Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What race flash did you get? I'm thinking of getting the brentune stage 1 and was wondering if it's worth it.
Eh, I have something through Alpha from one of my local dealers for my 2015. I don't personally know what's out there for 2020+.

RS2E: Chiptuning / ECU tuning for BMW motorcycle I'm running the 2015 bike version of this software. Not sure how this works on the road, it's basically a track specific flash.

Reach out to this guy on the S1000RR forums, https://www.s1000rrforum.com/members/bmw_388.62545/, see what he has to say. He's probably the go to tuner in the US at the moment. I'm not a fan of the Brentunes myself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bike: too powerful and fast for the street. Can't exploit its performance.

Human: "I wanna tune it to make it more vroomy!!"

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Aye. I don't quite understand most people's need to tune these things if they just ride on the street.

However these newer shift cam BMWs were hobbled in the NA market to meet emissions and have a huge dead spot between 5-9k rpm that these tunes typically fix.

The tune I got maybe added 5 horsepower and my bike is pre shift cam, but it was a big improvement to the traction control programming for track use. Much quicker cut system with the audible crackle when it's working.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You can really feel the dead spot on the BMW. It's the only bike I've had that has had that dead spot. There are a lot of places in AZ where you can open the bike up pretty safe. Few tracks out here also to take it to.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm a dinosaur. Seeing/hearing that makes me miss the 2-strokes of the 70's and 80's.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yes they are, really good. I thought he had quit it had been over a month since his last vid. Also, fuck Harley, shitheads.

• 1Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Bike: too powerful and fast for the street. Can't exploit its performance.

Human: "I wanna tune it to make it more vroomy!!"
Yes standard bike needs more turbo.

Attachments

• 11178268_1399787950344598_5607379934278696676_n.jpg
    11178268_1399787950344598_5607379934278696676_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Damn I have 800 miles on my bike and have leaky fork seals already. At least warranty is covering everything. Just can't believe in such few miles shit already went wrong.

• 1Rustled

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What sucks is they just told me it's going to be about two weeks for the parts. It's bike week in AZ this week which now blows. I was looking forward to it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dude, that's just beautiful. I'd buy it if I needed it. Too bad you can't take it with you.
Ya, if im taking one, I choose the h2, but it's a great tourer, very comfortable. I do hate its a bit top heavy when you try to juggle it in half a garage with 3 bikes. Irony is new Oklahoma place has a gigantic shop for multiple vehicles.

But the money would be helpful with moving costs.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Ya, if im taking one, I choose the h2, but it's a great tourer, very comfortable. I do hate its a bit top heavy when you try to juggle it in half a garage with 3 bikes. Irony is new Oklahoma place has a gigantic shop for multiple vehicles.

But the money would be helpful with moving costs.

I hear you. I have a BMW, also a bit top heavy, similar luggage and set up. But I would never change it for something Harley shaped. I like sitting more upright.

Going to camp with one of my kids on the motorcycle this summer. I have one that is particularly keen on doing a motorcycle trip. Should be a blast.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Anyone need a concours? Can't take it in my move

Those things are pretty damn awesome. Buddy picked one up and it just has so much versatility. Sucks you can't keep it, but someone will be taking a damn nice bike off your hands.

Last edited:

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider
so in the last few weeks I've passed my MSF rider course and gone down to the DMV. i'm all official now! still babying the bike significantly for the first 90 miles, per owners manual; which is also a convenient excuse to not really leave the neighborhood. there are quite a few open spaces and stretches of barely-trafficked road to work on skills.

stupid n00b question #73: when you do take your bike to a retail spot...what do you do with your helmet (for those of you that wear one)? i can't really recall too many dudes at the coffee shop with a big helmet at their table, but i guess i never really paid attention. is there a secure way to leave it with your bike, or do you just lug it around?

scout.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If I'm in direct line of sight of my bike the entire time I'm eating, I... still won't leave it on the bike. My helmet + audio device is like $800. Some bikes come with locks specifically designed just to grab onto the chin strap.

I put mine next to me on a chair or the table.

• 1Like