Monster Hunter: World

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Request sent. :) playing yak 0 tonight though. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You caaaaaaan. But imagine macroing your reloading ^^. Hmm can probably map buttons to key presses and use AHK or something to do it too.
I don't really know how reloading works and why it needs a macro, but Steam controller settings let you do A LOT of stuff without needing a 3rd party.

First, it accepts the DS4 directly so you don't really have to configure shit or install 3rd parties like you used to. Even works on non Steam games as long as Steam is launched.

Then it lets you bind every key the way you want, and change basic behaviour. For example, turbo mode, repeat while held, repeat toggle(press once to start repeating, press again to cancel) this kind of stuff. You can assign combination controls too, like there is in certain games, hold R1 and press face buttons to get different effects and stuff(works better or worse depending on the game and what controls you need obviously, just an example). You can use the touchpad to move a virtual mouse too when it's relevant, regardless of wether the game supports that innately or not. And you can make mini macros, where pressing a key can send several keyboard keys for example to type /commands and what not.

I was pretty surprised when I started using it because it's just very good overall, and I haven't had to use a 3rd party program for my pad in a while.

The only thing it doesn't do that well is making combos of keys with specific delays between them, which might be what reloading several shots needs? You can kinda set it up, but the delay is visualized with a bar instead of a time value, which is a bit fucking weird so you'd need to tweak it a bunch to get the right timing. But it is doable. Making this sort of modifications is a lot easier with AHK or macro programs in certain pads and what not, since you can generally just add a 500ms delay or whatever, see how it goes, then add 100ms every time until you hit the right point, and then you know the exact value to add to further keys(assuming it's regular). On the steam config stuff, you'd need to eyeball the bar to figure out how much more bar to add for all further actions which is a bit shit. Edit: Actually checking it now it seems they added a time popup when you hover the bar, so you can see real values. It's still more annoying to move the bar until you hit the right value rather than just typing it in, but should make it easier.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For Bows/light/heavy bowguns macro's are mainly used for crafting ammo on the fly(just makes things much easier), for everyone else you can macro out crafting recipes for Life Powders/Max Potions/Tranq Bombs, etc etc basically anything you use tons of you can macro it out... MHW does have this ability built in, old habits are hard to ignore..( PS, I don't care for the Steam Controller at all).. The only thing you need a 3rd party app for as far as DualShock4 if you want too use the basic motion control built into the controller..

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bro I plan on going buck wild, im gonna let my hair down with Sword N Shield again even if its sub par dps.

View attachment 169857
1531188432198.png

oh look me too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
The 9th?! So glad I waited to play, I was so fucking close to picking it up last week for the PS4. A month away is a lot sooner than I expected..

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's coming a lot sooner then a lot of people thought heh kinda funny said "fall" coming late summer not complaining it's fucking awesome..

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, Aug 9th and I get to enjoy the game again. A bit sad that it will only be the base game, with none of the added monsters console has gotten. I do hope the PC version ships with all the balance / QoL patches.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yep, Aug 9th and I get to enjoy the game again. A bit sad that it will only be the base game, with none of the added monsters console has gotten. I do hope the PC version ships with all the balance / QoL patches.

I'm guessin some of it might be a bit behind(it depends at what point they "froze" the gold(Release) code, before they started working on the port.) Pretty sure any major QoL things will be implemented pretty fast once release occurs(I am a little miffed though looks like there's no Motion Blur/Depth of Field options right now)

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let’s be real, I am a noob to this game where should I start reading now? And like what is a non gimp weapon apparently sword and board sucks.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Let’s be real, I am a noob to this game where should I start reading now? And like what is a non gimp weapon apparently sword and board sucks.

All weapons are viable all the time, it's all about the user...(some do better then others though) It's all about learning monsters patterns, your movement set's and how too apply them to the mark. There really isn't much "reading" it's more of a learn too play as you go. If you get into groups with assholes, just leave most players will understand if your just starting out, but there are min/max's assholes, as usual.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
No no sword and board is bad fucking ass. Just doesnt have the big #'s/hits other weapons do. If you kinda want both charge blade is really good. I'll probably lance it up or even hunting horn since it has hte built in attack up now.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
No no sword and board is bad fucking ass. Just doesnt have the big #'s/hits other weapons do. If you kinda want both charge blade is really good. I'll probably lance it up or even hunting horn since it has hte built in attack up now.

I learned a ton from Maestro Nox on youtube, his kill times though are 2x what the best are but still very fast considering hes using a sword and shield.

Harfle Harfle imo the fun in the game was the learning, tweaking, gearing, and testing etc like you would in an MMO or even Path of Exile. Its a really deep game and playing with others is rewarding and fun.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I like to play games like this while drunk. Needless to say I only ever finished 1 dark souls game.

What should I play that facilitates my playstyle?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like to play games like this while drunk. Needless to say I only ever finished 1 dark souls game.

lol @finish this game.

But yes, hunts are, or can be, quite short and even the longest are not really more than 45 minutes. GET IN THERE TIGER

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Dude get in a hunt with Jin and a buddy of ours Garzoc. Best drunk hunts ever. Jin will be lit, Garzoc will be smashed and epicness will ensue. If you can get Ut in that group it would be amazeballs just to watch and listen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dude get in a hunt with Jin and a buddy of ours Garzoc. Best drunk hunts ever. Jin will be lit, Garzoc will be smashed and epicness will ensue. If you can get Ut in that group it would be amazeballs just to watch and listen.

Utnayan Utnayan are you considering playing PC lol? SQUARE ONE

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shit just got a discount code for GMG. Time to refund and get the deluxe with the discount.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So what are the odds this port is strong and doesn't have tons of port issues?

• 1Like