nice, Mortal Kombat 2021 will be rated R

bring on dem Sonja titties. and Goro too, for the ladies

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Who the fuck is Cole?

I know a surprising amount of mortal kombat mythos, the o.g. subzero died in MK 1, you would know this if you read the damn manual! His younger brother returned in MK 2 but looked exactly like the original, then they took his mask away in MK3, which is where I stopped caring so much because I never liked the predator dreadlock robots, and where the fuck was Scorpion?!?!?

Anyway o.g. subzero is resurrected as Tobias Bo...er Noob Saibot. Sub Zero in MK1 is a baddie, in MK2+ Sub Zero is good. O.G. Sub Zero murdered Scorpion's people, so Scorpion, now resurrected as an undead revenant of Hell (hence his teleport, and skull fatality) , wants to kill him (something something it was Quan Chi pulling the strings)

Cybsled

Cole isn't anyone in terms of the games. They'll probably just use him as the "everyman" or a movie specific character that gives them more freedom on how to use them, kind of like Alice in the Resident Evil movies.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like RE, you have ton of characters from the source material, so why in the fucking fuck you invent another one?
Just to be different?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like RE, you have ton of characters from the source material, so why in the fucking fuck you invent another one?
Just to be different?
Cole will the Trans activist who defeats its opponents by calling them racists and homophobes.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Just to be different?

Lots of advantages. You can do whatever the fuck you want with the character and don't have to be bound by pre-existing lore and/or agreements on what they can or cannot do with a character

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It would be nice if he was the protagonist but not the hero. I would have a ton of respect for the movie if he helped out the team but that it was a Liu Kang or Kung Lao champion.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Cole from the Infamous games in MK would be cool. Like a different version of Raiden.

j00t

Some reviewers got to see the first 13 minutes of the film, which seems to be hanzo hasashi (pre-scorpion) and family getting killed by sub-zero and people seem real happy with it so far.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was trying to come up with a theory where Cole ends up being a plant, or Tsang Sung in disguise, but I just dont see the way it works out

Cybsled

They could go with Quan Chi if they wanted to do a mind fuck.

But I think he’ll just end up being the “Everyman” in this

ohkcrlho

Lots of advantages. You can do whatever the fuck you want with the character and don't have to be bound by pre-existing lore and/or agreements on what they can or cannot do with a character
Llike Alice in RE movies and it sucked so bad.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"I think a lot of video game movies fail - this is just a theory, I could be wrong, but this is just my gut feel - because they don't respect the material enough," director Simon McQuoid tells us.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

I might have misunderstood someone's description of what they saw so far...

but I guess Raiden shows up while hanzo and sub-zero are fighting and takes hanzo's infant son before sub-zero is able to kill him. If that's true, then I'd wager that ends up being cole?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"I think a lot of video game movies fail - this is just a theory, I could be wrong, but this is just my gut feel - because they don't respect the material enough," director Simon McQuoid tells us.

Thats the symptom; shitty stories written by retards who dont know the IP.

The cause is studios buying up IPs to cash in on the brand name recognition or take advantage of whatever is currently popular which leads to shitty writers being given the job and no one caring about the shitty writing because the profit to be made wasnt from a well told story, but due to the smooth brains consoooming xyz movie simply because its named after their favorite game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Todd Garner (Producer, cuck) on why Johnny Cage isn’t in the movie.
64CF2031-4B0E-440E-928F-CA7A98EBA68B.jpeg

• 5Pathetic
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users