Motorcycle Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
HD announced this week they are canning their electric bike project. $35,000 for a bike that had 100 mile range or 150 depending on where you looked. I think HD is going to realise one day their target audience is dying off over time.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
It's a matter of head geometry as well. Shoei helmets fit me nicely and I had the... X-900 and XR-1000? Something like that. Great helmets.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been using my Schuberth C3 Pro for 6-7 years now, love it. I am more than likely going to switch to the new Klim Krios Pro once I can try one out for fitment. The Koroyd tech seems pretty legit. Can sorta switch between an ADV style to Street fairly ok pending on what/where you are riding.

Krios-Pro-ADV_08.jpg

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I guess Kawasaki is bringing back the zx25r.. 249cc with an i4 setup. Unfortunately might not come stateside.

I just want the Aprilia rs660 to hit production already :c

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The useful powerband of i4 250 sounds like a pain in the ass to live with outside of a track environment.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Idk, I'd imagine it could still be fun in a series of twisties.. my immediate mind goes to this mad lad on an R3.. I thoroughly enjoy the nimbleness of the smaller classes, i'll still fire up the 250 every few weeks to just go joyride and fuck off.

I think the main concern I am reading is the price, pretty much the original reason the zx2r didn't do well in the early 90's.

edit; ended up grabbing a beer with the dad and brought it up to him, since he his a small bike enthusiast haha.. and his imagination of it, is it scary with that extra power on such a small bike.. Having had pushed a 250 to about 120-ish myself, although the struggle.. could the i4 alleviate that strain and just making it slightly smoother pushing the top end. I know moving into the apex on a 250 feels amazing since its twitcher, but leaving it feels much better on a 600 and a litre. Other than that, we talked about issues in the US with emissions? the power of a small block can only be so much, which could be adjusted aftermarket? but that might be a big prevention from seeing it state side, also seems like its heavily marketed toward the Southern Asian regions where having a 600 or even litre is just stupid.

Other than that, in typical dad fashion; he talked to me about a Gilera he once owned back in the day. Four stroke, single cylinder.. I believe he said 149cc but that I needed to look it up because it sounds super unique..

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

So we've got Ducati making mountain bikes and now Aston Martin bringing out a motorcycle. Weird days, interesting but weird.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Goes hand in hand why I'm very leery of ordering anything off from amazon anymore. tourniquets for public safety and many other type of products will get sold at close to full price or the more obvious big discounts, and you end up with fake products.

I always weep when on cheaper bike groups (ninja 400) you get the tards asking about $80 helmets etc hoping someone will tell them it's fine when they already know better.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, glad I keep my online purchases to just a couple spots I trust. Mainly Revzilla but use Twisted Throttle, Touratech and a place called Hermy's for Triumph stuff.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
New V Strom looks pretty fantastic

This Husky Norden 901 concept also looks incredible, definitely needs to be made:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Looks pretty kick ass but for $120k it better damn well.

aston-martin-amb-001-salon_hd.jpg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The ducati Desert X concept might be my favorite thing from EICMA this year. Toss up between that and the Norden.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Already been braving 30f mornings to take advantage of 55f afternoons. Shame traffic in north CO is so fucking bad gets in the way of a nice ride.