We added it after the playtest.
awesome-youre-awesome.gif

Groove

Trakanon Raider

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That water is to real for a game trying to be "EQish." :)
I feel like I notice that in a lot of games, where water is the best looking graphical piece, especially in games that aren't striving to achieve top tier graphics. Like, maybe it's such a solved problem that good water physics/graphics are easily done compared to anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I notice that in a lot of games, where water is the best looking graphical piece, especially in games that aren't striving to achieve top tier graphics. Like, maybe it's such a solved problem that good water physics/graphics are easily done compared to anything else.
From my understanding - water has reached a point where any improvements upon what is standard is questionable at best. The assets are almost indistinguishable from one another and cheaply bought on the marketplace. Lastly, the standard ones are incredibly light weight / easy on hardware. The pieces Ive read could be completely fabricated - but I dont know why they would be.

• 1Solidarity

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
From my understanding - water has reached a point where any improvements upon what is standard is questionable at best. The assets are almost indistinguishable from one another and cheaply bought on the marketplace. Lastly, the standard ones are incredibly light weight / easy on hardware. The pieces Ive read could be completely fabricated - but I dont know why they would be.
Yeah we've had insane water since like, Half Life 2.

• 1Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
That water is to real for a game trying to be "EQish." :)

Agreed. Seems they're having fun playing around with shaders and effects which, while may look cool initially, are starting to detract from the simplicity of the project.

Also the waves in the video appeared to be going the wrong direction.

Groove

Trakanon Raider

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been able to watch recent streams, but I really feel like if they quickly build out another biome it would attract more attention. All the progress has been amazing but we've been looking at deserts for a couple years now. Even a very unfinished biome with some other colors would make me want to tune in more.

edit: NM, i just looked at yesterday's stream and Shawn showed off the other biomes. Looks great.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This game could really end up being a homerun to play. I feel like the team has a good vision and understands what this audience is looking for in a MMO. Time will tell. Its very timely too... all the hype MMOs (Ashes, Pantheon, etc) all taking way too long. WoW expansion has concluded and who knows its future so if they can get this out, they could capture a decent number of folks if nothing else out of curiosity and boredom

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I really don't think it's necessary to have a Kelethin 3.0 in this game. Unless there's a bespoke new take on how to do a tree city, I think we just let Kelethin be Kelethin and focus on new things.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really don't think it's necessary to have a Kelethin 3.0 in this game. Unless there's a bespoke new take on how to do a tree city, I think we just let Kelethin be Kelethin and focus on new things.
This. It's one thing to have some fun little throwbacks, but going "all-in" on just remaking EQ zones is going to get old fast.