Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Siliconemelons

Also, there was an exp adjustment done at one time to alleviate hell levels- it may have been hybrids or something but I remember getting about 1/2 to 3/4 a level or exp- there was short term complaining but nothing long term- they should have just fixed it lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coffeefan

Trakanon Raider
New update today. Looks like they plan on Early Access in January 2026.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New update today. Looks like they plan on Early Access in January 2026.

It's interesting they brought in someone with GTA RP server experience for their RP server. It's going to be interesting to see what they have in store for that end of things.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Dang... making me wonder if I'm too old to dadquest on a pvp server at release. Unless something drastic changes this is a day 1 buy for me they're just doing everything right. No box price and $15/mo with no micro transactions tells me that they're going to keep this team lean and focused. I'm feeling pretty optimistic on this game boys.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm 35. I've been waiting for this kind of game since I was about 14 or 15.

Is it finally going to really happen, guys? D:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
Is there enough of an audience out there to support both this and the other Ever Quest knock off (Pantheon)? Seems like 2 indie developers will be fighting for the same tiny pool of players, but at least this game looks competently made and not a money laundering scheme.

They should really rethink the name of this project though. Monsters and Memories sounds like a 2000s metalcore band.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This game is fuckin hype man, idk what you talking about

Maybe you just don't like classic mmo

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Considering the answers to the recent AMA on EverQuest, when this game comes out, there is a 99.9999999% chance I will uninstall EQ when this game comes out.

DBG is entirely too corrupt at this point for me to continue supporting them if there is an alternative out there for the old-school MMO itch. DBG has proven time and again that they don't give two shits about their customers and the final nail in the coffin was the AMA answer saying that they will not do grind-based content ever again choosing instead to go with quest-based missions to level your characters. That was the defacto "fuck you" that the developers were giving all the old school EQ fans.

With any hope we wont see the same blatant disregard for their customers, obviously openly GM-supported cheating/RMT practices, and absolute minimal content for maximum over priced expansions that DBG has gone to over the past decade.

I know it has been said a gazillion times before, but "this might be the EQ killer". The only difference this time is that the current owners of EQ deserve to lose this time. They've done everything in their power to take advantage of the fact that there is no direct competitor for their specific genre, and as such, they deserve to fail miserably. Long live the memory of EQ, but to hell with the current ownership, design, and direction of DBG.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
This game is fuckin hype man, idk what you talking about

Maybe you just don't like classic mmo
I didn't knock this game (other than the name), it looks like it's doing what it set out to do. I don't know enough about Ever Quest to get into the nitty gritty, I'm just acutely aware that the population of people clamoring for another Ever Quest type game isn't exactly huge, and there are 2 games here trying to capitalize on that same small demographic.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ok fair enough but EQ came out when the Internet was young. These kinds of pixel addictors will spread like wild fire in today's world.

I played 2 daybreak/darkpaw (whatever) EQ pvp servers and that was it. You may have seen the newsletter they came out with about the Death Toll server towards the end. God they were so mad. Maybe someone can dig that up.

• 1Like