Most memorable comic book moments

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
MrGraham said:
More recommendations on runs to read?

What do I search to find the plotline where Colossus dies for the Legacy Virus?

I"ve read -
X-Cutioner"s Song
Age of Apocalypse
Onslaught
Phalanx Covenant
The Ultimates (Avengers)
All of the Infinity Gauntlet series (this was too ... out there for me.)
A good chunk of Deadpool

I"m currently working on -
Planet Hulk / WWH / Aftersmash
Preacher
Civil War

I prefer staying in Marvel.

Edit - and nothing ongoing, complete story arcs.
Annihilation Saga
Annihiliation Conquest
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Identity Crisis
Infinite Crisis
Final Crisis
Secret Wars
Secret Wars II
WWIII

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Annihilation Conquest was garbage in my opinion and can be skipped. The original Annihilation Saga was an epic in itself. I"d suggest trying to read Meltdown. That was a great 2 part comic.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any Thor fans should pick up the Ancient Asgard trilogy. Not sure it"s an official trilogy or just three one shots that fit together, but I guess there"s no difference. It"s

Thor: Ages of Thunder
Thor: Reign of Blood
Thor: Man of War

Tells the story of why Odin banished Thor from Asgard and made him live as Donald Blake. Basically he was a real cocky prick and Odin got sick of his bullshit. So he armored up and whipped his ass, then sentenced him to learn some humility and humanity. It"s quite well done and we don"t often get to see Thor being a true asshole. Came out last year.

damastez_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
Is anyone else going to post some memorable moments?
Planet / World War Hulk,....all of it.
wwh003cl7.jpg

423245025_ca679482a0.jpg

09xk8.jpg

world-war-hulk-20070316093223858.jpg

423245025_ca679482a0.jpg

world-war-hulk-20070316093223858.jpg

damastez_foh

shitlord
If you want something relatively new, check out Wolverine: Old Man Logan. Set in the future, evil forces of the marvel universe have aligned and defeated the "good" guys. They divided up the U. S. among them, and Wolverine chose not to fight in the cataclysmic war, and has been relatively invisible since those events.

oldmanlogankillgambit.jpg

WOL_67.jpg

OldManLogan01.jpg

WOLV072_cov.jpg

The art is great, and it"s fun to see the bad guys win once in a while.

oldmanlogankillgambit.jpg

OldManLogan01.jpg

WOLV072_cov.jpg

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Both of those scenes in recent history were very awesome. Best parts of both series/events. Another memorable scene is in the HORRIBLE Ultimatum story where the Blob eats Wasp alive and then Henry Pym picks up Blob and bites off his head.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Archaic issue #5. When Kosice Drakonov"s friend/protector/only acquaintance is slain he unleashes his power unknowingly and burns out his own eyes in the process.

Absolutely badass series that never got finished=/ God damned shame, dunno if they"re ever planning on picking back up or what.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"Do you know what a clitoris is yet?"

Only time a think a comic has actually made me laugh out loud.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
didn"t see it mentioned elsewhere in the thread, so here"s Hal Jordan"s last hurrah as Parallax. Out of all the crap that came out of superman"s death and return, I thought Hal Jordan going nuts was pretty good, although there are large parts of it that I haven"t read, so I could be wrong. At any rate, I"ve always been a major sucker for the redemption of the bad guy, especially the selfless sacrifice. Here is the last third of the ending to The Final Night.

damastez_foh

shitlord
Hank Pym has had 2 recent memorable comic book moments, first in Old Man Logan, when they are driving across the country, Logan asks Hawkeye why they called the road Pym Falls:

Wolvie_71_Oroboros_DCP_022-23.jpg

Secondly, in Ultimates 3, shortly after biting the head off of the Blob, Madrox makes a million copies of himself and starts suicide bombing shit up:

ultimatum3page17.jpg

Wolvie_71_Oroboros_DCP_022-23.jpg

ultimatum3page17.jpg

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
Reading Civil War series now. Questions:

1) What happened to Jean Grey? I guess she"s been gone a while for Scott to be with Emma? Did she die in M-Day?
2) What"s up with Archangel? His wings are real and his blood has "healing powers"?
3) Where is Xavier? I assumed he was dead but then we see him at Ororo"s wedding?
4) How did Wolverine get an adamanatium skeleton again?

Peacecraft_foh

shitlord
MrGraham said:
Reading Civil War series now. Questions:

1) What happened to Jean Grey? I guess she"s been gone a while for Scott to be with Emma? Did she die in M-Day?
2) What"s up with Archangel? His wings are real and his blood has "healing powers"?
3) Where is Xavier? I assumed he was dead but then we see him at Ororo"s wedding?
4) How did Wolverine get an adamanatium skeleton again?
1. dunno, Jean dies so often that her deaths have started to blur together in my mind.Jean Grey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediais the last time I remember her dying but Wiki says she came back a couple times so I"m not too sure.

2. I think his metal wings can take the form of his real wings now and his healing powers are a result of his secondary mutation that some writer decided to randomly give him.

3. dunno

4. Apocalypse makes Wolverine fight against Sabertooth, who has an adamantium bonded skeleton at this point, in order to see which one would be his next Horseman of Death. Wolverine agrees to the fight because he knows that Sabertooth would actually enjoy being set loose as a killing machine and Wolverine thinks that he might be able to resist it. He beats Sabertooth and Apocalypse takes Sabertooth"s adamantium and rebonds it to Wolverine"s skeleton.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Peacecraft said:
Xavier"s on an extended hiatus from the X-men after he knowlingly put the entire team in danger after the danger room gained sentience. Cyclops is team leader and is extremely disinfranchised with Charles for a) putting the team in such grave danger and b) forcing the danger room computer to continue to be a "slave" when Charles knew it was a living being.

At least I think that"s the situation during Civil War. That X-Men run was like 20 comics over 5 years.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The Ancient said:
Xavier"s on an extended hiatus from the X-men after he knowlingly put the entire team in danger after the danger room gained sentience. Cyclops is team leader and is extremely disinfranchised with Charles for a) putting the team in such grave danger and b) forcing the danger room computer to continue to be a "slave" when Charles knew it was a living being.

At least I think that"s the situation during Civil War. That X-Men run was like 20 comics over 5 years.
Xavier was in space during the Civil war (after the events you mentioned). The Rise and Fall of the Shi"ar empire is the arc.

And another big chunk of the X-men was in Breakworld I think (Astonishing X-men).

Despite having almost no presence in the Civil war, the X-men series has my favorite scene. When Ms. Marvel comes to the mansion and asks for help. Emma promptly asks where the "superheroes" were when M-day happened and where they were when their children were being buried left and right from terrorist attacks. Pretty much tells Ms. Marvel to fuck right off with her Civil war after all the shit the mutants had been through in the year leading up to it.