Moon Knight

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
While I hate that it's not Moon knight, I actually am enjoying focus on his mental stuff. But I think they're doing it wrong, there has to be a future plan in the MCU, I don't see why there is so much focus on his personalities and the put him away.

Also I miss everyone hating Steven

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
so they waiting for the final ep for the third personality or what? seems odd.
I'm ready to be wrong but I don't think they'll use the third personality this season.

I am enjoying this show. I was obsessed with egyptian mythology as a teenager (a long time ago) and this is bringing back a lot of fond memories from studying, visiting museums etc about it. Oscar Isaac is great, Ethan Hawke is great (although his constant teleporting is a bit tiring). I'm a little sad that we might not get much more of the hilariously funny & awful english accent though.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Don't think there has to be much of a plan for the future MCU outside of possible future Moon Knight seasons.

What's he gonna do in some random avengers flick? Sure he might cameo and punch some generic CGI-guys in "Avengers-8-lets-do-an-everyone-one-the-screen-thing-Endgame-thing-again".

Oscaar Isaac might be to expensive / high-level, but the best use for Moon Knight outside of Moon Knight might actually be a mid-movie "side villain" with Marc Spector as super-powered mercenary caught up in some archeological mcguffin non-sense, opposing the protagonists of Black Panther 3 or Eternals 2 or some such.

j00t

i'm thinking that jake probably won't show up by name, but the season will end with jake in control. he's been in every episode, even if only by the impact of his actions. it'd be silly not to have him be a part of the last episode. however, i also think it's too late in the season to bring him in and have him be dealt with in any meaningful way.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If the X-Men are part of the MCU now they could do a Moon Knight/Legion buddy show and up the weirdness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
so they waiting for the final ep for the third personality or what? seems odd.

I'm ready to be wrong but I don't think they'll use the third personality this season.

I am enjoying this show. I was obsessed with egyptian mythology as a teenager (a long time ago) and this is bringing back a lot of fond memories from studying, visiting museums etc about it. Oscar Isaac is great, Ethan Hawke is great (although his constant teleporting is a bit tiring). I'm a little sad that we might not get much more of the hilariously funny & awful english accent though.

i'm thinking that jake probably won't show up by name, but the season will end with jake in control. he's been in every episode, even if only by the impact of his actions. it'd be silly not to have him be a part of the last episode. however, i also think it's too late in the season to bring him in and have him be dealt with in any meaningful way.
I think we have already met Jake, just not been introduced (if you know what I mean)
The broken nose in this one scene had me wondering so I went looking and found this (starts about the 1:10 mark)

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we have already met Jake, just not been introduced (if you know what I mean)
The broken nose in this one scene had me wondering so I went looking and found this (starts about the 1:10 mark)

When I saw that image it reminded me of the Marc Spector character though. Whenever you see the three of them, Marc has the nose plaster, Steven is usually in a suit/tux, and Jake has a flat cap.

1651147954797.png

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm a little sad that we might not get much more of the hilariously funny & awful english accent though.
After reading a few Brits complain about this accent I had an epipheny.

Ya know how the first time you hear a recording of your voice, everyone objects? Everyone always say the same thing: "I dont sound like that!"

But you do, its literally a recording, its exactly what you sound like.

Thats how this accent affects Brits. Its uncomfortable I guess. Hysterical from the other side though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ya know how the first time you hear a recording of your voice, everyone objects?

Yes, Oscar Isaac in Disney+ TV show is first time any British person has ever heard another British person speak, whether on the radio, the television, the internet or in real life.

• 7Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Weird that his shit balanced before his third personality is revealed tho.

It's a conflict that he had to resolve, I don't see it as requiring him to reconcile all his possible personalities, just the trauma that resulted in Steven existing at all.

We've had plenty of outright references to 'something else' and I'm sure we'll get that beat over our heads a couple of times in the finale if we don't have a outright montage of the different ways that personality has surfaced and a reveal as the show ends on a 'the crazy will continue next time you see Moon Knight'.

If the X-Men are part of the MCU now they could do a Moon Knight/Legion buddy show and up the weirdness.

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the occult thread in the MCU, no reason not to expect Blade, Black Knight, Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone (rumored to be coming in the Halloween special) and maybe Daredevil or Dr. Strange to not end up crossing over into each others' series and movies.

• 1Like

j00t

Yes, Oscar Isaac in Disney+ TV show is first time any British person has ever heard another British person speak, whether on the radio, the television, the internet or in real life.
i don't know man, he's kinda got a point. if there's a non brit doing a british accent of any kind, you come out of the woodwork to criticize how awful and comically offensive it is.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I think the bad accent is on purpose, Marc isnt british so it stands to reason his alter wouldnt really have a good british accent even if he thinks of himself as british.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

It's a conflict that he had to resolve, I don't see it as requiring him to reconcile all his possible personalities, just the trauma that resulted in Steven existing at all.

We've had plenty of outright references to 'something else' and I'm sure we'll get that beat over our heads a couple of times in the finale if we don't have a outright montage of the different ways that personality has surfaced and a reveal as the show ends on a 'the crazy will continue next time you see Moon Knight'.

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the occult thread in the MCU, no reason not to expect Blade, Black Knight, Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone (rumored to be coming in the Halloween special) and maybe Daredevil or Dr. Strange to not end up crossing over into each others' series and movies.
i wonder... and i don't think it'd happen but it could be a fun experiment... but instead of doing these limited series disney+ shows, what about a show called "Disney's Marvels" or something and just have it be a normal 24 episode season that doesn't necessarily focus on any one character for more than a few episodes at a time. maybe have 3 episodes of moon knight in a row, then throw a dr strange episode, then a couple blade, one or two midnight sons as a mid season thing. then show daredevil and what he's up to, etc.

like i said, they'd never do it and probably for a good reason, but it might help to bring some of these more oddball characters into the fold a little more naturally without having to wedge a their whole story in all at once

j00t

I think the bad accent is on purpose, Marc isnt british so it stands to reason his alter wouldnt really have a good british accent even if he thinks of himself as british.
yeah, a few of us have brought that up a couple times. it's solidified even more this episode since he started doing the accent as a kid from a hokey direct to tv movie. kid's from chicago and probably only ever heard a british accent from tomb buster.

but you know, people gotta get angry about something or else their entire persona is invalid

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Is English not your first language or something? I mean even that weird fancy British kind of English?

The point of my analogy was not the word "first" (obviously). The point is that to outside observers, the person complaining that a tape recording of their voice "isnt what they sound like", is pretty fucking funny.

Burns

yeah, a few of us have brought that up a couple times. it's solidified even more this episode since he started doing the accent as a kid from a hokey direct to tv movie. kid's from chicago and probably only ever heard a british accent from tomb buster.

but you know, people gotta get angry about something or else their entire persona is invalid
If they had any balls they would have made him sound like Mickey...
no, not that Mickey, the other Mickey...
"Ya like dags?"

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
you come out of the woodwork

Yeah sure, because without people discussing accents I'm just here lurking and not reminding you all that I'm exceptionally good looking, low body fat, more intelligent than you, laying traps, and not autistic etc etc

The point of my analogy was not the word "first" (obviously). The point is that to outside observers, the person complaining that a tape recording of their voice "isnt what they sound like",

I'm intelligent and cultured enough to be able to differentiate between US regional accents like Minnesotan, New Jersey, Boston, Canadian, Southern etc. I'm sorry that your audio cells can't distinguish between an English accent and a bad attempt at an English accent.

• 1EyeRoll

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Internet fixation on that third personality-thing is starting to give of Mephiston-vibes 🤣

What? It's not even close to that. Jake is an inseparable part of the character that has been directly shown as existing multiple times.

It's not some random item in the background of one scene that kinda looks like something from a single panel in a comic from 1974

Last edited:
  • 2Like