Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK more than 80 hours into the game and I just found out now (via YouTube) that once you have a monster targeted with your bow it is auto targeted so don't touch your Right Thumb Stick and your arrows will always shoot that spot like the head. I think my DPS just went up by 1000%.

Using default target settings?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's the deal with investigations? Is the number at the end how many times you can do them? Are they just for farming parts basically?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's the deal with investigations? Is the number at the end how many times you can do them? Are they just for farming parts basically?

They offer higher rewards and their parameters are a big RNG. Some are ball crushing 15 minutes but if you can pull it off it gives way more mats than a normal or optional mission. Yes the number is how many times you can do them.

Also really good for getting money are the investigation to kill hornetaur in the Rotting Vale. The bugs are seriously right next to camp and you can complete the quest in 90 seconds for 5k-10k zenny and the mats sell for a lot.

Pair this with farming Might Seeds in the garden + fertilizer while you do 10 bug quests and you can make like 300k or more in 20 minutes.

I've not really tested the bandit mantle yet but it is on my list.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wish i could get the handler to shut the fuck up every time i load back to hq, lol.

After 80 hours what annoys me is the 10 second camera pan after monster defeat and scout flies controlling the camera after you cart/fly back to camp.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Funny I went from hammer to great sword and loving it.
I tried GS and liked it but hated the setup for the slammer. Lord it hits like a planet when it connects though. Tackle is pretty pimp too. But aiming that big hit got annoying.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tried out hammer. Jesus christ its OP sauce.

Finally you see the light. The only thing I dislike about my hammer is that it forces you to just run around in charge mode (but rarely the double charge because the animation is like 3x longer for minimal gain) until you see an opportunity.

I really like using the Lance/SnS and just being up in a monsters grill.

I've been reading that the Magda Flora blast furnace looking hammer is the best. Raw Dmg > Others with it. But IDK. Need to research min maxing more.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I tried GS and liked it but hated the setup for the slammer. Lord it hits like a planet when it connects though. Tackle is pretty pimp too. But aiming that big hit got annoying.

Yeah I like that you can twist around while it is loading up but missing is super frustrating. I have maxed affinity on draw attacks though so I am all about that first vertical slash.

Sliding hammer spin attack is so good though, use it after a power charge for faster spinning.

• 1Solidarity

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Me and Janx Janx duo'd the shit out of him yesterday farming his armor. We kept getting the optional quest and just using each others. Hit me up if you do more of him, I need a ton of the horns.

My only complaint so far is no guild or squad chat in game. You have to be watching for someone posting a quest and then you have to check the board for the quest and person. It would be nice if there was a way to post in our instance LF4 Zorah Raid etc
This actually does exist. Hit options when in town, then hit that middle pad button thing on the controller. Chat ahoy.

Fedor

<Banned>
ba40bhuf6ee01.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I dont mean to parachute in here with questions but a friend is buying this and wants me to as well. I dont have time to read this thread before I am suppose to buy this and play tonight. So I ask for guidance from fellow shit lords.

*I have never played a mOnster hunter game
*I usually hate super "japanese-y games and art styles
*All I really know is I guess in this you hunt monsters and can play 4 player.

Thats as far as I got with him. The last game two games he got me to buy were The Divisions (DUDE ITS A COOL SHOOTER MMO) and Dying Light (ITS A SWEET MELEE ZOMBIE GAME). Both had their merit, Division ended up being good and bad. Dying Light was amazing. So Im thinking of making the plunge because of his track record.

Based on all this, can anyone give me a elevator pitch to the game? Is there a story at all I need to know about or care about? Seems like the gameplay is tight. I see from these last pages there is a main story then seems like a farming type end game? Whats a typical play session like?

The art looks super japanesy - Is it distracting? To explain better, I look at a game like Lost Odyssey, or Aion and just see that asian game dev art style that can be honestly stupid as fuck to look at. I played Guild Wars 2 and that at times was a bit meh, but thata didnt bother me too much. Where does this fall on that scale?

For some random drunk white 30s something guy, is this a game that I can just walk into, understand and sink some time into. I wouldnt mind a grind right now, so much that Ive been looking for some kind of MMO to play on PC, but would be fine finding something on XBone

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I dont mean to parachute in here with questions but a friend is buying this and wants me to as well. I dont have time to read this thread before I am suppose to buy this and play tonight. So I ask for guidance from fellow shit lords.

*I have never played a mOnster hunter game
*I usually hate super "japanese-y games and art styles
*All I really know is I guess in this you hunt monsters and can play 4 player.

Thats as far as I got with him. The last game two games he got me to buy were The Divisions (DUDE ITS A COOL SHOOTER MMO) and Dying Light (ITS A SWEET MELEE ZOMBIE GAME). Both had their merit, Division ended up being good and bad. Dying Light was amazing. So Im thinking of making the plunge because of his track record.

Based on all this, can anyone give me a elevator pitch to the game? Is there a story at all I need to know about or care about? Seems like the gameplay is tight. I see from these last pages there is a main story then seems like a farming type end game? Whats a typical play session like?

The art looks super japanesy - Is it distracting? To explain better, I look at a game like Lost Odyssey, or Aion and just see that asian game dev art style that can be honestly stupid as fuck to look at. I played Guild Wars 2 and that at times was a bit meh, but thata didnt bother me too much. Where does this fall on that scale?

For some random drunk white 30s something guy, is this a game that I can just walk into, understand and sink some time into. I wouldnt mind a grind right now, so much that Ive been looking for some kind of MMO to play on PC, but would be fine finding something on XBone

No important story but you are forced to watch some cutscenes that are relatively short. I would not call the game art Japanesy, but there is a few armor sets that are a little silly. There is absolutely no way you can walk into the game and understand easily without either asking a lot of questions or trial and error. You can easily sink 40+ hours, most likely more, and that is without grinding. With grinding you are most likely to get 100+

A typical mission could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, usually somewhere in the 15-20 minute mark depending on what you're fighting. Sure, it could take 5 or 50 minutes but that isn't the norm.

A typical play session? You say you're going to be done at 10pm and then look at the clock and its 3am and you have to wake up for work in 4 hours.

• 1Like