Mortal Kombat (2021)

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
This had the opportunity to be a great flick, just give us a fucking tournament. What a poor excuse for a movie. 3/10 for the beginning scene only.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not gonna lie.. I liked every second. I'm a horrible person.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This was ok. Would have been a lot better without Cole and his whole pointless additional story. I watched the original with my kid before this and he even said the old one was better so I don't think it is just nostalgia. It was just more fun.

I will watch a sequel and hope they do a tournament.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This wasn't good. Like 4/10. They REALLY dropped the ball here.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm just happy that a mortal Kombat movie finally demonstrated an understanding of what a FLAWLESS victory is. They keep saying it after the winner took a beating first.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Mediocre at best. Hanzo/Scorpion and Kano were the only good parts of this. Didn't give a shit about Cole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it but wanted Johnny Cage. So hope it gets a sequel.

• 3Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Part of movie experience is expectations. Going in and expecting this to be a bad video game movie results in you feeling ok about it because you laughed at a few preposterous moments and enjoyed some of the silly stuff. Going in and expecting it to be Shindler's List makes you a retard and that's on you. Objectively this is worse than a lot of other movies that were far more disappointing because of this.

• 3Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This was dumb but fun.

Worth watching just for Kano. That dude stole the show. The actor and character were both amazing.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just talked shit to some fucks going to see this at the theater who were saying, "I just paid $13 per ticket to see it on a big screen with Dolby Atmos", that I have at home, using access granted from my mother's account that she got for "free" being a uverse customer. So. Let's roll with my drunken active review here in a bit. After I finish this last beer. Stay tuned.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Kano stole the movie, almost all the rest wasn't very good. It wasn't cringe bad but it just wasn't good. I didn't like any other character really. SubZero and Scorpion felt like C-tier versions of their backstory and characters, SubZero especially was just a zombie. Shao Tsung was bland. Lord Raiden looked like he'd rather be playing mahjong. All the villains felt wasted. Sonya and Jax were fine but their bad guy pairings weren't that interesting. Its super weird they went out of their way to avoid an actual tournament and most of the fights were in a pit or ice warehouse.

At least I got to see it at home, I'd be way more pissed if I drove out to theaters to see this.

There is no mid credits or post credits scene so no reason to watch any of that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
One of my favorite things about video game movies is looking for the stupid shit they include as direct references to the games, like the overhead view scene in Warcraft or the first person in Doom. This did not disappoint.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite things about video game movies is looking for the stupid shit they include as direct references to the games, like the overhead view scene in Warcraft or the first person in Doom. This did not disappoint.
Walking up to the Stormwind flight point or the murlocks. But that movie was drenched in fan fare. The fact that Doom wasn't 100% first person did itself a disservice. I still heavily enjoyed both for what they were.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The scene with Kano being leg swept then doing the jump then getting swept again was hilarious to me. Jump looked straight out of MK1, and reminded me of doing that over and over to a friend while he hopped around in frustration.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They did alright here. Coulda been so much worse and you know it.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Dude I loved this movie. Cole almost ruins it though. Most pointless character in movie history. Only thing that pissed me off was goro going out like a bitch to that fuck face.

• 3Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I don't get scorpion armor ancestor thing. He should have become scorpion or possessed by him or something. They made up way too much shit there.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This movie had some moments but as mentioned above the Cole storyline sucks and wasnt needed. One word to describe this movie was it felt CHEAP.

Also I kept thinking Kano would tell Liu Kang at some point, "I dont know whether to fight you or fuck you."

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thats not a problem when the movie isnt bad, it flies right over your brain. Problem is when the writing/directing/acting is shit so you start picking everything apart.