Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

bolok

Trakanon Raider
NPC loading was definitely the worst part, that and me never grabbing a light source. Was quite a blast to play, though, and some heavy nostalgia. Got a smirk out of me when I saw the snakes kicking.
The dark is... dark as fuck. I guess one of the beetles drops a light source too, but they were too high of a con for me solo.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I spent too much time exploring but eventually went back and started questing. Did take me a good hour or two to figure out where to go. I didn't finish the first starter quest. Couldn't get snake skins to drop.

Some kind of UFO off in the distance. MusicForFish MusicForFish !
ufo.png

Newb area near the end of the test.
Bodies.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The dark is... dark as fuck. I guess one of the beetles drops a light source too, but they were too high of a con for me solo.

Yeah, I figured there was some fire beetle eye equivalent, I just never got around to killing one.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had a great time today, but I"m out till full release now. I've always been one of those peeps that get a MMO alpha/beta taste, and will wait till full release. I want my discoveries to be permanent. I'll be glad to go all in full blind.

Edit: this is going to sound superficial, but if Sean really needs help testing I would, but I doubt he will be. A tone of people will help him test out his world, and I'd rather be surprised.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I spent too much time exploring but eventually went back and started questing. Did take me a good hour or two to figure out where to go. I didn't finish the first starter quest. Couldn't get snake skins to drop.

Some kind of UFO off in the distance. MusicForFish MusicForFish !
View attachment 471141

Newb area near the end of the test.
View attachment 471142
I ran past you to get my corpse over by the Necro area. (accidently smacked a guard) There were SOOO many corpses everywhere. LUL

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I say this as somebody who both loves this project and what they're trying to build and never had an issue navigating in EQ:

This city is STUPIDLY ABSURDLY too large and this is a very bad idea in a game without navigation aids. It's a gigantic maze. I've spent 2 and a half hours trying to find my trainer and still have not. Most of the rest of the play test (over 3.5 hours as of this post) was spent trying to find merchants to buy my stuff. When it comes to cities, less is more.
My guess is that when this goes live you will spawn somewhere relatively close to your trainer, much like in EQ.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Cool! I heard them mention being fans of crafting. I saw an astronomy trainer but I didn't have the 1cp to train it :emoji_laughing:

Maybe I will get to name Galaxies.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The prices on items suggests that they are replicating an issue that I feel is a design flaw (I could be wrong) that EQ and WoW made which is that the coin denominations under platinum (and gold for WoW) are very quickly made irrelevant because the valuation curve is so steep and level 1 items start at double digits or more. Why not value items such that platinum is not encountered by players until mid-game?

Also: perhaps name tags only for your own corpses

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My main complaint so far is mouse sensitivity. I had a look at the settings, they are json out in LocalLow/NiceWorldsCult, but no sensitivity stuff.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I died to the first even con bat I attacked. So after I got my corpse I grouped with some random person and we killed stuff together until level 2 when I decided to go find my guild master. I followed the directions on the note and I found the guild master without any issues (SK). I spent a majority of the test exploring the city looking for an NPC for my SK noob quest. Finally found him as the server was coming down.

I went to Wyrmsbane twice hoping to find a lvl1 raidforce, but both times I went the zones were empty except for devs being in there.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Much more playable today. Finished the Shadow Knight noob quest. See a lot more people grinding on mobs. Seems people have figured out what to do now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Has some good bones but I don't want to dump a lot of time into it until it's more fleshed out and persistent.

So many corpses in the starting area....

mnm_EQLBqpD0Nr.jpg

mnm_T3qaS2grQr.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I had fun messing around. Pretty much went to the edge of the world as far as I could tell. Very, very excited for this going forward.

M&M.JPG

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Had a better day, but still a few soul crushing moments with lag. Never saw a fire beetle eye drop so I finally just bought one. Finished the warrior quest, and logged out. My room is bright, and night time was 100% unplayable.

I saw enough to know this will be a game I obsess over once it is further along. No need to dampen the feels.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I guess I had good luck with the firebeetle eye on my druid. Got one reasonably fast. Thumbs up all around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user