Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Flinch Free works wonders just 1 rank stops trips from others in MP.

KO, Stagger, and HP thresholds scale with multiplayer, status effects do not. The best multiplayer strat would be stack 4 of the same type and quad sleep bomb or quad paralyze or whatever you would choose. It's what I did.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Flinch Free works wonders just 1 rank stops trips from others in MP.

KO, Stagger, and HP thresholds scale with multiplayer, status effects do not. The best multiplayer strat would be stack 4 of the same type and quad sleep bomb or quad paralyze or whatever you would choose. It's what I did.
Yeah that makes sense. I think I'm more looking for non-obvious, but easy ways to have my rag tag group of MHW journeymen do to coordinate better without having them make huge changes to their weapons.. Ex: we can cycle flash pods or something. I'm just so new to multiplayer I don't know what tactics are effective.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that makes sense. I think I'm more looking for non-obvious, but easy ways to have my rag tag group of MHW journeymen do to coordinate better without having them make huge changes to their weapons.. Ex: we can cycle flash pods or something. I'm just so new to multiplayer I don't know what tactics are effective.
I don't know if they ever patched it but I saw many complaints about not being able to break shit nearly as easily in multiplayer as you can solo due to various scaling. Basically stuff dies too quick compared to the damage you do to tails/horns which makes it a pain in the ass unless everyone is attacking the same part(but then you need everyone to have flinch free or you're spending the entire time tripping each other). Seems kinda meh.

You can break horns usually by just getting some sleeps in and bombing the fuck of the monster's face, but tail is another story. Might help if people use partbreaker but I'm not sure how much it helps really, I have it on my lance build because it's one of the Uragaan parts I use for 3 set bonus, and I'm not noticing a huge difference compared to my IG, I mean it's only 20% with the 2pt I have, which I guess doesn't make a huge difference.

Btw tempered kushala can suck a bag of dicks. Fucking wind aura shit staggers into airblasts sucks so bad. Apparently the wind resistance shit doesn't even work against him, thinking maybe I should build his set assuming it does help, but I need his fucking gem for the chest to begin with. Kinda sucks how tempered monsters have way less chance to drop gems though. Maybe I should just HBG this fucker.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are quite a few CC options from items, or weapons. Hammers are good at Knocking down mobs, Status weapons can be good for Paralysis / Sleep, and then Traps. Flash pods are best vs. mobs that are flying, since it will knock them down for a few seconds of free dmg, while using them on grounded mob will only make them blind (with an uncanny ability to charge right at you). Example, for non-tempered Teostra, you can continually know him out of the sky when its trying to get to a new area or back to its nest (tempereds become immune after 3, I think). Always look for environmental CC/Dmg too; there are 4 rock pillars in the first Xeno cave that you can use to cause massive dmg to it; couple rock pillars in Vaal's first area too.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Im down for Teostra anytime, have 30+ of every tempered elder dragon with 3-5 rewards and saved some non tempered elder investigations for friends who arent HR50 either. I need both just lmk anytime.

I will be sitting in discord all night...

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yes everyone has to be on point to stagger when grouped, and if everyone has different weapons the way to get there is those that cut go for the tail, those that stagger go for the head, those that are ranged help out those that can stagger. Or go easy mode and all equip rocksteady mantle and cluster bomb.

Where I get a RS mantle?

I'm confused. There a higher tier of monsters than those I am farming now?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Where I get a RS mantle?

I'm confused. There a higher tier of monsters than those I am farming now?

Yes. Tempered Elder Dragons and Arch Tempered Elder Dragons... Tempered stuff in general you probably just started on.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I dont even play this game, but I hate it, because it spams my steam friend playing X game feed.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was from a HR 30 Investigation quest if that matters.

Yeah anything HR30+ will drop them, I was HR100 on PS4 before i got one that I could use on SNS. I got one already for PC, the heal on hit for it is ridiculous as SNS and I would imagine any fast hitting weapon.

Flash Pods - So on PC anything but Tempered Elders can be flashed forever out of the sky. Tempered Elders are limited to 3 total per fight (Theostra, Kushala Daora, Vaal Hazaak, Nergigante, Kirin aka threat level 3). If you're farming normal elder dragons or even HR30 monsters you can flash them also as much as you want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it's tempered anything, not just elders. Kirin is immune to flash in general too.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing other than Tempered Elders and maybe normal Kirin have a hard cap, anyone saying otherwise just hasnt tried and is relying on bad information like I was.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
every monster build's up resistances, some buildup faster then others when the monster "sleeps" resistances are lowered a percentage(some even do a full resistance reset) all depends on how they are setup.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just played with a guy using the hunting horn. It was glorious! I'm going to use it just for the sheer stupidity of the size!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
every monster build's up resistances, some buildup faster then others when the monster "sleeps" resistances are lowered a percentage(some even do a full resistance reset) all depends on how they are setup.

50 flash pods on a single HR30 Rathian was how I tested it on PC, started first with HR13 Palo I did 20 times.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah anything HR30+ will drop them, I was HR100 on PS4 before i got one that I could use on SNS. I got one already for PC, the heal on hit for it is ridiculous as SNS and I would imagine any fast hitting weapon.

Maybe they raised the drop limit? I just got 2 more hero streamstones from one fight right now..a Hammer and another sword.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
50 flash pods on a single HR30 Rathian was how I tested it on PC, started first with HR13 Palo I did 20 times.

On Tempered Pink Rathian I've tried flashing him after like 3-5 attempts and he's been immune. Thought it was resistance building up but I went through the rest of my like 7-8 flash bombs making sure to hit him right. I didn't try going back and loading up on more bugs but this was my experience.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a reason people use might seeds over megademon and might pills? I know might pills only last like 20 or 30 seconds, but mega demon lasts until you cart at least.