Mortal Kombat (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
is that a recent thing?

IPT has always had cams in ample quantities

From the cams I saw, nobody wants to get slammed with negative feedback or get kicked out of whatever upload clique they've got going.

They're not clean as the cams I've seen in the past. I.E. Last Jedi.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So biggest complaint from reviews I've seen so far. There is no tournament in this movie, it's all a setup for a sequel.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
So biggest complaint from reviews I've seen so far. There is no tournament in this movie, it's all a setup for a sequel.

knowing this fact going in is probably a good thing so you don't set yourself up for disappointment

From the cams I saw, nobody wants to get slammed with negative feedback or get kicked out of whatever upload clique they've got going.

They're not clean as the cams I've seen in the past. I.E. Last Jedi.

Think the best cam i ever watched was Rise of Skywalker, only because I wanted to see how bad it really was without having to wait or pay money.

That being said I've only ever DL'd like two or three other cams ever, and the only other I can think off of the top of my head is the original Avengers. Now before you get all mad I had VERY good reason for it -- movie came out May 4th, we deployed April 30th. Thanks Russian cam man, you did the American armed forces a big solid that day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was bad 8(.

The opening sequence was pretty good quality, massive bloodbath action sequence.

Then the rest of the movie happened.

It's about what you'd expect from a Mortal Kombat movie I guess, although the character introductions and catchphrases were so forced I wouldn't be surprised to see a director with a gun to their head shouting 'SAY THE LINES !'.

The only character with any personality at all was Kano, the rest were pretty much cardboard cutouts.

The joke about spelling hit a little too on the nose to be funny ;p ( Along with other questions like, 'Why is it written in English ?' )

Only vaguely a spoiler but
'Hahaha, you can't defeat me, noone is really dead, they are all back for the sequel' is embarrassing writing for an 80's kids cartoon.

Apparently Sub-Zero's greatest weakness is that he has less knowledge of anatomy than the average three year old.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Holy fuck I am gay for Kano.

edit: Good movie. IMHO on par if not better than original MK. Though, will be interested to see how they play it out for the next movie since...

Kung Lao, Goro, Mileena, Kabal, and Kano are dead.

Sub Zero turning into Noob Saibot next movie? I THINK SO!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
the absolute worst is the fucking kids. kids running around during the movie. kids talking. kids messing with their phones. babies crying. i told this story before, when i saw Return of the King i had this sick baby behind me, crying and coughing the entire time. over 3 hours of that shit, there were no other seats i could go to because it was a packed theater, so for three hours i had to endure that fucking shit and i got fucking sick as a dog the next week.

Once I took my mom to see one of the Hobbit movies, first time in ages we'd gone to a movie and I was really looking forward to it even if those movies aren't great. Well, we had 3 teenagers a couple rows behind us who just wouldn't shut up. After a few minutes of this I stood up and shushed them...forcefully. Like acid probably flew out of my mouth. I have a bad temper and it was way worse back then. They barely made a peep for the rest of the movie, but it was now an uncomfortable experience.

I've never seen anybody else do what I did in a theater, maybe more people need to.

Oh, another thing that comes to mind: Saw Avengers Endgame in a theater and the ENTIRE THEATER was packed with kids and nobody shut up the entire time. It felt legitimately more like sports event or a wresting show. There would be a huge cheer every time anyone did anything cool, and the final battle had back and forth reactions like I was at Wrestlemania.

Well, if you're going to see a movie with obnoxious people, you may as well go all-in and pretend it's a wrestling event.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Once I took my mom to see one of the Hobbit movies, first time in ages we'd gone to a movie and I was really looking forward to it even if those movies aren't great. Well, we had 3 teenagers a couple rows behind us who just wouldn't shut up. After a few minutes of this I stood up and shushed them...forcefully. Like acid probably flew out of my mouth. I have a bad temper and it was way worse back then. They barely made a peep for the rest of the movie, but it was now an uncomfortable experience.

I've never seen anybody else do what I did in a theater, maybe more people need to.

Oh, another thing that comes to mind: Saw Avengers Endgame in a theater and the ENTIRE THEATER was packed with kids and nobody shut up the entire time. It felt legitimately more like sports event or a wresting show. There would be a huge cheer every time anyone did anything cool, and the final battle had back and forth reactions like I was at Wrestlemania.

Well, if you're going to see a movie with obnoxious people, you may as well go all-in and pretend it's a wrestling event.
I haven't been to a theater in eons. I'd probably lose my shit now because people are more rude and self absorbed now more than ever.

It should be legal to shoot noisy people.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Holy fuck I am gay for Kano.

edit: Good movie. IMHO on par if not better than original MK. Though, will be interested to see how they play it out for the next movie since...

Kung Lao, Goro, Mileena, Kabal, and Kano are dead.

Sub Zero turning into Noob Saibot next movie? I THINK SO!

Rewatch the first again and try not to cringe too hard. I loved it as a kid but it didn't age well. This is definitely better in a good amount of ways. Though the first had the amazing soundtrack going for it which definitely helps when comparing the two.

This wasn't short of it's own flaws in any way but I don't thing anyone expected some masterpiece out of this. The CGI in some places was great, in others, it was pretty shit, but mostly the blood splatters (which I hoped were just early cuts for the trailer but it was through the whole thing). But maybe a good splatter is difficult in CGI. At least Goro looked pretty good and some other stuff did too.

regarding spoiler:

Definitely got the Noob Saibot vibes the moment Sub-zero started shedding the armor and all blue seemed gone and he had a more black coloring mid-fight - Just with the origin of the name... Not sure how they're going to introduce him unless they just call him Bi-han kinda like they did in MK11 rather than Noob Saibot.

Though Speaking of names, at least they were self aware making fun of the misspelling of Mortal Kombat - Cole's only good line

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The beginning intro and title screen with the super 2011 blockbuster.mp3 symphony bullshit was WEAK AF. They should have definitely remixed the original techno MK song or something.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd. This was.....bad.

A 25 year wait.....for this? What the fuck lol wow.

The coolest sequence of the movie was Sub Zero freezing a chain linked fence and then watching it hit the ground and shatter everywhere. But seriously, there is SO MUCH lore to work with in the MK universe, like way more than enough for 3 movies, if not 4 or 5.I dont understand the repetitive, recycled, repurposed ideas that they have to go back to EVERY TIME.

Sub Zero being villainy?! OHHH MYYY GGGGAAAAAWWWDDDD!

Skorpion coming back to life? Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kano being a killer asshole with comedic one liners? Genius.

They literally had so many other, more interesting options, especially if they were rebooting the franchise. This was an uninteresting hour and a half of generic sewage. Fuck me, this HBO Max shit is getting kind of stale. If it wasnt for Dune coming I would unsub.

I knew it was a bad sign to come when Kung Lao and Lui Kang brought the fighter guy, Sonya and a few others to that training temple or whatever the fuck it was in order to "train" and unlock .....something?

I was NOT intrigued AT ALL. I wasnt interested in what was about to happen, I didnt care who was involved. And from there nothing landed, or even mattered. And Im a HUGE MK fan. I would be the guy giving it every excuse....but this shit...? Horrible.

Johnny Cage hint at the end was complete with 'Coming Soon' on the poster. LOL. I bet it isnt. This was so bad It shouldnt and probably wont get a sequel.

And WOW, the MK song everyone knows and loves that I mentioned at the beginning of this post was remixed at the end during the credits.....and LOL! It was worse than the fucking movie.

This is literally afterbirth levels of messy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've never REALLY liked kano in the games but he stole every scene he was in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

surprisingly, i dont do the whole librarian thing, if people want to talk to their buds during the movie, thats fine, just dont be obnoxious, just dont bring your fucking kids to R rated films they clearly cant handle. dont bring fucking babies to those movies and do not bring sick people who cough and choke during the film. there was that movie in the 90s called Outbreak where they showed the scene where one sick person in the theater was choking and infected everyone else during a movie.
that scene kinda fucked me up and after that i focused on it when i heard people choking in a theater. the plandemic isnt a factor to me. i was "woke" to germy people long before that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I admit it, I enjoyed the fuck out of this movie.

Heard positive things from the movie buffs. It's Mortal Kombat in the Mortal Kombat sense. Flaws and all, which are a historical part of the franchise.

Tomatometer is relatively accurate on this one I'd say.

Sterling

El Presidente
This movie is super fucking dumb. It's moderately entertaining while being super fucking dumb though. Don't particularly regret the almost 2 hours spent watching it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is super fucking dumb. It's moderately entertaining while being super fucking dumb though. Don't particularly regret the almost 2 hours spent watching it.
It is a movie based on a video game. What did you expect?

• 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess ur right. Maybe it isn't an awful movie perse, but it is...dumb as fuck.

Things just happen for reasons unknown. I get we aren't here for the riveting story, but fuck. This was for young teens I guess.