Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I believe if you show some interest in trying and testing, they have something on the way they can't wait to let ppl into

That's the gist I got from them

• 5Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I have all this silly cash just lying around...wtf.

Kickstart this mutha!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
woot, update!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad they found someone to focus on animations. I feel like some of the other artists were spending a lot of time learning something rather than banging out character models and other art assets.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

good chit in here
No Blood Mage/Disciple like class makes it a little disappointing IMO.

“Oh yeah we know people loved the Blood Mage in Vanguard so we may give some of that to Necros” like dude you are making your own game, you could just add a Blood Mage!

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
That mask on Shaman is so cool looking. Reminds me of the game Sable.

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Futurama Buy GIF

• 1Solidarity

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The class discussion gave me such strong EQ vibes that I'd expect to see monk tanks everywhere and a bunch of salty "fighters" seething in groups again.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
The class discussion gave me such strong EQ vibes that I'd expect to see monk tanks everywhere and a bunch of salty "fighters" seething in groups again.
Furor literally shaking rn

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
These guys pass the full beard interview if you manage to get a hold of them in discord.

Odds are they know more about EQ 2022 raid meta (full hindsight of the genre and how it really all works out in practice) than a lot of people here. Not even kidding.

Not just people who "thought it was cool and might still be marketable", true enthusiasts deeply involved in playing to this day.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
These guys pass the full beard interview if you manage to get a hold of them in discord.

Odds are they know more about EQ 2022 raid meta (full hindsight of the genre and how it really all works out in practice) than a lot of people here. Not even kidding.

Not just people who "thought it was cool and might still be marketable", true enthusiasts deeply involved in playing to this day.
Even within that niche there's still a fair bit of diversity.

Of those I know of on the tech / project management side:

Shawn (aLovingRobot) is very much cut from the pro-instancing crowd as he had first-hand experience where instancing would have been used for storytelling in EQ.
Nick played (plays?) on P99 and is pro-competition. He sees the benefit in open world competition.
Ali's more of the emu experimental/content diversity type. He knows firsthand the pitfalls that come with content design / development.

I haven't had past experiences with any of the other folk, but their composure understands what style of music made EQ's tracks iconic, their art team seems to understand what the era would look like if improved, etc.

The team has the right people and the right talent diversity among those people with interest diversity to provide an optimal experience while understanding the plights of the players. They're solid folks and it seems like the perfect storm of quality individuals.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
First I heard any instancing, guess we wait and see what announcements come along

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I may be wrong here, but I think I remember a very brief mention of potential instancing to avoid shit like the Ragefire cock block, or other quest required rare mobs.

• 1Like