Motorcycle Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
My daughters won't get on the bike without serious shoes, jeans, and coat. I think I've drilled that lesson into their brains enough. They also think crotch-rocket bikes are dumb. Their thoughts, which mirror my own, are "why would you get a bike that's uncomfortable to sit on and ride after 15 minutes?"
They're not all that bad. My R6 is quite comfortable even for long rides. I've taken it on numerous multi-day tours. And it's an absolutely spectacular ride on a twisty mountain highway like the Beartooth Pass.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
They're not all that bad. My R6 is quite comfortable even for long rides. I've taken it on numerous multi-day tours. And it's an absolutely spectacular ride on a twisty mountain highway like the Beartooth Pass.
I have driven the Beartooth Pass many times. Always in a dang car. I would love to do that on a bike. That would be pretty spectacular, I think. I'd also like to do Rocky Mountain National Park on the bike. Too bad they are so far away. Have to book serious time for that!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I have driven the Beartooth Pass many times. Always in a dang car. I would love to do that on a bike. That would be pretty spectacular, I think. I'd also like to do Rocky Mountain National Park on the bike. Too bad they are so far away. Have to book serious time for that!
Observe:Beartooth Pass - Uphill From Red Lodge - YouTube

All the guys on huge cruisers were probably like "what the fuck was that?" as I went by.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I don't like the riding position on sports bikes, so I put MX bars on. It's built as a streetfighter and it's faily angry.... TURBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think I posted a pic a few pages back.
Having done multi days rides on a sports bike and it was fine, cruisers on the other hand BORE me to death. I'm not out to look at the trees and hills and flowers or be seen..... I'm sure the cruiser guys love it but it's not for me.

I always wear kevlar pants/jacket/helmet (law in Aus) boots and gloves or a race suit if i'm out for a play with mates.

You'd be nuts not to wear the gear if you own it, I have big stacks on my downhill pushy with armour on and that hurts enough.
I'd hate to bin a motorbike without gear on.

Bazoom

Trakanon Raider
7 hour ride last weekend. First one in long time.

N2fitYh.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You make shame your bitch, man.

I'm going to change all the fluids in my bike this weekend, and next week I'm doing my brakes. Pads, discs, everything. It's about 280$ in parts alone. Which is salty, but still...hard to beat having a good, reliable bike.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, just had my two bikes serviced even though they didn't need it mileage wise. I don't put on as many miles as I should, but it's been 3+ years since their last service, so it was time (each had about 4000 miles since the previous service). Glad I did it with the Multistrada, I guess there was a couple recalls and bulletins out on it, as well as a firmware upgrade. Apparently the front suspension lowers need to be replaced as well due to a recall (ah, this must be it:http://www.mts1200.info/mts12_faq/mt...lletin_888.pdf), but they're waiting on parts for that. The 2005 R6 continues to be solid as all fuck, nothing has ever gone wrong with that bike, although it's only got about 11,000 miles on it (17,000 km). I keep telling myself it's time to replace it, and it just keeps reminding me how awesome it is and how silly that would be.

Well worth the $200-300 each that the shop charged.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This thread reminds me it is time to service my bike as well, been putting it off but still riding it :/

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, just had my two bikes serviced even though they didn't need it mileage wise. I don't put on as many miles as I should, but it's been 3+ years since their last service, so it was time (each had about 4000 miles since the previous service). Glad I did it with the Multistrada, I guess there was a couple recalls and bulletins out on it, as well as a firmware upgrade. Apparently the front suspension lowers need to be replaced as well due to a recall (ah, this must be it:http://www.mts1200.info/mts12_faq/mt...lletin_888.pdf), but they're waiting on parts for that. The 2005 R6 continues to be solid as all fuck, nothing has ever gone wrong with that bike, although it's only got about 11,000 miles on it (17,000 km). I keep telling myself it's time to replace it, and it just keeps reminding me how awesome it is and how silly that would be.

Well worth the $200-300 each that the shop charged.
Will Ducati pay for you the price of their lowers to put on aftermarket lowers?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Didn't ask, never really crossed my mind. I sincerely doubt it. Unfortunately the only Ducati licensed dealer in town are a bunch of complete cunts.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of these was parked outside the bar I live above last night. Too drunk to think of taking a picture at the time, but it was in amazing condition for being 45 years old.
rrr_img_73800.jpg