Keep trucking brotha

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I want to know more about the area at 0:39
does this have an underdark-like area?

more games should have underdark-like areas
Shawn talked a lot about many zones being under ground. Buried civilizations etc. And 3 of the races are Deep races.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Do the deep better than Zelda...

edit: okay that's a bit harsh on Zelda TOTK they did a good job on it comparatively, I just generally do not care for those types of areas.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

forehead

Trakanon Raider
If you're thinking about checking out the playtest in a couple hours, go ahead and run the update patch now. Don't be one of those assholes complaining about slow download speeds while 1000 people are trying to log in and play.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
I get the realism or whatever they're going for, but I feel like having most vendors specialized to only buying or selling certain things is going to get old real quick.

• 2Like

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I get the realism or whatever they're going for, but I feel like having most vendors specialized to only buying or selling certain things is going to get old real quick.
I would even be ok with inappropriate vendors only offering half price or something. But yeah the inventory/vendoring situation at low levels is pretty rough. Especially since every mob drops multiple items.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played it for about 30 minutes. Its very, very much like EverQuest and thats not entirely a bad thing. But with that said, I can tell there is a grind to it and Im just not in the mood to grind out some levels in a game that's going to wipe the characters after just a handful of hours, lol. Ill play it when it goes live with whoever links up at that point.

Btw, if a dev reads this - you have no duck feature. So playing an Ogre, I cant get into maybe 1 in 8 doors because the ramp leading down to it makes me too tall. If there is a crouch or duck feature, I apologize. But I didnt see it listed in Key Bindings.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would even be ok with inappropriate vendors only offering half price or something. But yeah the inventory/vendoring situation at low levels is pretty rough. Especially since every mob drops multiple items.
"Greedy" vendors sound cool on paper but are shit for gameplay, only people who don't know any better get screwed by it IMO.

Agree 100% that running around to 2+ vendors to sell your bear asses sounds lame as hell. Has there been any other game that does it that way that was successful?

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It is definitely off-putting, and I wouldn't be surprised if they flinch on it eventually, but I imagine its not a big deal once you know who buys what.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Some observations (these are not necessarily intended to be complaints or suggestions) after playing today:

* Melee hits can stun, which make your character turn. In EQ this only occurred (not always) from a bash (or an attack from behind if moving), and turning you only if your character was turning at the time of the bash as it locked your character into the turn you were already in.
* Spells immediately auto-cancel on movement, so you can spam the crap out of people by mashing a spell while moving.
* Fizzles can grant a skill-up. So I was getting skill-ups by spamming my nuke spell on myself while I was running around. In EQ generally you had to succeed at the combat skill to get a skill raise.
* Turning off the drop item warning is probably something everybody will do and I saw bags on the ground everywhere. Also people not looting corpses. The smart play seems to be to not loot anything that isn't a weapon/shield, and a few specific stackable items like beetle legs, because the city is so large that the time spent running to specific vendors to sell low value drops could be better spent hunting more weapon droppers.
* The merchant window doesn't show your money.
* Max melee damage was oddly capped at 9 for me which made almost every other weapon worse than my starting weapon, which did 8 damage. The rusty warhammer was the only weapon worth buying because of this.
* Spell casts do not reset your weapon attack timer. In EQ it did, except after Velious where only hybrids had this penalty removed. The effect of this is that it highly encourages the use of slower weapons as you can cast spells in between attacks without extending your attack timer if the delay > cast time.

I'm not suggesting that they copy EQ exactly, they can do what they like; I'm just mentioning EQ's mechanics for comparisson

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Last night I started needing to heal alot more as my group caught up in levels, and so I was always sitting and never looted anything and now I'm so broke.

Did a bunch of a fun zone with gobbos, at least the part I saw. It was up in the mountains.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a dog side to that goblin zone. Now instead of cooking and eating goblin meat with goblin friends, I was cooking and eating doggo meat with a bunch of dogs (itsa gm illusion)
dogs.jpg

We got a couple of nice belts for melee types in there.

Here's the last moment, people piled around a fire and jumping:

crowd.jpg

Had great fun with Cleric. Got an 80 point delayed heal and a nice 70ish nuke and root at 12. Made it to 14. Summon food and drink is great too.

Wasted a few hours on the second cleric quest, which is either broken or super cruel. There's one diseased bat that can spawn, and it isn't a quick spawn, and you need bile or a bile duct from it, and of course there's 40 other people that need it too. And it only seems to drop diseased blood (which doesn't work as bile).

Most quest stuff you can buy off vendors eq style but none was to be found for this one.

2 EQ streamers I like were playing, DirtyOldSocks, and AlphablueOfficial. I'm going to watch their vods to ease the pain of loss.

I overdid it this time though. I've got these scaly discoloured gross blotches under my eyes.

• 2Like