Motorcycle Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Whatever floats your boat dude. But asking why you like it is a perfectly valid question.
It actually fits my work commute, with the company compensation I will also receive(being green and all that) that puts it in a range of 'oh hell yeah'. Doesn't hurt that after the bonuses I will be able to charge up at work for free.
Seeing my workmates drive in with e-cars, mostly leafs i think, got me thinking. The zero never really got my juices flowing.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
In that case, cool yo. I'd certainly like to give one a spin.

And lurkingdirk, I didn't tone my post down with the edit, all's I did was add the comment about weight. Because the post didn't need toning down. But it's cool man, keep carrying that cross for liking trikes! Even Tuco made fun of you.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Awesome advertisement, if real.

i8NL57m.jpg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hate watching shit like this but fuck, hopefully it gets some people to be safer

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
http://imgur.com/hIfYPu9

This is my "newest" bike. 1975 CB550 Supersport. Work in progress, but I'm getting there. The paint is just primer right now because it had some super lame cream color speckles on it when I bought it. I got a cafe muffler for it, but it's 1 3/4" and the 4-into-1 header is 2", so I need to find some kind of reducer for that. I found some cool cafe seats that are built with a model of the stock seat pan, but they are retardedly expensive. Over the winter, I'm planning on building my own fiberglass seat.

I've really become obsessed with old bikes lately. I rode dirt when I was a teenager and had a few crotch rockets after that, then I went on a Looooooong string of dual sports. Since I did most of my riding on the roads and as a commuter, I decided to go back to street bikes. This is my kind of street bike.
smile.png

edit: sorry, I guess I can't embed imgur

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bike has been in the shop last couple weeks,ridehome this morning was amazing.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Cross posting this from my thread in the travel section, cause I'm lazy like that:

We ended up trailering the bikes straight to Yakima, then took the 12 and 131 by Mt St Helens (holy fuck that road was fun!), missed the turn to Portland, ended up in Longview, said fuck it and continued on to Astoria before picking up the 101. Went down the 101 as far as Crescent City and the Redwood parks, then headed back North through Grant's Pass, checked out Crater Lake, went up the Cascade Lakes scenic byway, got hammered at Deschutes in Bend, loaded up in Yakima, and drove straight home. Ended up putting more miles on the truck/trailer than the bikes. About 3,200 km on the truck, and 2,500 km on the bikes.

Unfortunately we lost a day and a half in Astoria, because the fuckwads at the local Ducati dealer in Edmonton didn't bother to tell me that my tire was basically done and needed immediate replacement when I dropped it off for a oil change and check over before the trip, despite me specifically telling them that the bike was going on a long trip. We found a tire in Astoria immediately, but because the rear tire takes a 55mm 12 point socket to get off, they had to overnight a non-OEM socket in. Good news was that there was some really good brew pubs in Astoria as well, so we made the best of it.

My tire when we pulled in to Astoria, about 500 km after the service, and the legit bike shop that replaced it:

rrr_img_76244.jpg

rrr_img_76243.jpg

And yes, I know I'm a dumbfuck who should have known that the tire was nearly done, but jesus titty fuck you think you could trust the fucking DUCATI DEALER to be like "oh hey man, your $20,000 bike needs a $300 tire yesterday, you want us to put one on for you?" In the end I am lucky as fuck that the stupid thing didn't blow out on me.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That trip sounds awesome! I'd really have a pretty serious word with your Ducati dealer when you get back home. Thank goodness you had them checked over again! No fun having a blowout on a highway, trust me, I've had it happen.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Dude, if you didn't know to check your own tires before going on a 2500km trip, and your rear was like that... You are a fucking squid on an over priced bike.

We used to give our bikes a more thorough look for a hard afternoon than you did for 2500km...

Yes. You are a dumb fuck. Just because they sell overpriced shit, separated you from money, does not make them competent, or mean they give a fuck if you have a blow out.

You are the idiot we used to put last in a ride, so when you do something stupid and high side, you don't kill us too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I miss my bike, but not so much when looking at the roads I don't get to drive on. Fuck Houston, and fuck Katrina for doubling my commute time...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What sucks about the whole thing is all of the people that are going to lose their jobs over a dumbass owner/manager not seeing the forest from the trees.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
"They were aware that there were issues here. We have been working with management here - to no avail. And I have to say: That was local management here," said Swanton. "We told them of the issues. We tried to get assistance from them in dealing with this crowd, but they would not cooperate . There was a statement that local management put out last night that was absolute fabrication. It was a lie."
pretty fucked up. imagine there will be some pretty big lawsuits filed soon.

Molten Core Raider
On a side note, I went for my first real ride today. I finished the MSF basic riders course a few weeks ago, and since my FIL isnt riding his Shadow he brought it over. I can see how this becomes a passion some people cannot put aside!