Motorcycle Thread

Molten Core Raider
TIL that not every bike comes with a helmet lock! Of course, as little as I know about bikes, maybe most dont? My Shadow has a lock that just clicks through the d ring on the strap. I just lock it that way when I am away from the bike.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Always take it with you. It's a pain to carry but you still have it.
I've had mates have their kids stollen and can't get home. 4 hours from home and no shops open on a weekend in the area Have to wear a lid in Australia by law .

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
so in the last few weeks I've passed my MSF rider course and gone down to the DMV. i'm all official now! still babying the bike significantly for the first 90 miles, per owners manual; which is also a convenient excuse to not really leave the neighborhood. there are quite a few open spaces and stretches of barely-trafficked road to work on skills.

stupid n00b question #73: when you do take your bike to a retail spot...what do you do with your helmet (for those of you that wear one)? i can't really recall too many dudes at the coffee shop with a big helmet at their table, but i guess i never really paid attention. is there a secure way to leave it with your bike, or do you just lug it around?

View attachment 411702
Oh shit forgot you were brand new to bikes. Check out the Champu online courses. It's not just for sportbikes. Lots of great tips and drills you can practice with your bike.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
FB_IMG_1648339736617.jpg

I went drag racing.
Slow 60' as I haven't been for a long time.
4 runs, 1st 11.2
4th 10.4
The bike can do a 9 it's just me getting my shit together.
Anyway, had some oil problems so only did 4 runs.
Now it looks like this..
IMG_20220503_210108_692.jpg

Single sider is out and 6" extensions are in..
I will do a 9" second pass on a 33 year old 750cc bike

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Most of my bikes have been adventure travel bikes except my triumph so I almost always have luggage attached. I damn near put a top box on the street triple just for a helmet and grocery shopping but I ended up selling it before that.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man 1st 100 degree day out here in phoenix and everyone is out on their bike. Ended up just catching a group to ride with and had a good ol time. Just funny that everyone is out with swamp ass when I have hardly seen any bikes the last few months.

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider
commuted to work for the first time yesterday. bike probably has about 100 miles now, which means I've got about 100 miles. it was so dumb, one mistake i never anticipated...making a left through an intersection trying to catch the green left turn arrow. i must have been looking too straight worried about oncoming traffic because i suddenly found myself going waaay wide on the turn and damn near off the road. almost panicked and grabbed the clutch but just leaned and got my head way left and squared myself away. super embarrassing even though nobody really could have known. anyway, super fun adventure. my route seems really safe so i really just have to worry about myself being an idiot.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Moving states, not looking forward to trying to strap my h2 into a semi and pray shit doesn't shift and hit it or taking a 12 hour ride and 750 miles on the odo.

Then again id probably worry on time to sell it since id have to mess with the bank note.

Been debating finding a cheaper commuter again since the concours i mostly liked but just too big and top heavy. 120milr a day commute is a waste on h2. Not cheap but I kinda like some of the big cruisers might be nice for comfort. Indian chieftain etc.

Id love to find a near end of production valkrye or vmax. Or something new and different like the tiger 660 or if i can find a like 2015 bmw 1600. Heck, kinda want to try a cheap AF benelli 502. But don't trust it falling apart or just being a little too anemic. I hate harley but id like to try the new sportster but not much wind protection. Ditto on Indian scout.

All these scrambler and other things are neat, and my house is on a asphalt road with some Gravel, but that 100 miles of highway means non buzzy cruising and comfort key.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
commuted to work for the first time yesterday. bike probably has about 100 miles now, which means I've got about 100 miles. it was so dumb, one mistake i never anticipated...making a left through an intersection trying to catch the green left turn arrow. i must have been looking too straight worried about oncoming traffic because i suddenly found myself going waaay wide on the turn and damn near off the road. almost panicked and grabbed the clutch but just leaned and got my head way left and squared myself away. super embarrassing even though nobody really could have known. anyway, super fun adventure. my route seems really safe so i really just have to worry about myself being an idiot.

First time commuting to work ever or on that new bike?

I was insanely nervous the first time commuting to work, mainly due to the distance (34 miles) aswell as lot of interstate hwys (3+ lanes). Heck, I still get nervous on the first commute or two on a new bike. Thankfully one of those things that you get over quickly (generally).

Love the Indian btw, on my list for my next purchase.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I was insanely nervous the first time commuting to work, mainly due to the distance (34 miles) aswell as lot of interstate hwys (3+ lanes). Heck, I still get nervous on the first commute or two on a new bike. Thankfully one of those things that you get over quickly (generally).

I remember not putting a bike in neutral once at a gas station, stepping off of it and releasing the clutch while it was still running and it jerked off the kickstand. I had to catch it (Not my bike) and used every bit of strength I had to keep it from hitting the ground. I got back on it and left I was so embarrassed.

I learned a valuable lesson that day about putting a bike in neutral and killing it before even putting the kickstand down, never did that again.

Got a new quad today, z650 is gone. Shit is so fun.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I remember not putting a bike in neutral once at a gas station, stepping off of it and releasing the clutch while it was still running and it jerked off the kickstand. I had to catch it (Not my bike) and used every bit of strength I had to keep it from hitting the ground. I got back on it and left I was so embarrassed.

I learned a valuable lesson that day about putting a bike in neutral and killing it before even putting the kickstand down, never did that again.

Got a new quad today, z650 is gone. Shit is so fun.

I am still dreading the day I drop my new bike (850lb tourer). It is not a matter of if, but when. No way in hell am I going to be able to stop that behemoth from hitting the ground if it starts falling.

Last edited:

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider

yeah, that was the first commute and a big day. seems silly, glad to read of similar nervousness from others. i think it's a good thing i learned to drive on standard transmission so i recall that fear of stalling out in the middle of a busy intersection; and how it fades as you get more confidant.

i'm fortunate to live where i do, pretty rural and my commute is like 70% country roads, and i just venture into work basically at the edge of the city on very modern, safe roadways. one or two large intersections, all big enough to have dedicated turn lanes.

if i head the opposite direction of work from home, which i did yesterday for a 30 or 40 mile trip, i end up on state forest roads, low posted speed limit (which i appreciate at this time), lots of curves to practice shifting and throttle control through.

the scout has been a blast so far. i'm hooked.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
A motorcycle using gaming microtransactions. I couldn't stop laughing.

Shit is getting out of control, found an app that unlocked some of the Golf R screens on my GTi. I was going to buy it them realized you had to buy the app THEN you had to buy tokens to make changes in the app, each change took so many tokens.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well after waiting 4 months for an exhaust the bike is complete finally.

Attachments

• 20220703_134726.jpg
    20220703_134726.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Watch or look up features. Seems impressive for a Chinese bike, they are the oem mfg for some of the ktm engines and this is one of the earlier ones. Shits on my concours I had. Heated. Cruise, tpms, lots of adjustments, quick shifter albeit not great.

Kinda interested in a commuter besides my h2. 70mph highways and some country roads with random Gravel i was having a tough time with something that would like both usage areas. Otherwise id have just got a scrambler.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Will be looking into more of a sport bike next Spring. But in the meantime, decided I needed a little extra comfort on colder days as I daily-commute on my bike (70miles roundtrip for work with some extra here and there for lunch and etc), so decided to replace the chopped engine guard with a full guard and added painted lowers (with adjustable vent).

1667355042177_2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Back on her wheels hooray
Motor needed some work to keep the oil in, Carby rebuild because it was off anyway..
8" penis extensions meant for some extra mods.. made a new exhaust, moved battery and oil cooler.. wiring changed, fuel system changed, and more stuff.
IMG_20221103_182634_774~2.jpg

Swinger frame and shock are not compatible so made all new linkages to make it work.

IMG_20221103_182926_674~2.jpg

Engine shot because TURBO
IMG_20221103_182651_125~2.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users