Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That was great so far! GMs spawned a giant derp dragon that nuked the whole starting area at west gate near the end. Guards ended up killing it. Dropped this dope looking shield.

Also, which one of you was this? Lol

Aradune corpse.png

Lord Capsu.png
Red Dragon Shield stats.png
Red Dragon Shield.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
First mmo I feel like this about since EQ...if they just keep going this way we got a winner 23 years later.

• 6Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I managed to buy 2 crappy 4 slot bags and a few spells. Did any of you group? I just solod as I was constantly running off to sell stuff.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I managed to buy 2 crappy 4 slot bags and a few spells. Did any of you group? I just solod as I was constantly running off to sell stuff.
Nah between trying to find the right vendors, and sus out where the f the newb quests wanted us to go, it was just solo time for me. Mostly got a sense of the city at the end. Mostly.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
City’s huge but yeah, started to get a feel for it by the end. I get the vendor thing, but goddamn I’m not a fan of it, especially if bags are going to be hard to come by or expensive like EQ.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How long until this thing actually gets released?
I think the idea is to finish a "proof of concept", and take it forward for legitimate funding, and then go from there to round out the game. I'd expect it's still two years away?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I have a general idea how to get from one gate to the other.

I woke up with that painful addiction. At least I can watch meat roast on a 3 frame fire animation.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
It was funny seeing unique names from my old EQ server. Games going to be like some weird high school reunion.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the stress test a lot. This game is the closest any game has ever gotten to making me feel like I am playing EverQuest on day one. Just so cool.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I enjoyed the stress test a lot. This game is the closest any game has ever gotten to making me feel like I am playing EverQuest on day one. Just so cool.
The only sad part is we have to hold onto that feeling for at least 2+ years before this game will be released.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd actually plop down money on this one early on if they offered a reasonable package. My soybucks are ready.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The prices on items suggests that they are replicating an issue that I feel is a design flaw (I could be wrong) that EQ and WoW made which is that the coin denominations under platinum (and gold for WoW) are very quickly made irrelevant because the valuation curve is so steep and level 1 items start at double digits or more. Why not value items such that platinum is not encountered by players until mid-game?

Also: perhaps name tags only for your own corpses

I hated that as a monk. I was constantly throwing out everything that wasn’t plat once I started to bump up against weight limit

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea, I'm ashamed I didn't try more classes, but ranger is in there. I made a Cleric on server 3 but as soon as 1 was available I went back to my wizard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did any of you try any of the muddish commands? I got a few interesting responses on the look command. One was up high on a lighthouse, and the other was a well I stumbled upon in the pitch black night.