Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Patch notes for PC:
The following fixes have been made in regards to the connection issues:

- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline when searching for online sessions.
Also readjusted the matchmaking function to make it easier to find an online session via "Search for an Online Session" > "Matchmake".

- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline after having joined an online session.

- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline while playing multiplayer.
This adjustment reduces the number of occurrences, though it does not completely resolve the issue. We will continue to investigate this matter.

- Fixed an issue where the error message "E_FAIL : hr" would display and the game would crash when switching to full screen mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah we did, just need a few more people for some steady groups of 4.

Ill be back in the mix this Friday for sure, had to put our dog down last week and my chick and I have been a goddamn mess since then. Shit is just starting to get back to normal enough for me to maybe game tomorrow. Janx Janx can hopefully chill some with us too.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Charge Blade + Hit Box + KO question: I'm trying to elevate my charge blade game from taking pot shots at feet and then trying to SAED the center mass of the monster more toward getting a SAED on the head of a monster for KO damage. My SAED is such a huge sweeping attack, it's hard for me to tell what it's actually hitting and whether I'm actually hitting the head.

Ex: If I'm fighting Tzizti and am behind him, if I SAED my axe will swing through its entire body from the tail to the torso and eventually clip through the head. Am I getting KO damage from this? Or does the SAED discharge on his tail, and all those phials aren't triggering on its head and the only way I can KO him is if his head is the first thing I hit?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played all afternoon without a disconnect, or having someone else disconnect during a hunt. Feels good. Almost done with everything, I think; need the Phantom Bird, and reach HR100 (this unlocked the Rocksteady Mantle, right?).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Played all afternoon without a disconnect, or having someone else disconnect during a hunt. Feels good. Almost done with everything, I think; need the Phantom Bird, and reach HR100 (this unlocked the Rocksteady Mantle, right?).
Rocksteady is way earlier (40ish?) just have to kill 5 different T2 (HR30) tempered's i think.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Rocksteady is from doing 3 different tempered elder dragons(kirin for the HR49 quest counts I believe, I got it after killing Teostra and Kushala only). Similarily, killing 5 different T1 and 7 different T2s give Impact and Evasion Mantles.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
20 double diablos/rollie polie arena quests, 2 coins. Excuse me while I draw up this bath with a toaster next to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With silver rewards I always got 1coin of each. Literally took me about an hour to farm the longsword, which is faster than it if required a gem, generally.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I am rank 47. 50 is what I need to unlock tempered? Also I maxxed the gear I am in...wasted a few armor thingys, but shit is so much easier now.

I am finding that rarely can I get a full combo in with Gunlance until roars or stuns. Anyone thing shelling is a better option along with blade damage? I know I am missing a ton of gear though.

Here is my setup. I am killing things faster for the simple fact I pretty much can get full combos in a lot now with the earplugs. The Odogaron gear...somoene explain affinity?

Gemsss.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I am rank 47. 50 is what I need to unlock tempered? Also I maxxed the gear I am in...wasted a few armor thingys, but shit is so much easier now.

I am finding that rarely can I get a full combo in with Gunlance until roars or stuns. Anyone thing shelling is a better option along with blade damage? I know I am missing a ton of gear though.

Here is my setup. I am killing things faster for the simple fact I pretty much can get full combos in a lot now with the earplugs. The Odogaron gear...somoene explain affinity?

View attachment 174123

Affinity=crit chance.

• 1Like

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm

View attachment 174123

FYI

Heavy artillery does not affect your damage. It only affects the cannons and ballistas found in the arena and zorah fights. The decoration you want is called Artillery, but it is very rare (about same as another attack decoration). However, you are already using the charm so you are covered there. Probably best off swapping those out with anything else.

If you enjoy shelling, get ready to farm Kulve Taroth when it comes to PC. It drops Wide4 gunlances that are almost purely shelling. Also note that shelling is only affected by two things: artillery skill and felyne bombardier food buff. It can not crit and attack does nothing. This will become more important later on when those Wide4 lances are available.

• 1Like