Most memorable comic book moments

feezy_foh

shitlord
feezy said:
V for Vendetta:

When V finally dies and Evey is playing out in her mind who the man behind the mask is. One of the few times I was just in awe of how well written a comic book was. The whole time I wanted to know too, but at the same time I didn"t. Perfectly executed.
Scans.

feezy_foh

shitlord
feezy said:
Generation Next (Age of Apocalypse)

Was mentioned earlier. Colossus abandonds his students to certain death to save his sister...

X-Men: Omega (Age of Apocalypse)

Lots of great moments to wrap up my favorite X-Men storyline ever. Havoc killing Scott and Jean, and finally feeling like he"s won only to have Logan (weapon-x/wolverine) claw him a new one. Gambit having to put down Colossus after he goes insane and endangers the mission. I"d just say the whole book is amazing, from the artwork, to the dialog, even the fancy cover it"s in.
More.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The Ancient said:
Huh? You couldn"t be referring to the part when he bones Kitty...right?
Need to find a scan of the page where they were having sex and she phased and fell through the floor into the living room. That was funny.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The death and monologue of Jiraiya (can"t let this be an all-western thread!)

006.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saban said:
I want to get ahold of the house of M trade paperback so i can see when "No more mutants"
I still have no idea why they took away all the mutants. Anyone know why the writers did this?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Lyrical said:
I still have no idea why they took away all the mutants. Anyone know why the writers did this?
I thought it was something along this lines of "Over the last 50 years we have created about a million mutants. We need to reign it in." Plus it led to what I thought was a great run of New X-men (dealing with the fall out in a X-universe sense) and Endangered Specias/Messiah Complex (dealing with the fall out in the Marvel universe sense, even thought it is contained in the X books).

Plus it gave us Layla Miller, who was the only reason I read the X-factor books for those few months.

The 1st real beef that Spawn had with Malbolgia(sp?)

Hulk holding up a mountain in Secret Wars.

Lobo fighting Santa Clause.

Thanos beating everyones ass (Time,Eternity, Galactus etc.)

Todd Mcfarlane"s 1st Spider Man comic, just put everyone else to shame at the time.

Robyn getting blown up by Joker.

Burf_foh

shitlord
Dom Devore said:
This and Wolverine getting his Adamantium ripped out are the most memorable for me.
What"s the background on those comics with Colossus?
I was always a DC guy, but haven"t read any books in over a decade.

Dom_foh

shitlord
Burf said:
What"s the background on those comics with Colossus?
I was always a DC guy, but haven"t read any books in over a decade.
Colossus essentially killed himself to stop the Legacy virus by infecting himself with the cure to be patient 0 or whatever. Kitty and Peter had been in a relationship for quite a while and she took his death pretty hard. The sequence I posted was one where they were on what seemed to be a basic mission, and she had no inkling that he was brought back by Ord and kept in captivity for years.

Burf_foh

shitlord
I"m obviously very far out of my realm, since I have no idea about the Legacy virus or who Ord is. Guess it"s time for Wiki!

Dom_foh

shitlord
Burf said:
I"m obviously very far out of my realm, since I have no idea about the Legacy virus or who Ord is. Guess it"s time for Wiki!
It was a mutant specific virus that began to kill mutants across the board. This was quite a few years ago mind you, so yeah, you"re a wee bit behind

If you really want to catch up and don"t mind torrents, look around for the chronological x-men torrents.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Angerz said:
I thought it was something along this lines of "Over the last 50 years we have created about a million mutants. We need to reign it in." Plus it led to what I thought was a great run of New X-men (dealing with the fall out in a X-universe sense) and Endangered Specias/Messiah Complex (dealing with the fall out in the Marvel universe sense, even thought it is contained in the X books).

Plus it gave us Layla Miller, who was the only reason I read the X-factor books for those few months.
I know there were millions of mutants, but this was balanced by the fact that only a few hundred had a decent amount of power. I mean, you had mutants that barely had any powers, but looked different. Given these reasons, I just don"t understand why Marvel would erase 30 years of canon. Also, I just didn"t believe that the Scarlet Witch could rewrite reality. In the early days of Avengers, she used to be one of the weakest members. Now she can rewrite reality on a planetary level with just a twitch of her nose? Lame.

House of M was one of my least favorite crossover series (if not the least).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The death of Captain America:Maybe it would mean something if he hadn"t died three times in the last ten years!

Dom_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
I know there were millions of mutants, but this was balanced by the fact that only a few hundred had a decent amount of power. I mean, you had mutants that barely had any powers, but looked different. Given these reasons, I just don"t understand why Marvel would erase 30 years of canon. Also, I just didn"t believe that the Scarlet Witch could rewrite reality. In the early days of Avengers, she used to be one of the weakest members. Now she can rewrite reality on a planetary level with just a twitch of her nose? Lame.

House of M was one of my least favorite crossover series (if not the least).
It didn"t really erase much of anything when it came down to it. If you think back to it, the mutant population grew up to close to something like 10 million or so during the period leading up to House of M events. It was getting ridiculously stupid. I mean, there were entire sections of New York dedicated to them, let alone Genosha. It negated the whole "minority fighting for survival" aspect that the X series were all about.

When M happened barely any of the core mutants were affected, all the X -team characters survived, it was just the huge surplus that disappeared as well as some of the C list mutants that hadn"t appeared in an issue for years.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dom Devore said:
It didn"t really erase much of anything when it came down to it. If you think back to it, the mutant population grew up to close to something like 10 million or so during the period leading up to House of M events. It was getting ridiculously stupid. I mean, there were entire sections of New York dedicated to them, let alone Genosha. It negated the whole "minority fighting for survival" aspect that the X series were all about.

When M happened barely any of the core mutants were affected, all the X -team characters survived, it was just the huge surplus that disappeared as well as some of the C list mutants that hadn"t appeared in an issue for years.
I see your reasoning, but I don"t like the method. Ten million mutants does sound like alot, but having the Scarlet Witch be the method of change is another. They could have written a better solution, like have the Sentinels go on a rampage or have the Purifiers come up with some master plan to wipe out all mutants.

All in all, I am not a big fan of making heroes that have a great track record of heroism into these huge mass-murdering psychoes (like with Hal Jordan). Scarlet Witch has been a good guy forever, yet all of the sudden she starts killing Avengers (in Avengers Disassembled) and erasing ten million mutants? I just don"t buy that as good writing.

It just seems like they could have found a better way to reduce the number of mutants.