Mortal Kombat (2021)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dude. You knowing that factoid is a little scary.
naw, it was just a follow up video after watching the trailer, ed boon talks about the mk11 characters, he said there are over 80 characters now, dunno if he includes the 90s characters in that mix, rambo/t2/robobcop, but damn 80 is a lot

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
it better start with this

Some random asshole with too much free time on his hands already made the new trailer 100 X better

she was in Billy Madison and The Last Action Hero
bridgette-wilson-sampras-1.jpg

View attachment 332670
I preferred MK3 Kerri Hoskins, Sonya

Kerri-Hoskins-kerri-hoskins-43396097-350-250.gif

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Haven't been to the board in a bit, and here in the movie area we have guys debating the sabot penetration of monster scales and listing the incredibly detailed minutiae of Mortal Kombat lore.

So I will use this a second time:

1613789836866.png

Love you guys, seriously. Was an actual interesting read.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Dude. You knowing that factoid is a little scary.
wonder what you mean by that?
I mean, Ed Boon is Mortal kombat. Why is it scary that he knows who the creator, and lead dev of like every MK is? (and that he Voice acted a bunch of the characters.)

John Tobias was the art guy.

Dan Forden is "toasty". he is/was the sound guy for pretty much every MK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
since this thread i've just been playing the ost

fucking og song has almost 120m views

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Supposed Kabal was probably the most excited part of the trailer for me, but looks like he RIP to Liu Kang's dragon. Similar to what is seemingly Reptile, or a person of his race, getting his heart ripped out by Kano. I honestly wouldn't mind if a lot of the characters in the franchise end up being fodder cameos with some reasonability.

As far as Kano standing with the good guys, I feel like its trying to set up a betrayal twist.. esp if Kabal is in it. It'd be hard to imagine them not trying to include some reference to Black Dragon with those two.. and it would be a weird liberty to take out the Kano obsessions' over Sonya. Buuut inb4 they thought it was a good idea to mesh Cage and Kano as the comic relief.

Kane 100% betrays them in this movie since he has never been a good guy. The question is how far into the movie it happens and whether or not he lives since that would mean they are preparing a sequel.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If the somehow get a TOASTY! reference in that would be next level.

Cybsled

I just watched way too many Troll 2 clips on Youtube. Swear to god I need to have a surprise movie night and force my family to watch it .

Try to find the MST3K episode of it, will help you stomach that shit movie more than in its raw form lol

If the somehow get a TOASTY! reference in that would be next level.

Ya, there has to be that or a Friendship reference. Original MK had the Johnny Cage friendship finisher easter egg

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The "get over here" in the latest trailer I saw sounded different than the first one, and was basically the ed boon type guttural version but with an asian twist, lmao.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I do hope they're remixing that line. To be so far off from the iconic "Get over here!" is strange. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the fan edits where they dub it over with the arcade / original movie version.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
pretty sure "get over here" is just hiroyuki sanada saying it through a filter. which i'd much prefer than the classic ed boon audio.

Cybsled

Ya, it would be too jarring if the voice was completely different

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I guess that did come off as asking for the classic Ed Boon audio. Not paying attention or hearing Sanada talk much and not throughout as a character, it may make a lot more sense in context. I see what you're saying.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
As long as the spear isn't some weird demon thing that jumps out of his wrist like the other movie, I'm good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users