Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you do this exactly?
Stuff like this:
Unmodded Post-Xeno'jiiva Save File Save after clearing Xeno
MHWSaveTransfer tool to import said save properly I think

AsteriskAmpersand/MHW-Save-Editor
Alternatively this should work too, might need the first save, this lets you edit other stuff like HR rank(modify your xp too otherwise you'll still need to grind until you reach your displayed HR), money(to use the next mods) and remake your character

Appearance Editor to remake your char otherwise if you want a tool specifically for it, the previous one is more so you can import a character appearance from 2nd save slot onto your main save slot for example

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/507
or
https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/44
to add every item to the shop

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/712
for KT shit(buy the materials first)

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
TJT my brother it takes about 10 minutes to copy or edit it all over Ill show you how and you can decide if its for you - it 100% is Imho - game was meant for PC and i rarely say that

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Since this is not tempered version. Are you using flashpods to knock him out of the sky? Do you have any decorations to speak of? Ammo usage? etc.

I haven't been much focused on flashpods with the HBG or Bow as that's why I have a ranged weapon right? I didn't move the decoration from my LS to either of them, I suppose i should? Ammo for the HBG is typically general 2 or spread 2, bow is just close range coating.

About to fire it up and give it another shot. I still haven't completed anything past 3* optional quests or barely any investigations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't been much focused on flashpods with the HBG or Bow as that's why I have a ranged weapon right? I didn't move the decoration from my LS to either of them, I suppose i should? Ammo for the HBG is typically general 2 or spread 2, bow is just close range coating.

About to fire it up and give it another shot. I still haven't completed anything past 3* optional quests or barely any investigations.
I don't know for sure about normal but pretty sure all versions work the same way, when Kushala puts up the wind shield shit that knocks you back in melee range, it also deflects all ammo unless you hit the head. That makes it quite annoying, and then when he's flying around he moves a bunch while throwing shit at you, so you do want flash. In general you want flash on every single build you do because they're just really useful for a lot of shit. At the very least even if you don't need them for the hunt itself and you're not playing multi, they're useful to interupt the monster trying to run away at low hp if you know it's moving far. For Kushala though it's useful regardless since you can knock him down the skies which removes his wind shield too, so it's just really good.

Anyway for Kushala the easiest way is with a HBG spamming clusters, that works well for normal and tempered at least(need rocksteady mantle and a decent cluster HBG). You basically just sit down in healing pod with rocksteady and just spam him to death. I think it even works for arch tempered, but it's a lot more risky. It was like 2:30 kills on tempered, just sitting down and spamming the big bombs. Using Spread and hitting the head over and over for knockdowns works well too if you have a good spread HBG(spread 3 with good ammo amount, best is Glutton but if you haven't done KT you wouldn't have it).

He's one of the fairly cunty monsters though, he gets a lot easier when your gear is good because of the chain knockdowns since he has relatively low health but early in the game he's annoying as fuck, although I found it not very dangerous, just annoying. Only a few of his attacks actually do good dmg, but he'll sometimes stay in the air for 2minutes once he has flash immunity(tempered version).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't know for sure about normal but pretty sure all versions work the same way, when Kushala puts up the wind shield shit that knocks you back in melee range, it also deflects all ammo unless you hit the head. That makes it quite annoying, and then when he's flying around he moves a bunch while throwing shit at you, so you do want flash. In general you want flash on every single build you do because they're just really useful for a lot of shit. At the very least even if you don't need them for the hunt itself and you're not playing multi, they're useful to interupt the monster trying to run away at low hp if you know it's moving far. For Kushala though it's useful regardless since you can knock him down the skies which removes his wind shield too, so it's just really good.

Anyway for Kushala the easiest way is with a HBG spamming clusters, that works well for normal and tempered at least(need rocksteady mantle and a decent cluster HBG). You basically just sit down in healing pod with rocksteady and just spam him to death. I think it even works for arch tempered, but it's a lot more risky. It was like 2:30 kills on tempered, just sitting down and spamming the big bombs. Using Spread and hitting the head over and over for knockdowns works well too if you have a good spread HBG(spread 3 with good ammo amount, best is Glutton but if you haven't done KT you wouldn't have it).

He's one of the fairly cunty monsters though, he gets a lot easier when your gear is good because of the chain knockdowns since he has relatively low health but early in the game he's annoying as fuck, although I found it not very dangerous, just annoying. Only a few of his attacks actually do good dmg, but he'll sometimes stay in the air for 2minutes once he has flash immunity(tempered version).

I keep referring to Defender armor/weapons being more of a hindrance in my mind as the Defender HBG can't even use cluster ammo. I think you do the optional and investigations for more crafting mats? Since I haven't had to really do those to advance the story I can't craft anything but a "bone" one up to rarity 5. No idea on the mantle, will just look it up I guess.

Edit: Mantle says I need to be HR50+, I'm like HR13 lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I keep referring to Defender armor/weapons being more of a hindrance in my mind as the Defender HBG can't even use cluster ammo. I think you do the optional and investigations for more crafting mats? Since I haven't had to really do those to advance the story I can't craft anything but a "bone" one up to rarity 5. No idea on the mantle, will just look it up I guess.

Edit: Mantle says I need to be HR50+, I'm like HR13 lol

You get boosted in the story fairly soon. Don't worry about it. Like HR jumps from 13 to 48.

For the low rank if you want to use longsword on kushala you can chain flashpod it out of the sky. Idk what ammo defender hbg can use but Pierce prob your best vs kushala.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The fucking camera angle changing when you clutch claw is the fucking bane of my existence. That shit has killed me so many go damn times.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Going to try Kushala tonight with flashpod and Longsword. My Defender LS is rarity 7 and I have the trinket on it. Just wrecks shit at low level now.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Will the steam store have a 60 dollar bundle for the base game + iceborne? I've just been waiting for the combination before I buy, can' seem to find it listed on the store.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to try Kushala tonight with flashpod and Longsword. My Defender LS is rarity 7 and I have the trinket on it. Just wrecks shit at low level now.

Going to be a stretch but do you have Mind's Eye decos? It will stop your blade from deflecting. Otherwise, chain flashpod and bind crafating more of them to your radial menu. At high rank there's no diminishing returns on them so you can use them at will. Additionally any decorations to avoid the wind suppression will make the fight easier.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Will the steam store have a 60 dollar bundle for the base game + iceborne? I've just been waiting for the combination before I buy, can' seem to find it listed on the store.
They said the bundle is only coming after the release but yeah. No preloading anyway so you don't really lose much just waiting.

Longsword is really good against him if you have a good weapon(which defender is) and weakness exploit+enough affinity. Basically once he gets knocked down, you can do attack > fade slash > spirit blade(like triangle or square to start, then both buttons for fade, then R2 spam for spirit blade combo to build up your bar) then immediately follow with the weeb jump attack and if you have good enough damage, hit the head enough and you were on red, he will wake up as you're jumping and the weeb slash will knock him down right away again, at which point you just do it again until he dies in a loop. Shit's pretty broken if you have the right amount of damage, but too much damage and you'll hit the knock down treshold while he's still on the ground so it resets, and not enough he won't get knocked down after you weeb slash(still fine though as he should be pretty close, just hit him in the head a couple of times with like triangle overhead and he should drop, then do the shit again).

Anyway it's good training to learn these type of fights since Master Rank stuff in IB is apparently quite a bit harder so you'd struggle there instead. Banging your head against a monster until you start anticipating his shit and just fucking melt them is the best feeling about MH(and Dark Souls and such).

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Damn straight. I wiped to Master Rank Teostra twice learning the HBG. Now I down that piece of shit in 10 minutes. Will be sub 10 soon!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Going to be a stretch but do you have Mind's Eye decos? It will stop your blade from deflecting. Otherwise, chain flashpod and bind crafating more of them to your radial menu. At high rank there's no diminishing returns on them so you can use them at will. Additionally any decorations to avoid the wind suppression will make the fight easier.
Longsword is really good against him if you have a good weapon(which defender is) and weakness exploit+enough affinity. Basically once he gets knocked down, you can do attack > fade slash > spirit blade(like triangle or square to start, then both buttons for fade, then R2 spam for spirit blade combo to build up your bar) then immediately follow with the weeb jump attack and if you have good enough damage, hit the head enough and you were on red, he will wake up as you're jumping and the weeb slash will knock him down right away again, at which point you just do it again until he dies in a loop. Shit's pretty broken if you have the right amount of damage, but too much damage and you'll hit the knock down treshold while he's still on the ground so it resets, and not enough he won't get knocked down after you weeb slash(still fine though as he should be pretty close, just hit him in the head a couple of times with like triangle overhead and he should drop, then do the shit again).

Anyway it's good training to learn these type of fights since Master Rank stuff in IB is apparently quite a bit harder so you'd struggle there instead. Banging your head against a monster until you start anticipating his shit and just fucking melt them is the best feeling about MH(and Dark Souls and such).

I have been upgrading the default Defender armor which just has the 2 gem slots. It's a rarity 6 armor and I seemingly can't craft better stats but should I look to craft for better bonuses?

I cleared out all the optional LR quests and may do the HR quests tonight instead of Kushala for more mats. Like I've been saying I've gotten to this point without having to really consider what I was doing or why as far as gear.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have been upgrading the default Defender armor which just has the 2 gem slots. It's a rarity 6 armor and I seemingly can't craft better stats but should I look to craft for better bonuses?

I cleared out all the optional LR quests and may do the HR quests tonight instead of Kushala for more mats. Like I've been saying I've gotten to this point without having to really consider what I was doing or why as far as gear.

That is to be expected the Defender gear was designed to get you through the base game as soon as you can. But this game is all about knowledge of fights, equipment, skills, gear, etc. Which you are running into now and is the REAL game.

Rathalos set Mastery bonus in High Rank is also Mind's Eye IIRC. This makes it so nothing can deflect your blade.

Have you been upgrading your stuff with Armor Spheres?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That is to be expected the Defender gear was designed to get you through the base game as soon as you can. But this game is all about knowledge of fights, equipment, skills, gear, etc. Which you are running into now and is the REAL game.

Rathalos set Mastery bonus in High Rank is also Mind's Eye IIRC. This makes it so nothing can deflect your blade.

Have you been upgrading your stuff with Armor Spheres?

Yes, I currently have no extra Armor spheres. All of my Defender gear is lvl 3-6 at R6.

Edit: My attack charm is max, lvl 3 and the trinket on my LS is the Lucky one from some event. Looks like a Chinese New Year type thing.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Google how to get all your boosters/mantles if you havent already. Some of them are pretty awesome and will save your ass (temporal for example). Also palico gadgets, the coral orchestra gadget is pretty awesome for giving earplugs/stun resist songs (if the assholes decide to play it). Putting a sleep/paralyze weapon your kitty can help too.