Motorcycle Thread

lurkingdirk

<Donors Crew>
18d 20h 40m
Reactions
4,901 1,057 0 0
Castor wheels never change direction that smoothly, and how would you mount the castors to make them that easy to get the bike onto them?

Sludig

<Donors Crew>
19d 14h 53m
Reactions
1,680 336 0 0
Neat stands, though my dillema is how the fuck to get my front wheel off the H2 for tire changes. The amount of weight to balance it onto the rear wheel while on the center stand feels kinda risky to me. Most front stands I don't see how they could allow the room to remove the front wheel at the same time. No ceiling rafters for hanging/balancing it on the center stand that way.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Donors Crew>
13d 8h 5m
Reactions
1,433 46 0 0
To remove the front wheel you have four options: hang from the rafters, lift under the engine, centre stand or a front stand that pins under the triple tree.

It all feels some variation of sketchy.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Donor All-Stars>
5d 13h 11m
Reactions
907 201 0 0
To remove the front wheel you have four options: hang from the rafters, lift under the engine, centre stand or a front stand that pins under the triple tree.

It all feels some variation of sketchy.
For front end work on a bike I would always go for an engine lift (cherry picker) with a strap around the triple tree.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Donor All-Stars>
29d 8h 39m
Reactions
1,374 521 0 0
Pitbull has a hybrid front stand I think you could mostly feel comfortable with. It can lift from lower forks, triple tree, or both at the same time.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
<Donors Crew>
20d 8h 50m
Reactions
1,781 120 0 0
I do 90% of my wheel changes with an under the fork lift stand. Unless you're pushing on your bike a lot from the side, having the rear off the ground on a spool type stand is really stable. The head pin stand is also nice because you need it to do any fork servicing, but it's a bit slower to get on to the bike and that's what really matters at a track day.

Hybrid Forklift - Motorcycle Front Stand

lurkingdirk

<Donors Crew>
18d 20h 40m
Reactions
4,901 1,057 0 0
Last time I changed my front tire I strapped a few cement blocks to the back end of the bike and did it on the center stand. I guess that's not cool.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Donors Crew>
13d 8h 5m
Reactions
1,433 46 0 0
My under the fork stand is a flimsy piece of shit. I never tried removing my wheel while my bike is standing on it, figured that would be pushing my luck a bit but thinking about it the bike is actually pretty stable with the rear stand on spools.

I always used either a under engine lift or hanging off the rafters depending on the headers.

I might give it a shot next time I need the wheel off.

Comrade Araysar

Russian Turdgod
<Banned>
Reactions
54,262 4,901 0 0
did some testing today

my left rear turn signal will light up when i turn it on, but it will stay a solid color (no blinking) UNLESS I rev the engine and then it will go out as the engine is revved and then come right back to a solid color afterwards.

front left blinker wont do anything, so im guessing its the bulb

thots?