Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
59,227
144,464
how easy it will be (and more importantly, the need) to fetch data from the client (i meant live running, but bravo on static client file data mining)... especially since this stuff is unity/unreal and not proprietary client (aka already a leg up on understanding structs/offsets, and in your/claude's case of static asset formats).

i guarantee someone already has a showeq lite.

I think they encrypt everything client side so it's not really possible
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,554
14,152
So much ultravison, so much wow...

There is a ledge in-front of me
View attachment 642955
oh yeah...this is better....

View attachment 642956


ON a funny side note..


At this location, the exit from the main city to...whereever I am with these elementals and floating skulls... the city guard will buff my pet with HP buff, resistance, SoW and a 15pt damage shield lol

An elementalist came by, they didnt buff their pet :-( may be something odd with SK pet? I am warmly con.

So - if your a SK here, and can get in the city, see if they will buff your pet- then just send him out to kill these elemental, the dmg shield does the work.

Was excited to find a new grind for level 10..but now at 11 they are many green... sad... anyone know a good place for 11-13ish? I am very tempted to just jump up to UD and faction. But later today I want to group in BM just to see if there is something to that place.

Your monitor is fucked man, do the built in windows calibration. I can see forever at 50 gamma with ultravision, other than intentionally dark areas they made, which are rare. I'm not saying this to be an asshole, I'm generally trying to help you here. Something is wrong with your monitor settings/calibration, it should not look like that.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,712
25,352
How is a screenshot affected by a monitor? I get that it would affect what I see IRL, but should not the screen shot be of "the image produced?" per say regardless of my monitors brightness

I am on a mac, I do not have any driver or control for my monitor - everything else in the world looks fine, like...my windows, my firefox, other games..like the pan-theonz. etc.
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,673
937
To be fair either my new drivers or ea launch does seem to have darkened things vs beta. Pretty much have to gamma 60 ish to see the ground at night with infra now for whatever reason. Odd, but haven’t experimented much with it.
 

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,712
25,352
Here is the noob yard..

Looks like one would expect...

Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 11.47.18 AM.png



The area I posted earlier is "just as open" i.e. nothing over head etc. as this one... so honestly... this still speaks to the designers being retarded, or something... It really looks like they designed the intro area to "look" fine... but everything else is jacked up

edit: like WTF is this

Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 11.52.39 AM.png
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,554
14,152
Here is the noob yard..

Looks like one would expect...

View attachment 642984


The area I posted earlier is "just as open" i.e. nothing over head etc. as this one... so honestly... this still speaks to the designers being retarded, or something... It really looks like they designed the intro area to "look" fine... but everything else is jacked up

edit: like WTF is this

View attachment 642985

That looks "correct" to me.

I know that the AV area is the most unfinished section, but I also heard Shawn say on stream that some areas were left dark on purpose. Where that area falls, I don't know. Could go either way I guess.

I avoided AV til it's more complete due to this.
 

huan

Trakanon Raider
18
3
Last one I'll announce here for awhile: Release v0.0.3 · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

Appreciate any feedback. This has an experimental 'hand drawn' option, but it only really works in Shaded Dunes. My next major release will hand draw all maps if the user wants. This also supports multiple floors.

After this I want to work on starting to collect markers and finding a way to host it. Importantly, I want to start marking useful quest locations.

I suspect claude did something silly where it's not streaming the data to find the relevant map stuff and loading everything into mem? EIther way, something funky is going on for this to take several minutes. I'll mess with it more when I have a chance later. Looks like there's been 2 updates pushed since I tried this last night, so maybe already addressed...
1791307929196.png
 
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,332
20,308
I suspect claude did something silly where it's not streaming the data to find the relevant map stuff and loading everything into mem? EIther way, something funky is going on for this to take several minutes. I'll mess with it more when I have a chance later. Looks like there's been 2 updates pushed since I tried this last night, so maybe already addressed...
View attachment 642991
No but I did try to improve performance so maybe I tuned it over board. It definitely will use all your cores but how the fuck are you at 92C

Will check on my end and release an update if it's my stuff

It definitely takes a few minutes to decompile all the maps and draw them, but realistically you only have to do that one time.
 

Aazrael

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
4,726
18,402
Noodleface Noodleface Tried your map real quick, will continue more tomorrow.

It's a great tool but is the compass in the top wrong or am I just misunderstaning something. West is North on Shaded Sands for exampel.

Maybe I missed something, pretty awesome to see how the zones layout is though! Great work!