Motorcycle Thread

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Put a new clutch in on the weekend and had it on the dyno today.. Tuned the boost up to 10 psi and it makes 155.9 HP at the wheel.. Pretty happy with a 1989 750cc engine holding together..
IMG_20190307_173309.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Given a pure highway commute with the job change, and the new bike. Was looking at upgrading and dipping into more serious gear. Was about to order a full leather race suit, but talked myself out of it. Even a sorta value one at $800 was pricey and presented some challenges. Unless I figure out a very secure method of carrying a duffel, I would probably have issues carrying all my uniform/gear/lunch/misc all in just a backpack and side cases due to sizes. (Duty belt and vest alone don't fit into bag well.) That leaves me having to change at work too which isn't my favorite. Up until now, the gear from my old job fit under my joe rocket heavy jacket and tourmaster pants. (just barely on pants). Course it made me look like a fat potato when I'm slim.

So I think I've opted to instead just upgrade all the armor pads in my gear to level 2 pads and take the $$$ savings from no suit and throw it into maybe fancier gloves and boots.

I'm torn between these 2 gloves. (or also maybe "Racer High speed" something or anothers from review vids) Like the cortech and the slider pads, on other hand seems like the dainese might have enough worthy improvements for the extra $40.

Cortech Adrenaline 3.0 RR Gloves - RevZilla

Dainese Steel Pro Gloves - RevZilla

Sludig

Put a new clutch in on the weekend and had it on the dyno today.. Tuned the boost up to 10 psi and it makes 155.9 HP at the wheel.. Pretty happy with a 1989 750cc engine holding together..
View attachment 197333
Terrifying. Cops dont hassle you about lights? I'd love to see my h2 last even 1/4 as long given I'm commuting on it.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Terrifying. Cops dont hassle you about lights? I'd love to see my h2 last even 1/4 as long given I'm commuting on it.
Nope hardly ever get pulled over.
It does have lights, the black cover above the intercooler is where they hide.
1 on each side, also under the race plate is a light bar so technically there is a light at the front :)

I tried to run 12PSI but the AFR started to go bad so i backed out and turned it back down to 10. Shame as i really want to run 14.7psi or 1 BAR ... mathematically that is 190hp at the wheel and i can say "i've got a bar" hehe

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Damn rain ruining the track season openers.

And closing down all the OHRV parks at the same time.

Sludig

My biggest challenge right now is getting a bigger lean on. I need to borrow someones 250cc bike to get more gnarly with. According to the H2's lean monitor best I've gone is 25degree's. Scared to do a track day and be the tard going 30 around the corners.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That’s exactly why you do a track day. Push the comfort zone and follow people so you can see what’s possible. I would recommend doing it on a different bike than the H2 though.

There might be some bike rental outfits that follow trackdays around where you are, but they are kinda pricey. Ususally triple the cost of the day but if you get the insurance, it’s not your bike sliding down the track if you mess up.

Sludig

I'm leaning towards some private 1:1 time. closed track before I even do just an open track day I think.

I have poor balance on foot, and just getting that far over fucks with me. I've watched people drag elbow and knee on an h2 in vids so I know it's very possible, I'm just chickenly. Clearly a turbo busa at heard since I just like straight lines and soft curves.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm leaning towards some private 1:1 time. closed track before I even do just an open track day I think.

I have poor balance on foot, and just getting that far over fucks with me. I've watched people drag elbow and knee on an h2 in vids so I know it's very possible, I'm just chickenly. Clearly a turbo busa at heard since I just like straight lines and soft curves.
I’m not aware of anything like what you’re after that isn’t absurdly (Saudi prince renting a track for the day himself) expensive.

Even the Yamaha champions rider school or Rickdiculous training are multiple people on track at once and those are usually $1,500 and up a day for coaching and a bike rental.

I’m a bit spoiled out here in that there’s a bike rental organization that follows a lot of the trackdays I do around and rents out ninja 300s and 400s (small bikes are tons of fun).

You’ll be fine at a well run open track day. The groups are divided into competency generally with control riders from the organization riding around to usually give instruction or pull people out of groups they don’t belong in (I.e. bump people up from c group). I can go to any of the local 4 providers to me and get 1 on 1 coaching from their staff for free all day generally. That’s the the control riders are there to do and what justifies them getting free track time.

Sludig

I’m not aware of anything like what you’re after that isn’t absurdly (Saudi prince renting a track for the day himself) expensive.

Even the Yamaha champions rider school or Rickdiculous training are multiple people on track at once and those are usually $1,500 and up a day for coaching and a bike rental.

I’m a bit spoiled out here in that there’s a bike rental organization that follows a lot of the trackdays I do around and rents out ninja 300s and 400s (small bikes are tons of fun).

You’ll be fine at a well run open track day. The groups are divided into competency generally with control riders from the organization riding around to usually give instruction or pull people out of groups they don’t belong in (I.e. bump people up from c group). I can go to any of the local 4 providers to me and get 1 on 1 coaching from their staff for free all day generally. That’s the the control riders are there to do and what justifies them getting free track time.
CO from what I've seen is lacking in any "real" tracks. We do have a mainly dirtbike pit/track near me that has a tiny track advertised for motorcycles that is more of a go cart track. But for small bikes it works. There's a MSF guy who is also some form of former/current racer that teaches classes for like $600 I think that are 1:1 or maybe it was 2-3 people.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
CO from what I've seen is lacking in any "real" tracks. We do have a mainly dirtbike pit/track near me that has a tiny track advertised for motorcycles that is more of a go cart track. But for small bikes it works. There's a MSF guy who is also some form of former/current racer that teaches classes for like $600 I think that are 1:1 or maybe it was 2-3 people.
Looks like High Plains Raceway is it, but I don't know what I'm looking for in your state. That's a bit of a shame. What would the $600 guy going to teach you and where?

Sludig

Sludig Sludig Next 48 hours sound nice :emoji_astonished:
Luckily I had test outs this week and only worked sun/monday and not back until next sunday bwaahah.

Did make a run up to fort collins to fix some evidence I logged wrong on the h2. Alllllmost done with break in and able to do my valve service before tuning it etc. Hit 125 on a clear stretch at like 7,500 rpm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Adding this to my 'to buy' list once I've taken over the world, figure it will done by about then :p

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I have reunited with my old BMW. Friend who bought it from me didn't want it anymore, $4500 later it is in my garage again. Not totally sure I'll keep it but is worth more than $4500 probable more like $7000 if you are patient with it.It is pretty well setup for living in Colorado tho. Zega Pro cases, GPS mount, bash plate, needs new ties. I used it mostly for commuting and camping. Photo is old, day after I bought her in 2011.

• 1Worf