Mortal Kombat (2021)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What I mean by that was limit the use of magic to a greater degree, yes it is present in the franchise but this became Harry Potter with blood for a few scenes there. There should be much more focus on regular martial arts/fight choreography.

Let me guess, you were the kid that complained about people doing too many fireballs in a row and arguing that using the same moves was "cheap"

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And who ever thought that the characters should have to "unlock" their "special moves" is a colossal faggot.

When kano got so mad he shot a lazer beam out of his skull, I literally laughed. So fucking dumb.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Honestly based on the first scene, they would have been better off scrapping the tournament idea since they didn’t even do it, and just go 1995 Street Fighter and just have e movie be about the war between worlds using the game characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Sub Zero being evil in this fits the MK lore - 1st Sub Zero was Bi Han, who eventually becomes Noob Sabot. The Sub Zero in this one was Bi Han.

Good guy Sub Zero was after Bi Han was defeated.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sub Zero being evil in this fits the MK lore - 1st Sub Zero was Bi Han, who eventually becomes Noob Sabot. The Sub Zero in this one was Bi Han.

Good guy Sub Zero was after Bi Han was defeated.
yeah, it's a little frustrating when people are like, this movie sucked because subzero was a bad guy!

• 2Like

Animosity

“He’s gonna get his soul sucked!” Best line of the movie.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This movie is basically the polar opposite of the original. The original was really good actors and a pretty good script combined with dog shit special effects. This movie was mostly mediocre actors and a terrible script combined with amazing special effects.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This movie is basically the polar opposite of the original. The original was really good actors and a pretty good script combined with dog shit special effects. This movie was mostly mediocre actors and a terrible script combined with amazing special effects.

lol "really good script" 🤣

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure if the original is really better written. That movie is dumb as fuck also but it's entertaining in parts and had a memorable sountrack and sits in people's memories. Not sure how many people have watched it recently, but lets not pretend it's the godfather.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Kano was great, as were the Scorpion fights. OC Donutsteel was terribly unnecessary, and everything else was just kinda there. If they can get whoever choreographed the Scorpion fights to do the rest of the fight scenes (I'm just assuming that it was a different guy, based on the results) for the hypothetical sequel, then they might actually have something here.

• 1Mother of God

Cybsled

The original MK movie was pretty dogshit. Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung stole the show. Granted there wasn't a whole lot of MK lore, but Sub Zero died like a chump and Scorpion fight had that odd part where Johnny Cage ends up in some flame dungeon dimension and fights him (apparently that was added after test views wanted more Scorp fight).

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The original MK movie was pretty dogshit. Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung stole the show. Granted there wasn't a whole lot of MK lore, but Sub Zero died like a chump and Scorpion fight had that odd part where Johnny Cage ends up in some flame dungeon dimension and fights him (apparently that was added after test views wanted more Scorp fight).

That was supposed to be a call back to Scorpions teleport move. When he teleports, apparently its through the hell dimension. In the film, Scorpion was about to teleport as Cage was jump kicking him, so he got sucked into the Hell dimension with Scorpion

• 3Like

Jozu

The 95 MK was undoubtedly better than this.

Somehow 1995 Goro was also better than this version.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
like, i get it's popular to say ridiculous things nowadays, but i just can't get behind people saying that the acting, script and fighting in the original was better than the new one. i have a soft spot for the original like most people do but that has very little to do with the actual quality of the movie itself.

• 3Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
like, i get it's popular to say ridiculous things nowadays, but i just can't get behind people saying that the acting, script and fighting in the original was better than the new one. i have a soft spot for the original like most people do but that has very little to do with the actual quality of the movie itself.
The OG without a doubt had a better soundtrack and was probably better acted overall. But a better movie as a whole? No way.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The 95 MK was undoubtedly better than this.

Somehow 1995 Goro was also better than this version.

I was trying to figure out how a 25 year old puppet that took 11 people to operate and functionally broke down was better than CGI in 2021, but here we are.

Also, Kabal's perfect fucking Brooklyn accent ruined what was otherwise a pretty good looking and fighting character. How the fuck does your voice stay the exact same if you are forced into an iron lung (his words, not mine)?

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I really liked it, It was FUN. Stupid sure, But Fun.

I really had the perfect set up for this. Rainy Sunday afternoon, Had just watched the UFC 261, blazed a J and kicked back.

Lots to complain about, but why bother? just relax and take the ride.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Biggest issue is the unknown villains, aside from Sub Zero we got no information about any of them. Was really hard to care when they were fighting, like the the flying lady that got split in half. What was her powers other than kinda fast, they hinted at her being a banshee type but it never came into play.
In the sequels they also going to have to walk back how strong Sonya's projectiles are or she will just slaughter everyone.