Mortal Kombat 11

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who is the character with the reaper scythe in the fatality video?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

GlassColossalGreendarnerdragonfly-small.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who is the character with the reaper scythe in the fatality video?

skarlet.

she's an older character but they completely rebuilt her so the only recognizable trait is that she uses blood magic

edit: TOO LATE

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i'm so glad i wasn't the only one who thought this. i don't really like ronda, i never have. but i don't have any kind of biased against her. i give her athleticism credit and she's easy on the eyes. she's also a huge nerd so there's that.

that being said who let her walk out in that outfit? absolutely the most unflattering thing she could have worn

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Something is missing graphically in the character models and I can't put my finger on it... something aesthetically not pleasing and I don't mean how fugly Sonya looks... like an angry beardless dorf from Kaladim. It's missing a gloss or beauty to the characters... hard to describe. Anyone know what I mean? :/

Also, customization is a great thing but was it really needed to the level they made it into in an MK game?

Idk, I feel kinda salty about this so far~

All NRS created female models look like that. It's puzzling that they do not know how to create decent looking female faces.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
All NRS created female models look like that. It's puzzling that they do not know how to create decent looking female faces.
Might be intentional. It's harder to muster sympathy for uggos. Pretty faces getting destroyed? popular outrage and censorship campaigns.

• 1Like

TiCK

Trakanon Raider
So are any of you gonna be buying this for PC? I am wondering how well this will be compared to the console versions? Also I have been out of the loop for a while, what joypad would you guys suggest?

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So are any of you gonna be buying this for PC? I am wondering how well this will be compared to the console versions? Also I have been out of the loop for a while, what joypad would you guys suggest?

If I get it'll be on PS4. PC online communities for fighting games die very quickly unless the FGC decides that the PC is the platform to play it on.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
If I get it'll be on PS4. PC online communities for fighting games die very quickly unless the FGC decides that the PC is the platform to play it on.

Pretty true. Though tekken 7 surprised me with the PC community

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wanting Nightwolf is a thing? You're the first person I've met who liked him.

I was working at an arcade when MK3 was released. I played the shit out of it and when I got tired of cheesing with Liu Kang I switched to Nightwolf. I think mainly because my friends would bitch when I kicked their ass with a "shitty" character. I really haven't played the game much since 4. I picked up Mortal Kombat X not too long ago cuz it was on sale for like 10 bucks. Was surprised at the missing characters I used to play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I was working at an arcade when MK3 was released. I played the shit out of it and when I got tired of cheesing with Liu Kang I switched to Nightwolf. I think mainly because my friends would bitch when I kicked their ass with a "shitty" character. I really haven't played the game much since 4. I picked up Mortal Kombat X not too long ago cuz it was on sale for like 10 bucks. Was surprised at the missing characters I used to play.

I miss arcades in general. I remember being a kid always wanting to work at one so i could get free tokens/games. Though you also had to wait for good builds of mortal kombat to come out speaking of missing stuff. I remember early builds of MK2 and 3 would have missing fatalities. Some characters had 2, the rest only had 1. Or half of the animalities in mk3 worked.

I still remember it being the early days of the internet too, was hard to find move lists still on aol/prodigy/whatever. No major web search engines yet but webcrawler and altavista starting appearing. I remember realizing someone figured out how to unlock smoke with on MK3 using the code that you had to input on both player 1 and 2 and i started going around to arcades trying to find one that didn't have it unlocked and show it off that I knew how to do it.

Then MK4 was so bad, i figured it was going to kill the franchise (think it almost did for a while, 5 and up still weren't that great either)

• 4Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I miss arcades in general. I remember being a kid always wanting to work at one so i could get free tokens/games. Though you also had to wait for good builds of mortal kombat to come out speaking of missing stuff. I remember early builds of MK2 and 3 would have missing fatalities. Some characters had 2, the rest only had 1. Or half of the animalities in mk3 worked.

I still remember it being the early days of the internet too, was hard to find move lists still on aol/prodigy/whatever. No major web search engines yet but webcrawler and altavista starting appearing. I remember realizing someone figured out how to unlock smoke with on MK3 using the code that you had to input on both player 1 and 2 and i started going around to arcades trying to find one that didn't have it unlocked and show it off that I knew how to do it.

Then MK4 was so bad, i figured it was going to kill the franchise (think it almost did for a while, 5 and up still weren't that great either)

I worked at a Bally Midway arcade, so we always had the newest builds and everything for the games. I was Ass. Manager and I wasn't allowed to mess with any of the settings and boards. It was kind of shitty, but I got to play that shit for free. We used to sneak friends in after hours and play from mall close at 10pm til like 4am.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Same. I was pretty lucky as a kid circa 1980's. We owned about 20 arcade/pinball machines and one of my neighbors used to fix arcade games and would bring me to his huge warehouse full of them so as soon as I could stand on a crate to reach the controls I was gaming.

Then as a teen a friend got managment at the local mall arcade and we would spend endless hours after it closed with our printed stacks of paper of all the combos for various fighting games and just crush people. I think I got $50 for first place at a fairly large Orlando tournament in the late 90's playing Soul Caliber and Tekken Tag and qualified for some tournaments out west, but they only offered like $200 compensation for room/airfare.

Now I'm old and those same tournaments pay thousands/tens of thousands and most arcades are either all retro games or shitty ticket/mobile games. *indian tear*

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
What kind of arcade sticks are out there these days that I could use on PS4 and PC? Don't really want anything high end just for this game, but I literally won't play a fighting game without one and I'm looking forward to this one

• 1Like