Monster Hunter: World

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hahhahahaha! It's all good. Long as we having fun! I already have that mod. Have a look at that screenshot.
Add me on steam. Pretty sure I sent the correct "Brahma" a request but maybe not!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Wish I knew what I was doing with SnS, cause it’s great for healing your buddies. I just don’t know what im doing with the combos. Every time I play it I spend the whole fight healing and trying to do that backstep charge thingy followed up by a shied smash.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Failed 5 times with a HBG and a bow against Kuroush before I left out of town. Coming home tomorrow to hopefully figure out maybe a LBG would best?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Failed 5 times with a HBG and a bow against Kuroush before I left out of town. Coming home tomorrow to hopefully figure out maybe a LBG would best?

Since this is not tempered version. Are you using flashpods to knock him out of the sky? Do you have any decorations to speak of? Ammo usage? etc.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
How hard is GS to pick up? I've always been a hammer user, but in World I branched out to Lance and HBG, and I'd say that Lance has become my new main. I want to try something new for Iceborne and GS looks pretty cool.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Danced with Narcuraga for 50 minutes and timed out. He(she?) wouldn't sit still for my charge blade bombs. Monsters in Iceborne are legit. I can only imagine what a beast they've made Tigrex into.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Danced with Narcuraga for 50 minutes and timed out. He(she?) wouldn't sit still for my charge blade bombs. Monsters in Iceborne are legit. I can only imagine what a beast they've made Tigrex into.

Sorry I dropped off there had to so some stuff. Wait until Nargacuga's tail is like stuck in the ground then SAED if you're using charge blade.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It takes god damn forever to level of the guiding lands. Trying to augment my shit but augments ONLY come from guiding lands and you need to get in someone's lands with level 6 regions or grind up your own.

Which takes a long fucking time... Can't just do tempered investigations like before. Which is lame. Although I do really like the guiding lands as a concept.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It takes god damn forever to level of the guiding lands. Trying to augment my shit but augments ONLY come from guiding lands and you need to get in someone's lands with level 6 regions or grind up your own.

Which takes a long fucking time... Can't just do tempered investigations like before. Which is lame. Although I do really like the guiding lands as a concept.
If we run with full groups it should flow better.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How hard is GS to pick up? I've always been a hammer user, but in World I branched out to Lance and HBG, and I'd say that Lance has become my new main. I want to try something new for Iceborne and GS looks pretty cool.
Very? You really have to know where a monster is going to be to be effective. Watch some tutorials and make the call, it is super satisfying to land the true charge attack or shoulder charge through things that would otherwise cart you.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Heh. Just started using it a couple weeks ago. Lance/Gunlance are my go to weapons. It's very satisfying getting off a 3 big hit combo, but that's rare.

You really need to know the monster your're fighting. Stay behind the monster most fights is my thing. SHOULDER CHARGE! Learn it. Love it. Live it. Take what you can get. Don't get greedy. Always sheathe weapon when you need to move. Remember you can block with GS. Not saying it's going to stop an AT Nerigante divebomb...

I'm doing well with it. Takes a lot of getting used to after lance.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On GS learning, it's very easy until you fight harder shit like arch tempered/some tempered. Just put on rocksteady mantle and dismantle the monster, if it's not something hitting hard enough you'll just fucking shit on it before the mantle is over, just gets harder after that, but even then you can get decent job done just running around waiting for a whiff to punish. If you want to pro greatsword and shoulder tackle through shit though it takes quite a bit more effort and it's kinda hard to play against the actual hard content(arch tempered nergi for example looks fucking annoying). I think the new tools in Iceborne make it easier though since you can cancel charges with the slingshot stuff as long as you have ammo.

Oh and if you get the monster next to a ledge you can just aerial greatsword spam instead, shit's pretty dumb damage even after nerfs.

Still not sure if I should go for my main lance or switch to hunting horn for Iceborne launch. I should probably start farming, pretty much done with my current game so might as well start getting back into the grove.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'll be playing later today.

Golden Rathian is one son of a bitch btw. I need to revise my build just for it.
You coming to PC as well? Kinda stopping playing it on PS4 due to having a small crew on PC already. We got Brahma Brahma The beast lance/gunlance user, Janx Janx Lance and HH, myself Bow/HBG main, SnS noob. Hachima Hachima once he gets going I am sure he will blow shit up too. And ofcourse @a_skeleton_00 the grandmaster.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You coming to PC as well? Kinda stopping playing it on PS4 due to having a small crew on PC already. We got Brahma Brahma The beast lance/gunlance user, Janx Janx Lance and HH, myself Bow/HBG main, SnS noob. Hachima Hachima once he gets going I am sure he will blow shit up too. And ofcourse @a_skeleton_00 the grandmaster.

Hell no to the PC. I am not dumping 500+ hours in the same game on a different platform.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hell no to the PC. I am not dumping 500+ hours in the same game on a different platform.
Was talked about on the last page but it doesn't really take very long to catch up since it's PC gaming, you can just edit everything. Mostly you have to redo the story or find a save with the story cleared, and then spend an hour editing shit back and forth so you're at the same point. The main issue is content being delayed. On the plus side the game loadings are near instant and it looks way better, plus mouse control for some weapon can be really good.