Moon Knight

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
She spoke with Layla's voice right?
no, i don't know who she is, but i've seen a couple videos that show a picture of taweret's voice actress and it's definitely not layla. her name is Antonia Salib.
latest

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, nobody even discussing the new episode.

The show just kind of got boring. Legion did the whole mind trip thing better. I was kind of hoping for a third personality but they just went with simplistic and predictable. This for me went from a " Oh, a Marvel character I have not heard much about, maybe this will be a nice surprise" too " Oh, maybe this is why I have not heard much about this Marvel character". The concept is fine but it just comes off boring in the way the story has gone. I find it a bit odd that a character of this power level would not have even been discussed in the Avenger circle of Super Heroes. If not for the Marvel tag, I would not have even continued watching this. I was curious as to how they would meld him into the Marvel Universe without ever having been a part of the Marvel Universe. The Avengers are kind of in rebuild mode, so you would think this would attract somebody. Maybe it does in the last episode, but I doubt it.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched it. Bit at a loss to be honest.

Thought we’d get Jake but instead got a whole lot of nothing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
With Barry and Better Call Saul out, no one has time for this garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Episode was a trip, just not the trip I expected, enjoyed other 5th episodes better (Loki and Wandavision in particular). Ultimately think the end result is a more focused Moon Knight, as we move out of his noggin and back to handling Konshu's place among the Ennead, and dealing with Ammit for the finale.

I do wonder if we'll continue to see Mr. Knight as a way to retain a fragment of Steven's personality, just no longer have the disassociated personality as a coping mechanism for Marc Spector.

Ethan Hawke was so good as the shrink, lol.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, nobody even discussing the new episode.

The show just kind of got boring. Legion did the whole mind trip thing better. I was kind of hoping for a third personality but they just went with simplistic and predictable. This for me went from a " Oh, a Marvel character I have not heard much about, maybe this will be a nice surprise" too " Oh, maybe this is why I have not heard much about this Marvel character". The concept is fine but it just comes off boring in the way the story has gone. I find it a bit odd that a character of this power level would not have even been discussed in the Avenger circle of Super Heroes. If not for the Marvel tag, I would not have even continued watching this. I was curious as to how they would meld him into the Marvel Universe without ever having been a part of the Marvel Universe. The Avengers are kind of in rebuild mode, so you would think this would attract somebody. Maybe it does in the last episode, but I doubt it.
This is all taking place at the same time as Doctor Strange 2. He is a new, so how would the Avengers know about him? This episode was fine. Basically a look into Marc's mind and why he is so fucked up. It did feel like this should have been done like an episode earlier, but the Marvel shows tend to blow their wad on the last episode of the series. Weird that his shit balanced before his third personality is revealed tho.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
James Dean Breaking Up GIF by The Room
acting patrick stewart GIF

Oscar Isaac is killing it, really great acting episode, Ethan setting him up masterfully. Not a lot of super hero stuff, oh well. I read the above comments before watching and damn, subverted expectations. Family stuff rustled me, albeit predictable. Can't wait for the finale episode.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the pacing is really terrible on this show, and its less Moon Knight and more "guy with psychological problems is dealing with it". Which is ok and semi interesting but not really a comic book show. This episode has less than what, 1 minute of Moon Knight?

I loved all the Egypt shit, the Duat / boat stuff was awesome and I wish the show was 75% that kinda shit and 25% Grant/Marc shit but its more like 90% psych shit and 10% Egypt. If you liked the Egypt stuff, go play Assassins Creed Origins. One of the big DLCs deals exclusively with the exact same areas of the underworld and its pretty awesome, you get to ride the ship of the dead, visit Osiris' gates and different underworld realms. Really fun stuff. Its funny how in the recent Assassin Creed games the DLCs are way more focused and fun thain the main games.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
OK just watched it. It was a good hour of TV. A lot better than gril power bullshit that was last episode. It's not much of a comic book story but Oscar Isaac is good and makes it a compelling piece of a human story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I like it. I didn't think I would but this is probably one of the better things Marvel put out lately in my opinion. I find the "guy with psychological problems is dealing with it" a TON better of a story than a typical CGI clusterfuck with costume superhero beating up shit every scene with no fear of harm, goofy Avenger music, and girls get it done crap. Latest episode was really well done I think.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, I was hyped for this and I feel it delivered. The interesting part for me was that at some point I didn’t even care about the super hero aspect of the show. I was just genuinely invested in Steven Grant mental issues, and how fucked up he was, Moon Knight just ended up feeling like a bonus.

If they can keep this sort of tension over his mental state for 6 episodes, this will just be awesome.

So I’m going to quote myself from after the first episode. I still feel exactly the same way, I enjoy the Marc/Steven aspect of the show and the Moon Knight stuff is just a bonus. I really like the episode and finding out about Marc and how Steven came about.

Oscar‘s performance obviously is elevating this from being just good to pretty much awesome for me. Ethan is pretty solid too, and was a fantastic foil In this episode to push Oscar in the right direction.

I love the Egyptian mythology stuff for the most part, strangely the actual Moon Knight storyline itself has been the weakest part of the show but as I said it doesn’t matter since the Marc/Steven issue has been since the start the best part, and since it’s been the focus for the most part it makes for a good show for me.

I totally understand why people who would prefer a more straightforward super hero show don’t like this though.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I guess it's fine, but
1) Legion basically did everything better.
2) A trimmed down ~2hour 20 minute version of this would have been much better in movie form.