. I imagine there is an achievement for crafting everything though and I hope that it counts if you just craft it even if you sell it later.

Everything can be saved as a load out, from items to equipment sets. Even saves your radial memus/item bars.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So a ya, insect glaive and me? Not so much. Started over last night with demon blades, feels much better so far.