Monster Hunter: World

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Got up to pink rathian. Got him limping and snoozing 2 times but was so tired I'd half fall asleep and die 3x in a row. Feels bad man. Also failed Kirin after that.

Was having fun just doing SoS flairs for mats most of the night

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got up to pink rathian. Got him limping and snoozing 2 times but was so tired I'd half fall asleep and die 3x in a row. Feels bad man. Also failed Kirin after that.

Was having fun just doing SoS flairs for mats most of the night

SOS flares are fun. It's hilarious how fucking terribad some people are at this game.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
It’s hilarious until about the third sos with the same result of one idiot carting all 3 times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did you get a follow on quest after killing Xeno'jiva? I got a quest to kill 2 of those tempered bomb dropping mofos at once. A story quest that is.

I just hit HR 29 and got that quest.

Also, fuck Nergigante horns. Trying to bomb in an SOS can be a pain. First time the desire sensor is real in this game for me.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the SoS flare thing last night to get my Negi bow and armor. Lots of failures, but I am happy to say that I was the last cart only once. Dive Bomb is too wonky. I think there might be a bug in that if you're team disbands and you end up in a solo instance, the mob keeps its high health. As bow user on Negi, it really sucked needing to get 2 Tails. I loved being able to jump into a group with a couple long sword users.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Can someone please explain how to upgrade the (non-set) powers on armor? For example, I have armor with Fire Resist Level 1. The other levels are greyed out. But the armor itself is at its maxed out level (for my current unlock). Is there some different screen where I can allocate armor+ shards to the powers? Or does this unlock later in the game maybe? I'm confused.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can someone please explain how to upgrade the (non-set) powers on armor? For example, I have armor with Fire Resist Level 1. The other levels are greyed out. But the armor itself is at its maxed out level (for my current unlock). Is there some different screen where I can allocate armor+ shards to the powers? Or does this unlock later in the game maybe? I'm confused.
The Skills on armor are separate from the upgrade level of the armor. If you want to increase the lvl of the Skill, you'll need to get other armor pieces with the same skill, or if the armor has gem slots, add gems which have the same Skill.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I did the SoS flare thing last night to get my Negi bow and armor. Lots of failures, but I am happy to say that I was the last cart only once. Dive Bomb is too wonky. I think there might be a bug in that if you're team disbands and you end up in a solo instance, the mob keeps its high health. As bow user on Negi, it really sucked needing to get 2 Tails. I loved being able to jump into a group with a couple long sword users.
This is by design. They can only flip the mob health switch once between single to multi. Thats why there is also no scaling health between 2 to 4 players, it's the same for all.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just got the Decimation Claws for DB. They'll be my general use weapon unless I'm fighting something tempered with a specific weakness to an element, but dragon is typically good or average against most monsters.

decimation claw.jpg

Gonna work on the ice/blast DB next since ice seems to be the element in which most monsters are weak to or have average resist. Only 2 monsters are immune to ice.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Since we're almost a week into the game what weapon is everyone is using? I haven't had time to play since I been working my ass off. I started off with the greatsword but I been messing around with the charge sword and will probably stick with that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got the Decimation Claws for DB. They'll be my general use weapon unless I'm fighting something tempered with a specific weakness to an element, but dragon is typically good or average against most monsters.

View attachment 160886

Gonna work on the ice/blast DB next since ice seems to be the element in which most monsters are weak to or have average resist. Only 2 monsters are immune to ice.
Have you looked at the Diablos tree weapons? They appear to have the highest base damage of all weapons, with a locked element... which is good since you could use the Non-Elemental gems to buff its dmg even more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since we're almost a week into the game what weapon is everyone is using? I haven't had time to play since I been working my ass off. I started off with the greatsword but I been messing around with the charge sword and will probably stick with that.
Bow main for the GAINS. Think I'll try out Long Sword next.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When does Black Diablos show up as assigned or optional? I see it in Investigations, but I've never actually seen it in the game yet.

Edit: It also doesn't show up as a Preference when using the SoS search.

Last edited:

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Have you looked at the Diablos tree weapons? They appear to have the highest base damage of all weapons, with a locked element... which is good since you could use the Non-Elemental gems to buff its dmg even more.

Yeah that was my goal after the ice and blast DB. I have not looked into the non elemental stuff much or the math yet but it looked appealing.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Remember if you want to join the squad you need to accept the game invite I send you, I can only invite people who are in the same session.

I jumped up to HR37 after doing that quest, didn't get another one yet. I need to farm Teostra anyway.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Started with insect glaive, didn't go so well. Demon Blade now, going better.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started with insect glaive, didn't go so well. Demon Blade now, going better.

I tried to SOS for some HR Anjanath. Yeah don't do that lol. Holy fuck 5 failed SOS later I just gave up. People fainting left and right. Also tripping you constantly. Using the Bow is way more preferable in SOS.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried to SOS for some HR Anjanath. Yeah don't do that lol. Holy fuck 5 failed SOS later I just gave up. People fainting left and right. Also tripping you constantly. Using the Bow is way more preferable in SOS.

Im about to hop online if you want to knock it out today

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats why there is also no scaling health between 2 to 4 players, it's the same for all.
This bit of terrible design makes no sense to me. I think 4 people is too many, I just want to duo shit. But the penalty massively outweighs any benefit if it scales health all the way up regardless of the size of the group. I end up creating private sessions and soloing everything, because the last thing I want is for one random person in my session to decide to hop into my quest.