Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At first look I thought it said Last Bite. Wheew thankfully it's just a bike.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Great video, never even heard of Bombardier till now outside of his inventions.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Will do.

Here is the other side with the open stacks.

BMW-K100-Cafe-Racer-26.jpg
Is that a flat 8 cylinder engine??? Needs a turbo on each bank!!!
I like the Yamaha better though.. Cafe racers should be bare bones, little and light. The bmw's look like electric bikes to me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is that a flat 8 cylinder engine??? Needs a turbo on each bank!!!
I like the Yamaha better though.. Cafe racers should be bare bones, little and light. The bmw's look like electric bikes to me.

I think it's just a 4cyl, not sure about orientation. To each their own, I think it's sex.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think it's just a 4cyl, not sure about orientation. To each their own, I think it's sex.

It's an inline 4 cylinder laid on its side. There hasn't been any mass produced 8 cylinder motorcycles for a long time because it's just too much to package into a motorcycle frame for the most part. Even 6 cylinder bikes are uncommon, with the major ones being the Honda Goldwing, BMW 1600 6 cylinder, and the old Honda CBX.

Those old K bikes are good candidates for mods, I think they're still cheap to buy, the engines are stone axe reliable and there's a lot of cool stuff you can do. That bike you linked being a good example. My advice would just be to not go so far in the looks dept as to make it such a chore to ride that all it does is sit in the garage because you don't want to put up with it even though it looks pretty.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Out of curiosity I checked prices on the K100, can get them for $1-3k. The engine if it hasn't just been sitting forever will just keep on going and going and going.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Over the last couple of weeks they repaved almost every road around me with the stupid loose gravel on hot tar method. Makes riding just awful. There's about 2 miles in every direction that now has loose gravel roads before I can get anywhere.

I am dissapoint.

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Over the last couple of weeks they repaved almost every road around me with the stupid loose gravel on hot tar method. Makes riding just awful. There's about 2 miles in every direction that now has loose gravel roads before I can get anywhere.

I am dissapoint.

That sucks, I haven't seen it used here in Colorado yet but back Oregon that shit was so fucking annoying.

Hekotat

So, what's wrong with it? Does it run?

Needs the fuel pump replaced which came with the bike. frame is straight, seat is torn, no dents, paint is rough, all electrics works, bike turns over but no start. Most of that shit is getting pulled off and placed on ebay or trashed, as well as new paint. I don't think I could have done better for the price.

The dude had 7 other k100s in his shop and was very knowledgeable, I felt pretty confident in the purchase.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
nice find. I keep reading more about the K100 here and there. Love that people call it the flying brick.

Hekotat

nice find. I keep reading more about the K100 here and there. Love that people call it the flying brick.

Yeah I never heard of the damn thing til I started looking into cafe racers. Really interesting design.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

interesting helmet. Can preorder now for 799 aud which is $550 us or so. I'm seriously thinking of getting one, price is really good if it is as they say at delivery.

coupon: testpilot2019

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Call me dubious. That's awful cheap to still be a quality helmet mixed with that much electronics if they are any good. Especially given it's a start up that is going to have a lot of rnd to recoup.

About ready to replace my shoei RFSR. Never really loved it, maybe just new pads would be a good refresher. But kinda like the arai signet I think. Long oval is what I think I need with my big beak. Then again this year the scorpion 1400 or something like that seems to match the big boys in most ways for a nice cheap penny. (Has a carbon version too, though given I am mostly doing 80mph highway, noise is one of my bigger concerns)