Moonfall (2022)

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wish I had caught up on this thread prior to watching it. What a hot damn mess. I've seen better CGI from the 90s.
The moon is a space ship an an it is infected with a rogue computer program an an the moon crashes into the earth an an some fat guy detonates an emp an an the moon space ship uncrashes an an drives back out into space an an the earth is saved happily ever after.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The moon is a space ship an an it is infected with a rogue computer program an an the moon crashes into the earth an an some fat guy detonates an emp an an the moon space ship uncrashes an an drives back out into space an an the earth is saved happily ever after.
That actually sounds like something a 5 year old would make up.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This movie sounds amazing but tries to be serious ?

It's honestly bizarre.

It takes itself seriously.

The writing is beyond retarded... a hallow moon with aliens in it, lol. One way gravity. It's all so stupid.

But yet, it was fine watching it, entertaining, I wasn't bored, yes I thought "oh my god how fucking stupid", but it was fine.

It's like the 2012 movie, so fucking stupid, the continents move that much and now the airplane can land? lol. But it's fine to watch.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I laughed when our ancestors were wiped out by the AI they built only to find out some of them barely escaped and built new AI to help them again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So my hope for this was dumb fun…it was certainly dumb, but not very fun.

Usually these type of movies have really good pacing that keep you engaged throughout so you too busy to think too much about how dumb they are, but this had terrible pacing way too much exposition leaving you with tons of time to think about how stupid it was. Ultimately taking all the possible fun out of it.

The concept was really stupid but with better pacing and maybe if it took itself a little less serious it could have bee entertaining but it failed. I do not recommend this to anyone.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"You're part of the moon now." has GOT to be one of the greatest lines of dialogue i've ever heard

Rime

<Donor>
They needed to cut out all of the crap with the children and this would have been significantly better.

The only thing I enjoyed were the scenes of the moon 'rising' and wrecking everything.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They needed to cut out all of the crap with the children and this would have been significantly better.

The only thing I enjoyed were the scenes of the moon 'rising' and wrecking everything.

the biggest problem for me, was that the science was SOOOOOOO wrong. i mean, ignore the dyson sphere moon thing... if the moon's orbit ever decayed, the amount of devastation that it would cause would have been so mind-bogglingly awesome to see, but all we got was a minor typhoon in the beginning and some goofy gravity wells. in reality, it would be biblical Armageddon type stuff, oceans boiling one day, Day After Tomorrow-type freezing the next. the kind of thing that EVEN IF the moon went back into it's previous orbit, you'd have centuries of nearly unlivable surface... but nope, here's a couple of asteroids and a tidal wave.

for reference

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My biggest issue is people completely give up in this movie at the drop of a hat. It's the end of the world but its classified!!!

Also super advanced humans couldn't fucking figure out EMP???

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My biggest issue is people completely give up in this movie at the drop of a hat. It's the end of the world but its classified!!!

Also super advanced humans couldn't fucking figure out EMP???
EMPs cause climate change and are banned.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
it was dumb and the science made no sense and yeah it would have been 10x better if the entire kid plotline was excised and instead the nanoswarm was completely unaffected by the EMP and won but it was still fun to see, these kind of goofy "end of the world" action movies seem rare nowadays which is odd, you'd think people would eat it up but all we have time for is true crime podcast TV shows I guess.

• 1Like

Goatface

don't know if it will happen, but really want to see a seveneves movie. it has been almost 8 years in development. pretty sure they will mess it though.
if don't know, seveneves (book) is about the moon breaking up and how fucked the planet is.

• 1Mother of God

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think I checked out of that book once I realized it was all "Matriarchy good, men bad decisions, women are the f00ture" or something. I've never finished it.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think I checked out of that book once I realized it was all "Matriarchy good, men bad decisions, women are the f00ture" or something. I've never finished it.
You made the right decision. The first 2/3 of the book are awesome. Then that fucking third part that makes you question why any of us ever consider Stephenson to be even a halfway competent writer

I'm still saltier about the third part of that book than I am about the ending of Lost

• 1Like

Goatface

i figured they would split it into 2, 1st movie about parts 1-2 and then probably end it there lol

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
You made the right decision. The first 2/3 of the book are awesome. Then that fucking third part that makes you question why any of us ever consider Stephenson to be even a halfway competent writer

I'm still saltier about the third part of that book than I am about the ending of Lost

Absolutely. The final part of Seveneves is such hot trash. I thought it was fanfiction at first.