Most memorable comic book moments

fucker said:
so, about Thanos Imperative: the last time i"ve read something about him was when he died at the end of Annihilation

is there something else to read about him before TI ?
Doesn"t Thanos Imperative #1 show him coming back to life? I"m pretty sure he has just been dead since Annihilation.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
darkblue said:
Well, here it is for those who are interested. Works best with Chrome, since it"s in Google Docs.

Some things...
1. Will update over time
2. Haven"t read 126 and onwards, so not 100% certain it all "fits"
3. No... this isn"t all of the Marvel trades, just the ones we found interesting and actually connects into the major events.
4. It"s impossible to fit everything perfectly with trades, so this is just what we feel is the "best" lineup.
5. Let me know if anything is wrong or if you have any questions.

Marvel Comics Trades
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=COa5zKIL

Edit: For some reason it"s seems like you need to be logged in with your Google account in order to see the "time-line arrows", don"t know why.
Awesome, thanks. Best guess is all I can really ask, as I"d be going in blind for the most part. Now to find some time to read some of them.

So Batman 704, Batman The Return 1 and BAtman Inc 1, came out and explained what the Bat Family will be doing from here out.

And goddamnit, it looks awesome

Greyson & Daimien stay on as Batman & Robin in Gotham, while Bruce is "international" Batman and runs around setting up recruiting people for Batman Inc across the globe.

And Catwoman is out in Japan hanging out with Bruce-bat and doing cool stuff.

I had my doubts, but damnit, it looks good.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Invincible somehow manages to stay awesome no matter where Kirkman takes the story.

And I love that they made the supebig ultra bad guy basically Freddie Mercury.

Ummm, possible spoiler alert here I guess. Not that we"ve bothered in this thread.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
When Invincible mentions he beat Conquest and the Vilrumites took a shit and were like "HE beat him?" is when I finally realized how strong Conquest was. He didn"t seem like the second strongest Vilrumite but when that was cleared I was like "Mad respect, Invincible. You beat that fucker twice."

Now he just needs to take on Freddy Mercury. I hope he wins. This comic is filled with so much win.

Caliane

Man, that page is such a great example of how to break panel borders properly. I see so many that don"t know how and when. That panel looks practically 3d.

Guts_foh

shitlord
That was epic but I was kinda bugged that it wasnt that big of a deal when Oliver died. Invinxible and his dad wasnt even that pissed and were just telling everyone that invincible killed conquest. He should have went beserk like when conquest killed his gf.

Leviothan_foh

shitlord
Guts said:
That was epic but I was kinda bugged that it wasnt that big of a deal when Oliver died. Invinxible and his dad wasnt even that pissed and were just telling everyone that invincible killed conquest. He should have went beserk like when conquest killed his gf.
Oliver is dead? I thought it took way more than a torn arm and broken jaw to kill a Vilrumite. Didn"t Invincible get his organs ripped out and he still survived? I highly doubt Oliver is dead and if anything, that tech robot dude (forgot his name but the guy in space with them during the fight) can put him on life support since his suit is OP as fuck.

Guts_foh

shitlord
Arent they holding their breath in space. If he was still alive hed be unconsious and dead from lack of oxygen. Ya his only way of living is from tech jacket. It"d be interestin to see Oliver with a bionic arm and jaw.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The door is so wide open for ways to have Oliver live or come back. He"s half Viltrumite so crazy durable and heals like a motherfucker, he"s half ant person so maybe he heals even faster because of the shorter lifespan. He might be dead, but I"d say it"s a coin toss at best right now.

Also, the dramatic yelling and shit doesn"t work so good when everyone has to communicate telepathically(or whatever it is).

The other recent comment on Conquest to show you how scary he was happened when a few of them were talking about him disappearing and one of the Viltrumites says

"Conquest took down three of them and disappeared... I"ll count that as a win. I hope that crazy bastard never shows up."

So basically, the strongest people in the universe were scared of one of him. Just a shame we"ll never see Conquest vs. Battle Beast...because that would be fucking epic.

I love the art on this book, and I usually go for the more realistic/artsy type stuff(my Alex Ross mancrush is well documented), but the bold outlines here always look so great with the bright colors and easy to follow action. No one out there does fight scenes as well right now.Invinciblecharacters *feel* super powerful in a way most comics just can"t convey.

And just because he really is a terrifying badass, a little more Mr. Mercury.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Invincible is very good. It is well written and does an excellent job of subverting some superhero tropes at the same time it is embracing others wholeheartedly. If you have any interest in comics at all Invincible is an easy recommendation to make.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meppe said:
What"s the scoop on Space Freddy Mercury? Genuinely interested in knowing(never read or heard of Invincible).
It"s just....it"s what a superhero comic should be. It"s fun and funny, it"s serious and emotional(more fun than serious though), it"s full of twists and turns and not every villain is OMGEVIL! There"s shades of gray and moral conundrums. And on top of all that the art is gorgeous and the action is done better than anything else out there.

It"s probably the only book out there where I"d seriously wonder about any comic fan who had a negative opinion of it. Besides maybe someone squeamish I guess, it does get a bit gory with the fight scenes.

People(mostly me) giving Invincible love.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Invincible is indeed good shit, cannot wait for the next issue. I really like how violence is portrayed. Such a corny comic with constant dismemberment and disembowelment.

It does look like Oliver is a goner.

Well shit. Sounds like I missed out on something. Time to catch up I suppose!
If you wiki it you will miss out on some good reveals. Just read it blind.

Zinke_foh

shitlord
I"m doing that now.. around issue 25 or so. I guess I have some things spoiled just by the last few posts/pictures, but that"s fine. It"s still an awesome comic so far.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of like jumping on a comic after it"s got a couple years under it"s belt. When I get in to brand new stuff I always end up tailing off because I forget about it while waiting for new issues. But if I have a backlog of 30 or so issues to plow through when I first get in to it really sticks with me.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
I do the exact same thing, sadly I fucked up and read some of the newer Invincible before starting at the beginning. Then quit many months ago and just caught up with the most recent 5-6 issues.

I only buy TPB"s as well barring some exceptional circumstances.

Felonius_sl

shitlord
So I recently started getting into comic books again for the first time in 14 years. I wanted to catch up on all the Batman shit thats been going on. I went big or went home, well I guess I did both. I bought about a hundred dollars worth of Batman graphic novels yesterday... and then went home.

Spoilered my current read list because some have plot points that I liked/hated.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
  • Long Halloween -I haven"t read this one yet, but is apparently a really good story (would like to know more without spoilers if anyone can, and I am told its followed by dark victory, which again I"d love to know a little more about).
  • Hush -Amazing, literally the best batman comic I"ve ever read. It was detective work, it was action, it had romance. Yeah I"m gay for a good Batman story.
  • Heart of Hush -Didn"t like it as much as Hush, but it gave some back story to Hush. However the whole romance fizzling out killed it for me. I wanna see Batman get the girl. There is also a reference to this being the 3rd fight between Batman and Hush... I can"t for the life of me find anywhere that mentions the 2nd fight, so if anyone knows about that hit me up.
  • Batman: RIP -Kind of a lame story to be honest. Only cool part was the Joker going crazy on the black glove.
  • Final Crisis Collected -Haven"t read it yet, but will be tonight.
  • Battle for the Cowl -Also have yet to read but after RIP i"m not looking forward to it.
  • Gotham City Sirens 1-14 (Union/Song) -These are on back order right now, but this is probably my most interested storyline. My favorite characters in the DC universe besides Batman are probably Selina/Harleen. Anyone care to shed some light on these without ruining said stories would be awesome.

I"ve also took 2 other dc novels from my brother, one being Kingdom Come which was pretty good and Arkham Asylum: Serious House. Serious House was "alright" but the drawings and the lack of plot points (instead they use the pictures to tell the story, which I can"t stand). I want a superhero comic that reads like a book. The pictures are important to me to convey ideas and images, but the writing is what makes it for me... which is probably why Serious House didn"t do it for me.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should probably check outThe Killing Joke. Joker origin story basically. Good shit, and I read it"s what Heath Ledger used as a baseline for his portrayal of the Joker.